It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by mazzroth
Mate in all honesty I fail to see how Man could do to the planet what a 5 Mile Wide Asteroid crashing into the Yucatan Peninsular 50 million years ago wiping out 99% of life can do.
We have dug huge pits, polluted rivers, contaminated the soil and poisoned whole ecosystems but in reality the Earth only needs a glimmer of life somewhere and 20 million years and it will be once again a diverse cornucopia of life
Originally posted by Circle
Things you can do to save the Planet:
1) Car share or where possible use public transport; cycle or walk;
Also improve your driving technique in an eco friendly way by avoiding
late heavy breaking or gear g
2) Recycle your rubbish as much as possible;
3) Plant trees in your backyard;
4) Create a pond to attract birdlife and amphibians;
5) Think twice before getting on a plane to go on holiday, can you take a
break closer to home ?;
6) Invest in energy saving in your home i.e loft insolation;
7) Switch off unwanted lighting.
[edit on 8-4-2009 by Circle]
[Whilst I agree these are all good eviromental ideas, and I fully support green ideas, do you honestly believe these things can prevent or change the global climate change? If so, then how and why?
do you honestly believe these things can prevent or change the global climate change