It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Michael Moore outsourcing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Advocate Michael Moore may have released a book titled DUDE, WHERE'S MY COUNTRY?, and may have vaulted to stardom documenting worker's rights and corporate malfeasance in Flint, Michigan, but that has not stopped Moore from outsourcing his website design and servers -- to companies based in Canada!

www.drudgereport.com...

I don't know if this qualifies or not. Mainly, because he has a nice relationship with the company he is "outsourcing" to. Isn't it outsourcing only if there is a job closing in America and is shipped off to another country. If he had never had a website before this one, which is possible, and had one designed by these companies, would that be outsourcing?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My Father read that "Bowling for Columbine" said it wasn't all that great, meaning Micheal Moore aint that what he is thought to be.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by drunk]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
MM is an idiot and now a hyporcrite

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Regretfully, I must disagree.

Michael Moore is an excellent writer, an inspired film-maker, a first-class wit and an inspiration to anyone who thinks politics is too important to leave to politicians.

And why shouldn't he outsource his webpage to Canada? It's not his damn job to save the American Economy - didn't you guys *almost* elect Bush to do that?

Uncomfortable truths for the GOP and the Thief-In-Chief? They make me do the happy dance.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
My Father read that "Bowling for Columbine" said it wasn't all that great, meaning Micheal Moore aint that what he is thought to be.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by drunk]

Bowling for Columbine is a Movie

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
.....I think I'm going to like you!

I do think Moore has his peaks & valleys relative to the product he puts out, just like anyone else.
He did get a little off track within the " Bowling" flick.
His stumping for Nadar last election was also a low point.
But overall, he's someone who has been shocked into activism over the raping of America by the Bush Junta, so his skills at ideological warfare are being tuned as he goes.....and he's getting better at it.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks Bout, I'm having a ball being here!

True, Bowling could have been improved by some tighter cutting, and I'd forgotten about Nader... but c'mon! Crackers the Chicken from TV Nation!

The man is clearly a genius.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
there is a web site about moore run by an attorney from arizona , i forget it's name , on which he not only demolishes moore's journalism point by point but also makes a plausible arguement that the man is mentally ill.
most of what moore claims as fact is open to question ,he seems to misquote alot from reputable sources not to mention his dubious editing

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dahei
but also makes a plausible arguement that the man is mentally ill.

so was Hemingway. your point?

also, Michael Moore is a filmmaker that isn't afraid to piss people off. American cinema needs more people like that. I'd rather have controversial movies that make people uncomfortable than the milquetoast garbage that usually shows up at mainstream mutiplexes.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands

Originally posted by Bout Time

Why dont the two of you go run off to Vermont or San Fransisco and make love like animals. You degenerates ride each other like subway trains.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
www.mooreexposed.com...

hope this works ,

my problem is with his documentary style ,that when examined is deliberatly misleading to the viewer .

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by dahei]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i just love how when people ask him to support his evidence he can't... and his movies/books are all crap, in my opinion.

so, where's colonel?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Dahei, you just beat me to that link. the man made one good film (Roger & Me) and has spent the last twenty years tring tio come up with something better. I guess he felt it was okay to lie to be on top again.

p.s. Agent47, it takes one to know one pal

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Seth Bullock]

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I quote from mooreexposed.com:

"Should a 320lb man advise us on the evils of overconsumption?

Should the resident of a million-dollar apartment claim to be a poster-boy for the working classes?

Should a person who thought Enron was a great investment, Nader would win, and North Korea's Kim Jong was changing for the better, advise us on ANYTHING?"

Let's take those in order, shall we:

1) Surely a 320lb man is *best* qualified to advise on overconsumption? Come on, to be 320lbs you needs to be a world *expert* on overconsumption!

2) You're right, really. We shouldn't listen to anyone who rises up from a working class background and earns an apartment in Manhatten by hard work and talent. Damn these American Dream social climbers!

3) A man who makes mistakes? He should be stoned immediately, that he not sully our gene pool any further.

Michael Moore has never made any secret of the paradoxes in his own background and nature. Why the hell should he? It doesn't invalidate his opinion - if anything, it makes his all the more qualified.

In the interests of preserving a friendly tone on this thread, and not degenerating into character attacks (but c'mon, a 52yo Arizona *Lawyer* - who happens to be a member of the NRA - doesn't like liberals like Moore?
), I won't get into rebuttals and denials.

Oh, and Agent 47? I hear that decaf is just as good as the real stuff...

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by StrangeLands]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
MM is an idiot and now a hyporcrite

i knew something would come back and bite him in his fat ass

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i really liked hardy's style of arguement , he didn't seem to have any axe to grind and demolished moore 's journalism .
if i ever end up in a motel room with a dead hooker i'd hire him to defend me

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dahei
my problem is with his documentary style ,that when examined is deliberatly misleading to the viewer .

when watching a documentary, people seem to assume that whatever said is objectively true. of course, it isn't. when watching a movie, any movie, you're seeing that world through the eyes of the creator(s) of the movie. when watching Bowling for Columbine, you're seeing the world through Michael Moore's eyes. there is no such thing as an unbiased film; it's against the nature of the medium. however, since Moore's films are overtly political, those biases are brought to the forefront.

do I think Moore's films are 100% true? I'll bet Moore thinks they are, and that's why they're interesting. personally, I think he spins the facts with the best of them. it's only when justifying the spin does he get sloppy. like I said, truth is subjective, and defining what's 'true' is not the burden of the filmmaker. he/she makes you think, and it's up to you to sort through the rest.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
MM was here at Berkeley speaking in the Greek Theatre not too long ago now (last semester style). I remember he was thumping for Howard Dean. To be honest, i was suprised when, during the primaries, he didnt support Dean at all.

As far as MM actual: i disagree with all of his lame-assed political views... who cares what a fat # who thinks americans are all stupid has to say about Bush or Gore? Some of his social views, on the other hand, are more palatable.. not to say he has good ideas, just that he has a capacity to elucidate the ridicularity of the situation. He totally US-bashes, which is unfortunate. It seems to defeat most of his message.

Seriously though, anyone who cant start his #ing speech/show within 1.5hrs of the time scheduled needs to set the big-macs down, also his sounds guys suck. Have you ever watched a fat man shout for hours and only heard whispers?

Go Dean! No wait... go Kerry! No wait... Go McDonalds!

# it, whatever... the sensationalism is wearing thin.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Cascadego]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Originally posted by StrangeLands

Originally posted by Bout Time

Why dont the two of you go run off to Vermont or San Fransisco and make love like animals. You degenerates ride each other like subway trains.

Dude, you got SL confused with your mother. I've got a thing for women with mustaches, and your momma's got a nice one!

Please tell her I'm sorry about her panty hose, but she's partialy to blame for dropping to her knees on the sidewalk like that. Also tell her that I'll send her the $1.25 for the last five servicings....I didn't have anything smaller than a $50 bill on me.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i do agree to an extent .
moore is definatly not going to "let the facts get in the way of a good story".
obviously he knows his audience , bfc was hugely popular .but it is very bad journalism .
there are several very intelligent people with whom i have discussed this film who didn't seem to me to want to cast a more critical eye over it .
i find that slightly disturbing .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join