It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah School Locked Up Students

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Oprah Locked Oprah School Locked Up Students

www.nypost.com

FOUR students claim they were kept in solitary confinement for two weeks before being expelled from the Oprah Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa, amid allegations of sexual misconduct. The girls, who were among seven pupils accused of forcing fellow students into sexual relationships and engaging in bullying and harassment, told a South African newspaper of how they were treated before being sent home.

Speaking to The Star of Capetown, the girls claim guards were stationed outside their rooms and they were barred from attending class or communicating to other students during the initial investigation. They slept in separate rooms.

The students were banned from the cafeteria and, instead, meals were brought to their rooms by school staff. But the girls claim they were too distraught to eat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.roguegovernment.com

[edit on 8-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Anyone, who holds a position and strong connections with an occult government, like Oprah does, is bound to be involved in abusive institutions & mysterious religious-groups, as Oprah has been for years.

May more people like her & her cronies be held responsible for their crimes.

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by News And History

With the deepest respect to yourself although i do not know you in person, but any mention of that organization is seriously underestimating my contribution to society.

By no means do i intend on being arrogant or hostile, but the mere mention of her and her company brings about what you would call the Bill Clinton era.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
When you accept it, i mean, what's in it for me ?

Be careful, you never know who may be viewing this

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Whatever is true in this story, none of it would surprise a local South African.

I think you're taking things a bit far, trying to put the blame on Oprah for this. I mean, she's provided a standard of education to people who otherwise would never get it. You can't blame her for the actions of the teachers or the students. This type of thing is just what happens in SA.

Obviously she would never support this type of action. She's a snake handler. It doesn't matter how good you are, you're probably going to get bitten at some point.

The thing about employing 'local' teachers, is that they still suffer from the 'old mentalities'. I'm sorry to say that black South African employees, at the moment, are not up to standards. The younger generation however should provide a much better quality of service once they join the general work force. They've just had greater opportunity for a better education and understanding of the world. I meet more and more upcoming black South Africans who I can see will be of great service to the country, provided they stay and not leave for 'greener' pastures.

I really don't see how you're trying to put the blame on Oprah? Would you rather she close the schools? I can assure you, a lot worse things happen in 'rural' SA.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
On a lighter note.

The moment any entertainer manipulates the audience into a decision which obviously (he/she/company) was reimbursed to influence the audience, it automatically puts her into the realm of judgment without any boundaries.

Politics is Politics and Entertainment is Entertainment, when you have rationally injected yourself to support a political idea through and what ever means you or who ever has at his or her disposal, then you are accountable for its positive and negative outcome.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of Oprah, but it is ridiculous that just because she funds this school and has her name on the letterhead, that this has to make front page news.

What adds to the difficulties, is this isn't a regular school, but a BOARDING SCHOOL.
When you have students living at school, there are additional problems that arise that are normal school don't have to deal with, as the kids go home at the end of the day.

As for being locked up, they could well have isolated the girls while their parents came to pick them up.
If parents live a long way away and are poor, it could take them a bit of time to get to the school to pick up the children.

In the meantime, the girls may have been detained so they wouldn't run away.

Although it doesn't say that in the article, it makes sense to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I don't know why it took them so long to decide to send the girls home, but i'm guessing they were not locked up as punishment, but rather as a way to keep the other students safe.

I mean they were accused of bullying, harassing, and forcing other students into sexual relationships, they couldn't just let them walk around freely and endanger the other students any further. There was probably also concern over retaliation and intimidation against the students that came foward.

new topics

top topics

join