It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Everyone On ATS Fine? I Notice High Decrease In Activity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
Too many kids and plain bigots spamming these boards, swinging by every day for intelligent discussion is becoming less and less reliable.

Bingo!

The tell-tale evidence is in "myATS" when viewing all our "favorites". Some of the forums have literally ground to a halt with the same threads static for days and weeks and the questions people ask in their thread titles is just plain rediculous!

I presume the wonderful statistics Skeptic Overlord has so kindly quoted (as usual) point toward a growing trend of quantity over quality.

10 decent threads with 100 sensible and constructive replies doesn't make as much money as 100 pointless threads with 1000 stupid and ignorant replies.....ching-ching!

One-liners are RIFE and certainly NOT moderated properly imo. Helps boost those statistics if people can do a quick, witty post and get away with it and not adding anything constructive to a discussion.

There have been changes recently that have caused issues I know.....maybe we're seeing the results of the fallout, there's certainly a lack of some of the seasoned members who used to create sensible threads and make decent posts....can't blame them for dissappearing...I nearly did too! (and just log-in now when I'm bored and to have a laugh
)

Who said evolution was a good thing eh?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I feel like BTS has been very slow lately, anyone else notice this?

Except for the DATS thread haha.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Awesome post! My kind of humor.

I've been doing my bit.
I've tried to average a minimum of 10 posts a day on threads that interest me.
I'm also trying to do the ATS twitter thing.
I'm in and out of here a lot but I have noticed the static threads.
Maybe a slow news week at ATS??

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
Too many kids and plain bigots spamming these boards, swinging by every day for intelligent discussion is becoming less and less reliable.

Yes, probably you think I'm one of the bigots because I hate the NWO and the pompous pride of people who think they are god-men and better than everybody else.

The real bigots are the Zionists, the ones who think their genes are special, that they are special. The real bigots, the ones who think they have some special inheritance going back thousands of years that puts them into a superman category, who look down on the rest of the goy and want us all dead.

The ones who believe in a great leap forward in evolution, where these special people will, through the help of technology, genetic manipulation, and by eliminating the so-called "lower vibrational sluggish goy" that they can make their leap into godhood, the ones who are crying about global warming and people having families. (the ones who think they will become X-men and want to hang around with demons and genetic hybrids created by the Nazi Black Ops military in the DUMBs).

These are the real bigots with murder in their hearts, the ones chomping on the bit to get WWIII going and get on with their hellish utopia described by John Lennon in his song "Imagine."

Imagine no countries, no possessions, no religion, everybody "living for today."

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
[edit on 8-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Actually I thought I'd chirp in with an observation from two days ago.

For a couple of hours I also saw what appeared to be a lack of activity in new posts as I'm always hitting 'recent posts' in amongst doing other jobs.

"NO RECENT POSTS IN 2-3 HRS??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???HAS THE WORLD ENDED WITHOUT SOMEONE ON ATS REPORTING IT????"

...Was my reaction,so I signed in to find PLENTY of posts had been made since the ones showing for far too long without activity..

For some unexplained reason,hitting recent posts was not refreshing the page.
Odd..

It's happily running fine again,but now I'm paranoid about missing some news while I'm logged out..

Must keep up to date..must keep up to date..must....

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm gong to throw in Easter break as a possible reason? School is about to go on Easter break in my part of the world?

Surely every topic hasn't already been discussed! Surely there are angles on subjects yet to be explored???

Maybe it's a slow news day? Maybe I should try linking three or four different news articles to make a new conspiracy...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

That was a great post!

You said exactly what I wanted to say (but I have lacked the calmness to so eloquently phrase it.) Your whole post nailed it, but rules frown upon quoting it's entirety.

I presume the wonderful statistics Skeptic Overlord has so kindly quoted (as usual) point toward a growing trend of quantity over quality.

Naw, Thats just the traffic.(quantity) But I completely understood your meaning.

It seems fairly consistent (for those who keep track for potential advertising)
Of course, quantity can quickly overtake quality at a point in a websites evolution.(for example:youtube or myspace) at which point the quality is of far less concern then generating operating revenues.

10 decent threads with 100 sensible and constructive replies doesn't make as much money as 100 pointless threads with 1000 stupid and ignorant replies.....ching-ching!

Thats it. And an arbitrary threshold of a members viability for the position of press Corp. member, Is the post count.(500) That's just an example that has been recently applied.

Seems to me that it is somewhat more arbitrary than the old measure as stated From Simon, in this important thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Every member accumulates ATS Points as you post in our forums. The intent of the points system on our forums is to provide a more meaningful measure of your contribution to the community than simple post-count. The simple idea being, that active members who do well to participate in collaborative discussions that contribute to the goals of building our communities, will accumulate impressive point totals.

I think a far more accurate measure would be the ratio of post count to applause.
That ratio portrays a better representation of posting quality.

You have been here twice as long as I. I find your perspective and opinion of great value to me. Thanks. I have often wondered why so many longtime members barely post anymore.

I Have also noticed the seemingly large number of students here, Spring break time is upon them...less dormroom posting time?

Peace

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
LOL well theres really not anything happening in the world today that can be attributed to being a conspiracy. Maybe most of ATS is out doing something fun for a change?

Maybe you've been living under a rock recently? Everything that was predicted, that people have screamed and shouted about, is unfolding right in front of our eyes.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm waiting, and reading.

But mostly waiting

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I said the decrease might be due to the MIAC report and the pittsburgh
shooter being a conspiracy person.

Some ppl might think that it is a short step from MIAC, to shooter, to them.

So ATS might see a reduction in ppl for awhile, and with the way things
are going I can't say I blame them.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'll be honest, I've lurked here and at several other conspiracy / ufo / paranormal message boards - they're all experiencing the same thing.

I don't know if it's a symptom of just being too "in the know" - too up on every conspiracy theory or what, but this is the case everywhere.

Every subject, it seems, has been dissected nine ways to Sunday. A great example of this is that I've seen many, many members (new or not) posting subjects / evidence here and the very next post is someone saying "It's old. Been covered already."

Honestly, if we wanted people to be informed, consider it done. Everyone and anyone, whistleblowers, scientists, alternative news sources, "insiders," contactees / abductees - everyone who has come out in the last several decades right up to yesterday is already old news.

We are over-informed. At this point, no one can come on and say anything that will as much as raise an eyebrow.

These subjects are now in every day conversation - they're on Glenn Beck for crying out loud. And Larry King.

Also, there was a burst of activity, conspiracy theory / ufo related, that occurred between 2006 and the end of 2008. Ufocasebook.com went from posting several ufo sightings / cases a month to one a day in 2005 (I believe). So there was a noted increase at that time.

But lately, especially after the hype and fervor caused by the failed October 14, 2008 mothership event (that was such a hot topic that David Wilcock was forced to address it in at least one article) things really have seemed to slow down; conspiracy / ufo - wise, to reach almost a screeching halt.

I'm not saying there was necessarily a relationship between the slow down and October 14, but the time frame coincides.

Mike Singh seems to have cooled down on the great threads he was posting about Mars and the Moon (maybe I just hadn't noticed anyway), which was one member who was throwing good, controversial stuff up.

Anyway, all of the good topics have been covered, so what now? haha

Interesting that someone else noticed this though...Even the mainstream media seems to be having a slow day.

Nancy Grace is doing her part, affecting indignance and sour-faced incredulity at kidnapping / murder suspects (all the while flashing sensational and racy photos of Casey Anthony); and Larry King has run the ufo topic into the ground.

Serial homicides picked up a little, giving the news a little more fodder, but ultimately it looks like everyone's just enjoying a respite from the extreme.

I guess we're waiting...Dissecting the day's minutiae until something else happens or is uncovered...

I'll tell you what though, it's going to take something big to turn most of the seasoned heads here at ATS (and elsewhere).

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I've had my hands full knitting a tinfoil biohazrd suit.

That, and been swamped with housework and a few changes in routine.

Still browsing the boards - just haven't really landed on anything I feel like contributing to indepth.

In other words, still alive and kicking on this end.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I feel like BTS has been very slow lately, anyone else notice this?

Except for the DATS thread haha.

Exactly. time to get sober and start posting some new threads...

For myself..I find lately that I just feel more like reading than posting. Or I just don't feel what I have to say on a topic is important enough or would contribute to the thread enough to post..for ATS anyways.
If I make a post on ATS..I want it to be a quality post..or I just don't do it.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I was thinking a similar thing only the other day. However, I was specifically thinking that a lot of specifically American posting had dropped off. I'd attributed this to a long run up to the American election with a multitude of conspiracies and political thinking branching off this which all obviously segued into the masses of 'bailout' posting.

Not all Americans are solely interested in what could be described as American topics by any means, but I think for a lot of American (ex?) posters what happens on their doorstep perhaps - understandably - has more immediacy and relevance than a lot of the other topics. Also, as hinted at by a moderator or two, there was a perhaps suspicious amount of 'one trick pony' posting, where waves of (new) contributors would appear for certain issues and then drop off.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
*Yawn* ok, I'm here, where are the doughnuts and coffee???

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Been busy with disabled kids and economic downfalls. However I'll agree tha tthe bigots are out in full force recently and that they seem to have taken over the better discussions.

unfortunately, this is the way of the world, and I'm seeing it on a few places I frequent online.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
*Yawn* ok, I'm here, where are the doughnuts and coffee???

If that were in endless supply here every morning..I'd never leave!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Why would you presume that?

We (staff) have no control over the content... you (members) do. Everyone complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join