It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Everyone On ATS Fine? I Notice High Decrease In Activity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

Just noticing for a while now a big decrease in ATS activity.
I'm probably just being paranoid, but where is everyone?

I hope this isn't like bloggers being improsoned or anything.

What have you noticed, is it because of the recession?
People canceled internet?

What's going on?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We're averaging over 5,500 posts in the past 24 hours (which is normal) and our overall traffic has been very high this week... more than 105,000 visits yesterday (any day over 100,000 is higher than normal).

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
LOL well theres really not anything happening in the world today that can be attributed to being a conspiracy. Maybe most of ATS is out doing something fun for a change?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've been too busy trying to avoid drowning in the "economic tsunami" . Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs dictates that I get that stuff straightened out before sitting in front of a computer to (among other things) tell 2012'ers to chill out.

But I'm fine - no prison train for me.

Anybody else - Bueller.....Bueller....

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Do you know....I was wondering the same thing....
Just didn't seem busy today....

Probably not enough "hot button" threads for everyone to gather....

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I've been really busy with family and work troubles right now, but that's nothing special really.

Besides that, I've been out in the 'real world' doing a lot of informing and stuff. Those are my excuses for not being on ATS more.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Too many kids and plain bigots spamming these boards, swinging by every day for intelligent discussion is becoming less and less reliable.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Don't worry it's not just this forum. Other non-conspiracy forums I also regularly visit got a large decrease in activity.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

It is almost time for summer vacation... so the kids will be out in full force soon.

This is my second line.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So has clearly said that all is normal. I haven't noticed any difference. Still running in to the same people on a daily basis I always do.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MR1159

Just curious how this member knows how busy the boards are here.........Have you been just a lurker and decided to join today to answer this thread??

I have been noticing several new members lately that seem to be very knowledgeable in so many conspiracy topics (mainly NWO stuff) and they are posting almost non-stop through out the day...........some are causing a lot of controversy in the threads.

I thought about starting a thread calling out some of these members because I feel they may have other intentions here on ATS........As we know many agencies lurk here for big brother........

Back to the OP's thread, with new members like these some ATS's members may just give up on there point

I know I resist posting due to some of these new members and I find myself skimming through threads.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I noticed the same thing today. Usually, I am overwhelmed when I refresh the recent posts . . . today it was meh.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I've been a longtime lurker on this board, and though I post not-so often, I recognise some trends. When theres nothing big to talk about you get alot of scare-monger threads with people pulling things up from years ago about how some fart cloud in space will kill us in 2012 and things like that.

Case and point: Look at all the threads active right now whos sources originate from Project Camelot...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It’s come to my attention recently that a lot of people have something called jobs?
They tell me this typically comprises leaving your home for a period of at least eight hours to repetitively perform the same mindless task over and over again for a pittance.

Oddly enough I am also hearing that jobs are becoming scarce and that people love this bit of regimentation in their lives so much that even though they typically aren’t too profitable they refuse to do almost anything else but look for a job when they don’t have one!

More bizarre still I have heard many people have something referred to as a significant other? This is a strange concept to me, you would think people would be better served by having an insignificant other, this would place far fewer burdens on them. Some people tell be the whole job thing is also tied into having a significant other, though I can not get a straight or uniform answer on this. Some people claim they go to their jobs in order to obtain things to share with their significant other, while others claim they go to their jobs to get away from and avoid their significant other?

Once again oddly enough it seems that most people who enjoy this codependency become sullen and disassociated with out a significant other and if they do not have one will do nothing else but look for someone to be their significant other.

Now this last one I find the most perplexing of all. They tell me there is something called the outdoors! Evidently you can access it by opening the door to your dwelling and there is something else out there beyond it that people find inviting. I have used remote sensing equipment to evaluate this and have detected high levels of carcinogens and other poisons in the atmosphere and harmful levels of ultraviolet radiation in the atmosphere outside of my door. I do not know if this is true around everyone’s door but it is around mine. I suspect it is true because I have also heard accidents are most likely to happen in the home. This is obviously a trick as no accidents have ever happened in my home and this is apparently some kind of insidious plot to trick people into going outdoors, where I assume amongst other things they can go to their jobs and find significant others while contracting cancer and radiation sickness?

Therefore if I had to guess these missing people are probably suffering or may have expired from acute stages of cancer and radiation sickness!

Stay home, stay on ATS, it’s the safest thing to do!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I know what you mean it seems slow
Heck I was even happy to see Masonwhatshisface online I even sent him a U2U to say hi

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
OK Maybe we should all find a thread and just start arguing with people
[For no reason at all]

I'm pretty sure that'll kick things up a notch or two

Ok

Get set

GO....

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't think that the number of people on ATS at any given time has changed but the quality of new threads (since I first joined) certainly has! Sure, there are some really wicked-cool ones once in a while but they're getting fewer and further between. The silly, unsubstantiated, outrageous statements that don't add anything to ATS (but serve to ruffle a few feathers just to goad people into posting replies) have gotten really popular! Whether they're out for points or just bored it's hard to tell. They can't possibly be serious!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well, for me, I discovered an artist nearby and we like to talk about supernatural things, past lives, art, of course, music. And her pics of herself are many and very real, that I can now assure you. lol. Ya can't beat that, at least not for me.
No, no matter how many times I post about the NWO, or say we need a revolution, etc., Ron Paul for president, Obama is a reptilian, the galaxy i going to explode, the moon is hollow, Blossom Goodchild has a new message, 2012 is a plethora of many things that we can or cannot stop, life goes on and nobody knocks on my door to search for guns and subversive materials. Hmmmmmmmm........maybe this artist was planted by the NWO to distract me. Well, if it's true. Good job NWO!! Wooohooo!!! Maybe she is a reptile? Hmmmmm. Is she a vampire? Oh, maybe I will find out. Oh, goody!!

Oh, yeah! Thanks be to the invisible fairy in the sky who once again, may I get on my knees to pray and praise, has let the earth warm and the plants being to grow. Gee, maybe I will just go outside and till some land and feel the fresh air on my face and in my lungs and help some tiny bits of vegetation to grow big and produce more tiny bits of vegetation. Ya know, just for the hell of it, in case the goverment comes in and tells me I can no longer legally do that. But this year, please, oh please, fairy godfather, send me some rain so the corn will grow bigger, unlike last summer and I was sure it was a plot by the illuminati to keep me from enjoying corn on the cob in December.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Listen I am busy engineering the downfall of third world countries and selling guns here. Some of us have jobs you know...sorry that we can't be on ATS 24/7...
Frankly I haven't been able to find an interesting topic besides 2012, giant space storms, doom, destruction, gloom and unstoppable space terrors.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nastalgik
I haven't been able to find an interesting topic besides 2012, giant space storms, doom, destruction, gloom and unstoppable space terrors.

SEE!

I turn my head for a few seconds and eat dinner and look at all that I've missed!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join