It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhattan DA charges Chinese businessman, company with plot to help Iran get nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Manhattan DA charges Chinese businessman, company with plot to help Iran get nukes

www.baltimoresun.com

Chinese businessman accused of helping Iran's military buy materials to make nuclear weapons has been indicted on charges of illegally sending millions of dollars through New York City banks, Manhattan's chief prosecutor said Tuesday.

The 118-count indictment charges Li Fang Wei, 37, and his China-based company LIMMT, identified years ago as fronts for Iran's illegal nuclear acquisition efforts, with falsifying business records and conspiracy to gain access to U.S. banks.

Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau said Li's deception caused six New York banks to allow him and his company to continue banking in U.S. dollars — and to continue selling banned weapons material to the Iranian military
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nypost.com
www.truveo.com
www.nydailynews.com
www.nytimes.com

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
To sum it up, there's this chinese financier who was sending money to the US; it was transfered to NY bank accounts, in what are called shell accounts. Basicly, these are faux companies, faux paperwork, which hide the real transfer of money and goods. When in reality, they were selling various materials, tungsten, high strength steels and exotic metals to the Iranian Military.

I'm flabbergasted. I know there's been a lot of talk about Iran and it's nuclear program, but I thought that intel was pretty sure that no real work towards a weapons program was being done.

If the charges in this article are true, this is really big news! Real evidence to the contrary.

www.baltimoresun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Jadette]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If someone in CHINA wanted to ship nukes to someone in IRAN, why would they use NEW YORK to leave a paper trail?

new topics

join