It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let The South Leave!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
We should have let the South go when they wanted to leave. But no, we had to kill half a million people so they'd stay part of our Nation. Killing half a million people so we can keep racists and bigots and people who think blacks are lower then animals, great idea.

And now what do we get now? We're the Northeast Liberal Elite? How about this for arrogant: the South is the Real America? The Authentic America. Really?

Cause we in the north east founded this country. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? Who do you think those wig-wearing lacy-shirt sporting revolutionaries were? They were from the blue states. Boston? Philadelphia? New York? Do you think there might be a reason all the monuments were built here?

All those Federal taxes you love to hate? It all comes from us and goes to you, so shut up about it and have your electricity and your highways that we paid for. And the next time Florida gets hit by a hurricane you can come crying to us if you want to, but you're the ones who built on a swamp.

Nine of the ten states that get the most federal dollars and pay the least... can you guess? Go on, guess. That’s right they're all red states. And eight of the ten states that receive the least and pay the most? It’s too easy, they’re blue states. It’s not your money, it’s our money. What was that Real American Value you were spouting a minute ago? Self reliance? Try this for self reliance: buy your own stop signs and schools.

Let’s talk about those values for a minute. You and your Southern values can go far far awat because the blue states got the values over you "Real Americans" every day of the week. Which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate you marriage-hyping pantloaders? Well? Can you guess? It’s Massachusetts, the freaking center of the gay marriage universe. Yes, that’s right, the state you love to tie around the neck of anyone to the left of Strom Thurmond has the lowest divorce rate in the nation. Think that’s just some aberration? How about this: 9 of the 10 lowest divorce rates are blue states, and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad. And where are the highest divorce rates? Care to guess? 10 of the top 10 are the red-we're-so-moral states. And while Nevada is the worst, the Bible Belt is doing its part.

But two guys making out is going to ruin marriage for you? Yeah? Seems like you're ruining it pretty well on your own. Oh, but that's ok because you go to church, right? I mean you do, right? Cause we get to hear about it every damn year at election time. Yes, we're fascinated by how you get up every Sunday morning and sing, and then you're towers of moral superiority. Yeah, that's a workable formula. Maybe us Northerners don't talk about religion as much as you because we're not so busy sinning, hmmm? Ever think of that? No, you're too busy erecting giant stone tablets of the Ten Commandments in buildings paid for by the Northeast Liberal Elite. And who has the highest murder rates in the nation? It ain't us up here in the North.

And of course lets not forget who destroyed the Union! Some good ol boys from the south! They ran every thing in this nation for 6 years right in to the ground. Then the next two they did every thing they could to give billionaires even more money! Thankfully it has taken less then 100 days for Obama to fix parts of it. But I'm sure you'll find ways to... Oh that's right you're already screaming about the money Obama is spending on America. You had no problem when your party spent more money on Billionaires Private Jets and illegal wars and defending pedophiles in office and pissing off the rest of the planet. But now that some one dares to spend on America? You flip out. Well don't worry if you're from the "Real" America you aren't actually paying a lot of it. Its those evil blue states you've been leeching off of that do.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
If the S ever HTF, you'll be glad the "insert the mass-generalization of your choice here" in the south are still with you.

That's alot of gun-totin' americans to stand up and fight, thats why I think if there is a "bomb" dropped on our own soil it will be in the south area... but I digress..

I am sorry about what my great great great relatives did... but I did not have a damn thing to do with it.

You have to blame the people in control, not the general populace. yes you can say "but you voted them in..", it's all rigged anyway right?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm from the Northeast, and listening to the way you disguise your liberal political views as some kind of regional affiliation really bothers me. And you go on to blame Bush for driving the country into the ground and paint Obama once again as a messiah character that somehow, some way, through some magic, fixed almost everything already.

Your idiotic dogmatism makes it sound like you'd better fit into the fictitious land of ignorance and stupidity you've painted the Southern U.S.A. as than any Southerners.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Johnmike]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
May I suggest studying a little history and then coming back?

Thomas Jefferson, John Rutledge, and James Madison favored slavery.

And actually, the civil war was about the southern states each wanting to be their own independent governments to be able to set their own individual laws and not have washington tell them what they can or can't do.

I descend from both sides if the war. I am happy that there is no longer legal slavery in the U.S.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What a generalization. I have lived in Texas and New York. And I found that in the N.E. everyone is nice until you need something.

How about this: 9 of the 10 lowest divorce rates are blue states, and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad.

Because it takes both of you to pay the mortgage and you know you can't make it alone.

Cause we in the north east founded this country.

And the rest left because they could not take the stinch of the garbage piled up to the roof anymore.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I hate to interrupt your crass generalizations and your rather petulant bashing of the South, but Virginians started this country, and Virginia is most certainly NOT a part of the North. Virginians such as Jefferson and Washington, while facing the obvious contradictions of what we said we believed and the reality of what was, began to challenge the national consciousness and worked to frame the national debate with the new and totally radical concepts that “All men are created equal…” Words composed by a Virginian.

Indeed, the leaders from all states have made mistakes, but at this critical juncture of our national destiny we must come together to save our Republic, before our new capital is at the United Nations. Remember sir, we are all Americans; let us work to retain our national unity and put away our petty differences. Long Live This Republic!

[edit on 4/8/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Neither the North nor the South conform to the true spirit of original America.

In totality, all your states are a shambles and disgrace to the constitution.

Only New Hampshire, Vermont and possibly Alaska retain the character of America untarnished.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I am sure the anti-christ/ devil/ destructive influence on the planet will be rubbing his/her hands in glee.

Getting people to hate their own compatriots is quite an achievement, and will be a real help towards the destruction of the world as we know it.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I don't want to reply, but...

on second thought, no I don't want to reply.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JMasters

Where did this spit ball masters get his education..LOL...Why don't you northern wallstreet/bankers go back to across the pond. The south was all about stopping what you have today..Gov. control. Anytime you want to get rid of the south, just have you Obama sign the paper..and we will give you all of the slaves in a second..you can support them..

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JMasters

And now what do we get now? We're the Northeast Liberal Elite? How about this for arrogant: the South is the Real America? The Authentic America. Really?

Cause we in the north east founded this country. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? Who do you think those wig-wearing lacy-shirt sporting revolutionaries were? They were from the blue states. Boston? Philadelphia? New York? Do you think there might be a reason all the monuments were built here?

I am originally from the Great Commonwealth of Virginia, so if you wish to speak of Founding Fathers, you need to come to the table with a little more than that. Virginia is the home of more Presidents and Constitutional Delegates, Revolutionary War Heroes, and Framers than you obviously pay respect towards. Virginia is the South, and without Virginia, there would have NEVER been United States in the first place.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
not from USa but had to comment

when i said that military binds people together i was right

OP should be in military for a time to see that brave and honest people from all states would cover his back

judging people from what part of a country they are - hmh... i would say that you are more smallminded than anybody you dont like

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Please tell me that this is just a bunch of hooooooooooey that you posted in an effort to get people all uptight so they'd post and so you could whore points.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

seems people are replying.... but he has negative points

personally I think he's a fool from the way he types his post.... REALLY? Grow up and open your mind OP.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
OP it seems very strange to me that the South is a most desired area for Yankees to visit and to retire in. Canadians flock here also.

I guess you are just realizing that we allowed you to think you won the civil war. Well, we planned it that way.

Ever since the last shot was fired you Yankees have packed up your money and come to the sunny south to spend it on trinkets like sea shells, alligator teeth, driftwood, and so many other things we just throw in the trash.

The south stops at the Ga/Fla line. Yankees have filled every nook and cranny they can find in Florida. We real southerners don't visit Fla. unless it's for business. It's no fun watching the fat, old, dried up Yankees with their screechie loud mouths.

Oh yes, ever since we let you think you won the war your northern friends have made a beeline our way to spend their money. We do love your Yankee money.

Keep that money coming. Getting you to part with your money is as easy as can be.

I wonder how many alligator teeth we have sold to yankees at $5.00 for one tooth. Or how many sea shells we sell at $3.00 and up.

We also have sold millions of small cans of Florida sunshine and millions of can of Georgia Whip Ass too at $5.00 a piece.

Y'all keep on bringing your money south....we'll gladly take it.

We love and welcome all you northeners. Bring money.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The secession of the southern states was an exercise of the constitutional rights that all states are granted by the 9th and 10th amendments of the US constitution

The secession was based on what was perceived by the southern business leaders as unfair taxation of the southern ports(New Orleans was the busiest port in the world at the time of the Civil War)

The US federal government led by Eastern establishment and European central bankers exercised a forceful invasion to claim back these valuable ports

Slavery was abolished because of modern technology(cotton gin), the dawning industrial age created machines that could work for less money then housing and feeding slave labor

Once the southern ports were successfully blockaded the south had to surrender, but not before Lincoln and Sherman engaged in a shock and awe campaign to destroy the infrastructure of the south.

The south had no choice but to borrow money from the international bankers to rebuild with limited revenue from their ports due to heavy tariffs imposed by the federal government

The southern states were among the first political entities to experience US imperial nation building (colonization)

Lincoln and Obama were elected to represent the interests of the banking elite.

Lincoln ultimately figured it out and rebelled against the banking elite by rejecting a central bank. He was assassinated before he could further implement his plan

Obama's first 90 days suggest that he is still operating within the global banking agenda, but there is always ...hope(?)

P.s. I was born along the Mason-Dixon line in New Jersey(seriously it runs through New Jersey)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
go !! go!!

free the states from the imperialist american federal empire , viva la revolution , down with evil american empire ,

freedom to the sovereign states that want to be free from iron fist grip of the american empire

viva la Lakota !!
viva la Aztlan !!

free native americans from the evil empire USA

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
OK people. Let's just break this down one by one.

Let’s talk about those values for a minute. You and your Southern values can go far far awat because the blue states got the values over you "Real Americans" every day of the week. Which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate you marriage-hyping pantloaders? Well? Can you guess? It’s Massachusetts, the freaking center of the gay marriage universe. Yes, that’s right, the state you love to tie around the neck of anyone to the left of Strom Thurmond has the lowest divorce rate in the nation. Think that’s just some aberration? How about this: 9 of the 10 lowest divorce rates are blue states, and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad. And where are the highest divorce rates? Care to guess? 10 of the top 10 are the red-we're-so-moral states. And while Nevada is the worst, the Bible Belt is doing its part.

Divorce Rate (most recent) by state

District of Columbia is lowest, Georgia is second, and Massachusetts is third.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Should we allow them to bring back slavery while we're at it?

After all, it was allowed in the original Constitution.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
May I suggest studying a little history and then coming back?

Thomas Jefferson, John Rutledge, and James Madison favored slavery.

And actually, the civil war was about the southern states each wanting to be their own independent governments to be able to set their own individual laws and not have washington tell them what they can or can't do.

I descend from both sides if the war. I am happy that there is no longer legal slavery in the U.S.

There is also strong evidence that Jefferson not only considered his "slaves" as family (having them counted on census as "Jefferson"), he also... ahem, shall we say had "slaves" in his extended family tree.

Many of our founding fathers employed slaves in their endeavors, as well as freed them in their wills. Slavery was a LOT different in colonial days than the mental picture most US public school texts paint. I'm just pointing out that many patriots indeed did not want slavery to continue, instead compromising, "tabling" the issue for another 70 or so years...

As far as the war of northern aggression... I agree for the most part that states' rights was the primary concern for the confederacy. They were clearly violated by the Federal government.

I also point out that the violation of these states right well may have been one of the first serious violations of the constitution by our "beloved" Federal government. States were originally intended to be the final governance in the union, the federal government served as a uniting body!... but I digress.

Slavery was abolished, but racism and predjudice live on today, granted. Did the war of northern aggression succeed? Depend on your definition of success.

I posit the OP was somehow exposed to a polarized stereotypical person or two in their life, and has seen fit to make sweeping generalizations.

Get a grip. It's ok to be opinionated, but please use tact and decorum. Refrain from insulting or belittling speech, and above all be clear in intent.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join