It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brothers, 10 and 11, giggle in dock as they are accused of attempted Murder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
In a word, Unbelievable.

It is utterly beyond belief firstly that these kids are committing these acts. It's an outrage, and by the sounds of it, not entirely unexpected in certain parts of the U.K. And yet, it is happening.

Why is it happening? To my way of thinking, and having an 11yr old son of my own, it is entirely social. These boys sound like very angry and desensitized youths. They appear to be lacking empathy, and have clearly displayed antisocial personality behaviours.
How did they get that way? From their own experiences of course. Whether those are from their immediate home environments, or from the area they are living in and the communities they are living in, remains to be seen.

As for the comments about single mothers, and the references to people on benefits or welfare payments?? Such sweeping gross generalisations of a group of people is deplorable.

These boys have obviously displayed very little capacity for compassion. What does this say about your own behaviour for compassionate understanding?

I will end here before I go too far.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by azurecara
In a word, Unbelievable.

It is utterly beyond belief firstly that these kids are committing these acts. It's an outrage, and by the sounds of it, not entirely unexpected in certain parts of the U.K. And yet, it is happening.

Funnily enough, I recently read a book about how commonplace seemingly indiscriminate violent crime was amongst this age group (11 to 15 or so) in Northern England during the 1860s-1890s.

In fact, the widespread nature of this crime - which regularly involved stabbing (to the head, no less), the use of specifically selected belt buckles, kicking with wood and brass clogs as well as bricks and stones - was far more of an issue with this age group than with other age groups such as adults &c.

This was at a time when reform schools, industrial schools, prison ships for youth offenders, hanging, corporal punishment (birch and even the cat o' nine tails) were all regularly used options for punishment regarding assault and murder.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
well maybe this is it, a lack off responciblity i was brought dirt poor in a council estate (during the troubles). but iwas taught to learn and earn my own stuff, got caught shoplifting when i was very young, and the local community police woman came round and put the fear of god into me, never intenionly broke the law again, i was taught to stand on my own two feet at an early age, and nothings coming my way for free
im a trusted respected older person now. making good money and have career prospects all down to frugal parenting

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

Dont really think it is a sweeping generalisation when I am talking about things that I have witnessed my whole life and see on a day to day basis throughout the UK. As I have previously stated my opinion is my own and I am far from alone in my way of thinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join