It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Michael Moore outsourcing?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Error.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Snaps are fun, but don't start them if you're going to get all wussy about it.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hey, BoutTime and Agent, thanks for the edits.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Cascadego]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Error.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Boy, all this talk of Michael Moore.

I'm sorry, but Michael Moore does what he does, and he does it well. He puts his view point out there. Some of his points are good, and some suck much like Bill O�Reilley or Alex Jones.

No one in the history of the world can withstand word by word scrutiny. No one.

I find it funny that someone would write off Moore without a thought, but take some website as gospel. It must be 100% correct.

Two examples of getting torn daily are Bush and Kerry. No matter what these guys do, they will be shredded in the great grinder that is America and taken to it's smallest parts.

Hell, Bush can't even choke on a #in pretzel without it being speculated about.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
his points are good, and some suck much like Bill O�Reilley or Alex Jones.

Exactly while i was reading this i was thinking of how Bill O'Rielley spews out lies fairly often, and when they're heard their taken to be fact by the people who can stand watching him and then when they are debunked there isn't a murmer. Oh well thats just one of the many double standard's the world has.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Boy, all this talk of Michael Moore.

I'm sorry, but Michael Moore does what he does, and he does it well. He puts his view point out there. Some of his points are good, and some suck much like Bill O�Reilley or Alex Jones.

No one in the history of the world can withstand word by word scrutiny. No one.

I find it funny that someone would write off Moore without a thought, but take some website as gospel. It must be 100% correct.

Two examples of getting torn daily are Bush and Kerry. No matter what these guys do, they will be shredded in the great grinder that is America and taken to it's smallest parts.

Hell, Bush can't even choke on a #in pretzel without it being speculated about.

in my defence i'd say that yes i have read his books and yes i have watched bfc and roger and me ,several times .
the website [if you haven't seen it ] includes links to the points it makes .if you doubt the sources it quotes i'd be very interested to hear which ones .

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dahei
in my defence i'd say that yes i have read his books and yes i have watched bfc and roger and me ,several times .
the website [if you haven't seen it ] includes links to the points it makes .if you doubt the sources it quotes i'd be very interested to hear which ones .

No, I don't doubt the sources, not that I have seen them, but I am sure they are just fine.

But this is not the point. What I am saying that anyone with enough time to kill could dissect anything anyone wrote/created/put together and "debunk" it.

Proof and truth are tricky in that they are not always just about what you provide, but also what is left out.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i'm sorry but i don't think i'm getting your point here .
you haven't seen the site , and don't doubt the authenticity of it's evidence ?
i have listed the link , if you refuse to view it ,with the greatest respect i don't see how you can comment on it .
or maybe i should rephrase that .... i don't see how i can have a discussion with someone who hasn't seen the subject of our discussion ... it does leave you at quite an unfair disadvantage ! ...
please view the site , i'd be interested to see your comments after you have visited the site .maybe you could add something to my understanding !!
regards

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Originally posted by drunk
My Father read that "Bowling for Columbine" said it wasn't all that great, meaning Micheal Moore aint that what he is thought to be.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by drunk]

Bowling for Columbine is a Movie

Isnt it a book as well??

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dahei
i'm sorry but i don't think i'm getting your point here .
you haven't seen the site , and don't doubt the authenticity of it's evidence ?
i have listed the link , if you refuse to view it ,with the greatest respect i don't see how you can comment on it .
or maybe i should rephrase that .... i don't see how i can have a discussion with someone who hasn't seen the subject of our discussion ... it does leave you at quite an unfair disadvantage ! ...
please view the site , i'd be interested to see your comments after you have visited the site .maybe you could add something to my understanding !!
regards

To be honest with you, I don't have the time to look at the site now.

I did look over it for about 15 mins, but I have seen other sites that are just as reputable as this and can draw the same conclusion from it as well.

Think about this though. Before any movie goes out, lawyers pour through them to check for errors, etc. Their lawyers found nothing untruthful in the movie and thusly was released. It is a protection for the movie companies.

So, my point is, is that truth is subjective and everything has spin. The movies and books are obviously his view of reality as we all have.

He has some valid points and asks valid questions though. I personally do not think he is against guns, but rather is interested in finding out why it is that our society has the flaws it has, which is speculative in nature already and too encompasing to really put any "truth" to.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Anyone who get rich by preaching communism does not rank high in my books. Take a look at the into for TV Nation. The "People's Democratic Republic of Television", a red star swipe over the statue of liberty, over the queens face. Moore strolls out to meet the audience, his hands upraised and announces himself as Chairman Moore. Anyone who proudly compares himself to somone who slaughtered 30 million of his own people, with a sick little smile on his face while he's doing it, is a deeply disturbed individual.

Also his anti-white stance. First of all, he's a Jew, so wouldn't most of the things he says be considered racism? His chapter 'Kill Whitey' in 'stupid white men', claims that whitey is responsible for slavery. Well, if you knew ANY history, you'd know that the Victorians and French went to great lengths to crush slavery. That the Arabs had been slaving Blacks for centuries, and that, before that Blacks were slaving themselves from the dawn of history. What would happen if I were to write a book called 'Stupid Jewish men?', good god, I'd be thrown in jail!

I hate his carefully crafted slovenly image, most of his criticims are poignant, but his solutions are always more laws. More power to the state. That's the last thing we need in a society already so regulated it's strangling the life out of us. Right now I'm in Asia, and do you know what poor people do? They sell things on the street! Pick plants and sell them. But a big bag of peanuts split them into small bags and sell them. There IS no welfare, and people do just fine. Can you sell peanuts on the steet in out countries? No way man! You'd be thrown in jail. Capitalism my ass.

Do you seriously believe that taking guns out of the hands of citizens will stop gun crime? Will the criminals turn in their guns too? ARRRGH! All right, sorry, but Moore always gets me ranting!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ninjorp, you do know that a good portion of his stuff is satirical with the tongue placed firmly cheek...right?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
TV Nation episode where he announces himself as Chiarman Moore and hastily corrects himself as he's realized that he's gone too far. A real slip, and he looks rather sheepish about it.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I liked Bowling for Columbine a lot, It made me think a lot about my feelings toward weapon laws. Sometimes he does go a bit overboard though, I don't think he should have included cafeteria tapes of the kids actually shooting up the school, It's shock and awe over the edge.
He also has another something on all the auto workers being fired in Flint that I think he did a good job on, Being from the Detroit area I know a lot of people who work in auto factories and most of them started off in Flint during that time, I think he did a good job on that.
He definatly goes way over the edge sometimes though.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitch314
I liked Bowling for Columbine a lot, It made me think a lot about my feelings toward weapon laws. Sometimes he does go a bit overboard though, I don't think he should have included cafeteria tapes of the kids actually shooting up the school, It's shock and awe over the edge.
He also has another something on all the auto workers being fired in Flint that I think he did a good job on, Being from the Detroit area I know a lot of people who work in auto factories and most of them started off in Flint during that time, I think he did a good job on that.
He definatly goes way over the edge sometimes though.

First, the "auto workers being fired" is his fauxcumentory, "Roger and Me." Ridiculous.

Michael Moore has a political axe to grind, and he suffers from the Ann Coulter syndrome. I think, somewhere, among all this muddled spew, he might actually have a point to make. It might even be a good point. But his books (and movies) are riddled with inaccurcies.

No one, of course, can put up with word-for-word scrutiny; this is not the case, though. It is a case of someone twisting and contorting facts in an attempt to make his own agenda viable and easy to swallow.

I recently got into a debate with someone over the veracity (or lack) of "Bowling for Columbine." The other involved stringently stood her ground, saying that Moore made good points and had facts that supported them. I gently reminded her many of these facts are totally contrived or erroneous. Her response?
"I believe it anyway."
Okay, so..If I make up some facts and tell you about how the earth is flat, you'll believe that too?

www.redeemernews.org...

An excellent portrayal of the misinformation and intentional deception of this "film." Moore could have easily put together a convincing, logical, lucid argument without twisting or making-up facts; he merely chose not to. That's his prerogative. I just think it's ridiculous that so many people swallowed it down; I trust this is due to the instant-gratification, opinion-on-demand society of America today.

...Now I'm all riled up.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Michael Moore, just like every other person in the world has an angle he/she wants to get out.

I learned long ago to look at just about everything with a skeptics eye. I don't watch the news and believe it 100%, I don't listen to my friends talking about an incident, or telling a story and take it as 100% truth. Everyone has an angle.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anathema
Michael Moore, just like every other person in the world has an angle he/she wants to get out.

I learned long ago to look at just about everything with a skeptics eye. I don't watch the news and believe it 100%, I don't listen to my friends talking about an incident, or telling a story and take it as 100% truth. Everyone has an angle.

Exactly, but I prefer to call the "angle" a point of view. Obviously he wanted to show people what he thought, which is fine.

I honestly don't think the movie was about gun control at all, but rather to raise questions about why we have problems with guns and society.

They are complex problems without simple answers.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
There are things Michael Moore and I disagree on, but I think, overall, he has something good to say. First of all, he's not a Communist. His Chairman Moore intro was most definitely satirical. Secondly, Michael Moore is NOT Jewish, he's from an Irish Catholic family.

One last point: "Bowling For Columbine", for those who couldn't actually follow it, didn't say gun control was the answer. He cited Canada as an example of a country where guns are freely available, and where there is a tiny fraction of the gun crime of the US. What Moore tries to illustrate is that it is the very American culture of fear that creates this epidemic of killing.

I am just stating the facts here, I don't want to get really involved in this pointless argument.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

...and where there is a tiny fraction of the gun crime of the US.

Lets see, and the population difference between the two countires would be what...hmm?

seekerof

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join