It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brothers, 10 and 11, giggle in dock as they are accused of attempted Murder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If we don't start holding children accountable, and stop just blaming their parents, the next generation will be even MORE likely to never take responsibility for themselves.

THEY did it, not their parents.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

I think there is an important disctinction between punitive action and corrective action.

The parents aren't entirely to blame, but neither can they shirk their responsibility. Family is the basis of civilized society, and clearly something was not right within these families.

The parent's shouldn't be imprisoned on account of their children behaving in this manner, but neither should they be allowed to bring more children into the world.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

life and I am now a business graduate with two homes in Edinburgh and manage a insurance firm in Scotland
that gives cover to all of the Armed Forces in Scotland. Not bragging

but you can do anything with the right attitude and support from your parents. I agree with the posts that the kids have to an extent been let down by their parents but at 11 years old I was playing with lego and fishing myself, I never attacked other kids for their money or slashed them with a knife.

Well that brightened up my day thanks, my boy is 11 and Lego mad if you slice him up he'll have Lego written all the way down him, cool role model you are mate.

I appreciated how easy it is to slip into generalization in relation to single mums. Much of the generalizing seems to come from the media it would seem and I would go as far to say there is a deliberate intent by some to create hostility and keep our eyes off the ball.

Yes we do have problems in the UK with ignorant loutlike chavs who would rob and assault you as good as look at you, they just appear to be breeding faster than the parasites in power.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

To be honest i would not expect this behaviour from anyone at any age.
There always seems something more sinister when really young people behave like this though

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
This case has reminded me also of little James Bulger,and the harrowing attack on him!

Those little b*st*rds new exactly what they were doing to that poor little boy,just as the little b*st*rds in this more recent case knew what they were doing also!

Sorry for the bad language,but i absolutely abhor any violence toward children,no matter what the age of the perpetrators!!

Shouldn't you abhor violence to these children too?

I mean they are sick kids, and will probably grow up to be sick adults - but there's no reason to be cruel to them.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am glad this sub discussion about breeding and parenting has developed as myself and my partner are in a situation where we have great jobs however do not have the time at present with our careers and social life to have kids, also we want to make sure we have enough savings so that she can give up work for at least 2 years to raise our first child. The people I have been talking about just have kids, dont care about the consequences and then let them run amock and do not give them the start in life we all deserve. I think we should bring in a system in the UK, like the chinese have, where the number of childern is limited to your own situation, such as thoses on low income or high debt are limited to one child until they are in a better situation. I know it would never be able to be policed but in an ideal world I think it would work, this would stop the baby factories pumping them out for benefits.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Sorry your not in a position to moan about how much tax you pay, I am happy to do so and also judge the people I see on a day to day basis. I feel I am getting the #ty end of the stick in this country and thats my opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

How long have you been an adult? I'm 18, and I am highly confident that thoughts such as those could easily go through the mind of a 10 and 11 year old. Get in touch, please. The world will be better off. Send these children to jail for their crime.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I am glad this sub discussion about breeding and parenting has developed as myself and my partner are in a situation where we have great jobs however do not have the time at present with our careers and social life to have kids, also we want to make sure we have enough savings so that she can give up work for at least 2 years to raise our first child. The people I have been talking about just have kids, dont care about the consequences and then let them run amock and do not give them the start in life we all deserve. I think we should bring in a system in the UK, like the chinese have, where the number of childern is limited to your own situation, such as thoses on low income or high debt are limited to one child until they are in a better situation. I know it would never be able to be policed but in an ideal world I think it would work, this would stop the baby factories pumping them out for benefits.

I actually agree with this. I'm in a different but similar position. I realised a long time ago that it wouldn't be feasible my having children with my current partner. I've a fairly serious health problem which has made working and therefore money pretty difficult at times. The instability of both my health and finances placed me in the position where it just wouldn't be responsible for me to have children. It's sad that it's unlikely I'll ever have kids but it would have been sadder to bring children into a home that couldn't provide the kind of upbringing they'd need or deserve.

Too many people treat children like accessories; or like living dress-up dolls or cuddly toys. Even worse children who are 'bandage babies', whose sole purpose is to bring together dodgy marriages or fill some psychological whole in a woman's life.

If people treat children as some kind of 'means to an end' like this, then what hope have the children got?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

You are joking, are'nt you?

Who exactly was being cruel to whom?

They broke the law big time,and will probably have left their victims emotionally,as well as physically,scarred for life!

But that is okay,as long as we are not "cruel" to them.Eh?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You are joking, are'nt you?

Who exactly was being cruel to whom?

They broke the law big time,and will probably have left their victims emotionally,as well as physically,scarred for life!

But that is okay,as long as we are not "cruel" to them.Eh?

They should definitely be punished big time, I'm just saying we shouldn't torture them or put them to death.

Is that crazy to think?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

This is Britain. There is no death penalty here.

Instead,if convicted, they will probably serve around a ten year custodial sentence,then be released,still in the prime of their lives!

Who knows,if the crime is serious enough,they may also be rewarded with new identities,new homes and jobs etc. (such as was the case with james Bulger's murderers)!

Justice.Don't you just love it!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is Britain. There is no death penalty here.

Instead,if convicted, they will probably serve around a ten year custodial sentence,then be released,still in the prime of their lives!

Who knows,if the crime is serious enough,they may also be rewarded with new identities,new homes and jobs etc. (such as was the case with james Bulger's murderers)!

Justice.Don't you just love it!

So do you envy America in the sense we execute people? Or the Middle East?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, that's ridiculous 10 years? But still, we shouldn't be executing people, especially not children.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Yeah.I do feel that some crimes ,here in Britain, should be met with the death penalty, but that is a whole other can of worms!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yeah.I do feel that some crimes ,here in Britain, should be met with the death penalty, but that is a whole other can of worms!

To each their own. Would you prefer to see life without parole over execution though?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

No.

I don't see why honest, hard working people, should have to pay, just to keep some murdering scumbag in relative comfort for the rest of their life.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The cost means nothing. They waste our money anyway.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just noticed that an update to the story has been released and that the scum in question here tortured their victims with knifes, bricks, lit cigarettes and apparently horrifically sexually abused them to boot. I never though I would say this about people so young but they deserve strung up, and their parents with them

[edit on 9/4/09 by On the level]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sadly, this violent kid on kid crime seems to be on the news all the time and I am starting to think there is something in the water because where I used to live there were young feral gangs roaming at night. It got so bad that at times we would hear them keening off in the distance sporadically like something out of “I am legend.”

Last year my daughter was assaulted outside my front door in Edinburgh when having a cigarette (I do not allow smoking in the house). When I went to remonstrate with the 13 year old culprit who was running with a sizable gang of boys and girls of a similar age, I had a bottle swung into my face and was attacked with a knife.

End result I ended up with a fractured skull and a broken nose and I was more or less told off in sympathetic terms by the police officers for punching the bottle swinging girl in the face. Sadly, she could only have been about 15. However when she fractured my skull, they all turned on me like a pack of wolves and I had to kick and punch my way out of danger, drenched in blood.

It seems to be a sign of the times. Fluoride, radio waves, TV or just bad parenting. Sometimes I really despise Scotland until I remember not to generalise. That said I have lost a sizable sense of smell and my sense of taste is also not what it was.

The depths our feral youth will plunge will get more depraved I think.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Dissemination]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join