It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is doomed, so what is the plan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It's doom and gloom all around folks. The Earth has almost had it! It's on it's dying legs and apparently the human race is determined to hack down and chop it up until it really does die.

This is my general surmising from the scaring warnings from Climate Change to Alien messages from beyond. If we believe all that we read, and we take it as fact that yes, we did it. We are to blame for our sins! Even if we don't blame ourselves, yet still reach the conclusion that bad things are definitely happening. Record highs and lows, record storms, record tsunami's, etc. Bad things abound. If Aliens are becoming concerned enough to abduct and brainwash our fellow man (IF), then obviously it is concerning someone.

My question is this. What is the Plan?? I have heard of reducing emissions? Is this a viable plan? Will it make a difference do you think? I say no. I say introducing laws to fine companies if they make too many carbon emissions is really ridiculous and smacks of making an appearence to be doing something.

I have heard plenty of ideas, but have seen little to no action or real plans. Wonder of wonder's the mainstream media has dropped the headlining of global climate change, like yesterdays dirty laundry, and have focussed their attention on the global recession.

Yes global recession is nasty. Yes it deserves attention.

But I'm still waiting with yesterdays newspaper with a resolution. And apparently there is nothing forthcoming.

So I ask you, what should the plan be? What should it look like? Does Anyone really have a solution? Intelligent people of the world, what is the solution?

*That would be waiting For a resolution*
*Belated realised that this is probably in the wrong forum - most deepest apologies*

[edit on 4/8/2009 by azurecara]

[edit on 4/8/2009 by azurecara]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
people or the general populace need to wake up first and see what is going on around them, only then we can achieve something that is good for the world

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Earth is doing just fine...

It's not going anywhere.

We are

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Ok. That's interesting. The Human Race is doomed. Possibly the Earth as well. But ok, people.

How do we save ourselves? Any ideas plans?

Extreme ideas occur to me. But essentially what are the problems with the Human Race? Why are we doomed/dying?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The Earth is DOOMED?????

OMG I'd better get back under the covers with my tinfoil hat on.

Not to worry though , haven't you heard that TPTB have signed an accord with the evil reptilian Aliens and in exchange for all our gold they get a lift off the doomed planet we live on, leaving the rest of us to fend for ourselves.

Hang on a sec. is that such a bad thing?

after all the turmoil of having to survive whatever catastrophy that befalls this planet and her inhabitants TPTB will have run away with all the money , and those that are left alive here can start a new world, with no money and no controlling power hungry freaks.
And if TPTB ever try to return I think they would find the welcome home party a very nasty affair.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
i have already gave you the answer, 1st you need to understand whats going on, then other people need to understand whats going on, then the awakening begins.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

What are the problems with human race ?

We take ourselves too seriously...

I'm not sure that we can save ourselves. Maybe we should party more and worry less

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

TPTB?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Mate in all honesty I fail to see how Man could do to the planet what a 5 Mile Wide Asteroid crashing into the Yucatan Peninsular 50 million years ago wiping out 99% of life can do.

We have dug huge pits, polluted rivers, contaminated the soil and poisoned whole ecosystems but in reality the Earth only needs a glimmer of life somewhere and 20 million years and it will be once again a diverse cornucopia of life

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

Well the thing is , you can sit around and talk about plans how much you want but th fact is all you can do is watch the show. If they want to implement a plan they will if they don't we are screwed , and sadly thats all we can do.

And all the taxers and obstacles that look like they are used to "save the planet" are only to make cash , yes only to make cash.

Do you really think they give a # what will happen to the planet
?

PS:Here is something fun and on topic

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Thill]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
TPTB - The Powers That Be .

I.E, the ones that really control your life, the bank bosses , the politicians.
I have since realised that I no longer work for myself or my family, I basically work for the banks, after all, I work to pay off loans and my household bills, which can go up in price , but my savings ( ie money coming to me ) never goes up in relation .
The bills go up, the interest rates go up on my credit cards, I either have to get a loan to help pay them off, therefore delaying my final payment of I have to work longer hours to pay off the money.
TPTB screw us over every chance they get.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
why would you want to save yourself... your just going to die anyway

acceptance is the first step

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Acceptance is the first step? Ok, that pretty much follows my question.

Let's theorise that we (as a human race) have accepted that either the planet or our race is facing the threat of extinction in the near future. And by near let's say within two hundred years (?).

What is the second step to either prevent us all from dying off? (as a species), or prevent the earth's ecosystem from total collapse?

I patient and willing to listen to all theories.

I hear your cyniscm DataWraith, and understand it. The concept of Getting Ahead in this life appears laughable somedays.

Have The Powers That Be doomed us though? Has there been a conspiracy to kill off either the human race or the planet?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Mate in all honesty I fail to see how Man could do to the planet what a 5 Mile Wide Asteroid crashing into the Yucatan Peninsular 50 million years ago wiping out 99% of life can do.

We have dug huge pits, polluted rivers, contaminated the soil and poisoned whole ecosystems but in reality the Earth only needs a glimmer of life somewhere and 20 million years and it will be once again a diverse cornucopia of life

Good point on the asteroid front

However, the asteroid is the main suspect in the extinction of many species. This doesn't appear to bode well for our species if we are dooming the ecosystem to an all systems reboot.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

oh ok, sorry rubbish with pc jargon

TPTB, who are they though really? does it go back just to bankers, partly yes

I believe it goes way back to egyptian times

the begining of the civilised world, or somewhere around there

royal bloodlines

we are ruled, not lead like we should be.

who knows the queen and the bushes are related?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Sparkey76]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Things you can do to save the Planet:

1) Car share or where possible use public transport; cycle or walk;
Also improve your driving technique in an eco friendly way by avoiding
late heavy breaking or gear g

2) Recycle your rubbish as much as possible;

3) Plant trees in your backyard;

4) Create a pond to attract birdlife and amphibians;

5) Think twice before getting on a plane to go on holiday, can you take a
break closer to home ?;

6) Invest in energy saving in your home i.e loft insolation;

7) Switch off unwanted lighting.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Circle]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
Things you can do to save the Planet:

1) Car share or where possible use public transport; cycle or walk;
Also improve your driving technique in an eco friendly way by avoiding
late heavy breaking or gear g

2) Recycle your rubbish as much as possible;

3) Plant trees in your backyard;

4) Create a pond to attract birdlife and amphibians;

5) Think twice before getting on a plane to go on holiday, can you take a
break closer to home ?;

6) Invest in energy saving in your home i.e loft insolation;

7) Switch off unwanted lighting.

Whilst I agree these are all good eviromental ideas, and I fully support green ideas, do you honestly believe these things can prevent or change the global climate change? If so, then how and why?

Are we all in such a state of denial about how large this problem appears to be? If it is not directly affecting our daily lives are we voluntarily blind, deaf, and mute about the scale of sweeping changes? Do we pick and choose the reports we'd like to believe or prefer to believe - that Climate Change is just scare tactics, that some Scientists disagree that Climate Change is unnaturally becoming accelerated?

Perhaps there is an overwhelming feeling that there is so much going on in our busy daily lives that we'll pay attention to global problems when we are either paid to do so, or when we have any spare time. Perhaps the overwhelming media attention has desensitised us to the problem.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Yes ALL valid points , PROVIDING EVERYONE follows the example, most people are led to believe that 'someone' else can do it so I don't have to.

If EVERYONE turned off their lights then it would still be a small step, but there are the bigger issues, not just car sharing, you'd have to include all business that leave their lights on, and power their staff's aircon units and PC's.

There are other things , lately we are told that recycling doesn't work and that people still dump everything in their normal everyday household rubbish that heads to landfills.

People throw out a 3 third of their food ( well here in the UK anyway apparently) all that wasted food goes to landfill creating more gases as it decomposes. Plastic emits gases as it breaks down as well .

The main trouble is people don't care about people or the planet, they can't seem to get it through their heads that there are generations that follow ours, all they see is what HAS happened and what is HAPPENING to them, they have very little or none at all foresight. SO everything that has happened in the past and has happened to them is someone elses fault and as a result its their god given right to be jerks.

We try to recycle and cut down on fuel, we even traded in a gas guzzling motorcycle for a better more fuel efficient one, ( be even better if I added a dynajet kit and balanced the carbs), we recycle all our paper , cardboard and cans, we as a family can die with the masses knowing that we tried our best , its just a shame that no one else bothered.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

[Whilst I agree these are all good eviromental ideas, and I fully support green ideas, do you honestly believe these things can prevent or change the global climate change? If so, then how and why?

We have to start somewhere. People need to feel empowered. They can make a direct contribution, to the solving the problem , by carefully monitoring their consumer habits and travelling options. Its the snow ball approach. Things start off in a small way and gradually build up to an avalanche.

I forgot to add to the list lobbying local government and sponsoring Eco Groups. Let me give you an example. I used to live near the North Norfolk coast and often went for walks near to a seal colony. Often I would witness dog owners letting their animals off the leash. The dogs would rush up to the seals and the poor animals would retreat into the sea. The seal population at the time (early 1980s) was in steep decline. I worked out that this dog harassment in the important seal breeding season was effecting the number of pups being created. (Try doing it yourself with a dog trying to bite at your ankles!!
) Anyways, I reported this to the Local Council and they imposed a six week ban - for the peak breeding period - to prevent dogs being off the leash, on the beech. Notices went up and fines were imposed on offenders. I made sure that the local Lifeguards took photographic evidence of anyone flouting the bye-law. The result was a dramatic increase in seal pups being conceived and the seal poulation has now made gradual recovery.

What did it take? One letter to the Parish Council and another to the County Council and a phone call to the Lifeguards. Simple.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

do you honestly believe these things can prevent or change the global climate change

The global climate change is a cycle that has been happening on this planet for millions of years.

The planet is safe.

You want to make yourself feel better and "save the planet"? Then by all means, recycle, walk, breed responsibly, and encourage your government to find alternative sources of energy - It can't hurt.

You want to "save the human race"? Then start by saving yourself. Take responsibility for your actions ( The bankers aren't to blame for everything) . Encourage your government to invest resources in sciences which affect the quality of life instead of sciences which produce more efficent killing machines. Parent your children. Demand that your elected leaders account for their actions. Respect other forms of government and religions. Stop believing the lies ( get an education, get a job, get a house get debt, be enslaved till you die and then be grateful for that).

In the end what will be, will be. I don't worry about the length of my life as much as the quality of my life. I refuse to be a slave to my job, the banks, the media, hollywood, ect;

Enjoy your life - stop worrying so much -Love one another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join