It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Student Takes On Barney Frank Over Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The student asks him a straight forward question of "How much responsibility do you take for the mortgage crisis" Watch and see this bumbling idiot dodges the question...then try's to turn the table on the student. Barney Frank needs to stop and just own up to his hand in this mess as well as many Democrats and Republicans. It all boils down to plain and simple greed...no need for bi-partisanship here. This mess has nothing to do with political sides...these guys make me want to punch something.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh god I wanted to reach through the screen. Barney Frank is the biggest piece of cow dung in congress and that REALLY says something because there are some major turds sitting in Washington. My GOD I cant stand this man.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Yep as I watched it I literally ripped my headphones off and threw them down and cussed at the screen. I usually don't loose it like that either. It just disgusted me so much to watch week after week of the same old BS from him and the rest of Washington.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I just hope this is an indication of Frank's last term in Congress.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Fear not my friends, everybody sees through his BS. He will never get re-elected. Along with Chris Dodd and Nancy Pelosi. And when Obama gets through trying to push more freedom restrictive legislation on us, I will bet you dollars to doughnuts he will not be re-elected either.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by drummerroy39]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
The student asks him a straight forward question of "How much responsibility do you take for the mortgage crisis" Watch and see this bumbling idiot dodges the question...then try's to turn the table on the student. Barney Frank needs to stop and just own up to his hand in this mess as well as many Democrats and Republicans. It all boils down to plain and simple greed...no need for bi-partisanship here. This mess has nothing to do with political sides...these guys make me want to punch something.

www.liveleak.com...

i heard barney frank say that he takes "alittle" responsibility...but really the republicans from 94 to 06 had ENTIRE control of both houses of congress, as well as the laws that came out of congress. apparently this student dismisses this and thinks that barney frank had some type of control in those years...MAYBE HE COULD HAVE "TRIED HARDER" TO PRESUADE the republicans to control, by law, the lenders.

this was done on the republicans watch and you can't change history

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by drummerroy39
Fear not my friends, everybody sees through his BS. He will never get re-elected. Along with Chris Dodd and Nancy Pelosi. And when Obama gets through trying to push more freedom restrictive legislation on us, I will bet you dollars to doughnuts he will not be re-elected either.

the republican'ts are the ones that have not been re-elected. it looks like everybody saw through their BS.

big business has always had republican'ts in their back pocket and the majority of voters in the last 2 elections realized that.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Open and expand your mind my friend. This has nothing to do with Rep or Dem. They are both in bed with wall street and big business. If you cant see this then, (YOU HAVE MY SYMPATHIES)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Barney's reaction to the students question was priceless and just about sums up the majority of his cohorts as well. This nation needs a gigantic enema that will purge capital hill of all of its BS. Unfortunately, it will take an act of God to clean up the mess and enact strict term limits for our Reps and Senators.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Thanks for your post and your opinion on this...but as I said this is not a Democrat nor Republican issue...it is an issue of who in Washington was behind the majority of the financial meltdown. Barney Frank is one of the greedy criminals that is at the top of the list. He is by no means the singular individual at fault. A large part of the blame sad to say must be put on us the American people for allowing them to get away with it as long as they did.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

He has made his money so why should he care what the americans think of him now. These poeple are only after no1, and thats what they want you to be as well,a nd most of you are.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I heard once that even after Barney Frank leaves office he will contunue to get paid like $90K or something like that. I was trying to google it to express my disgust with that but all I get when I put in "how much does Barney Frank get paid" is the stroy about how he paid some male prostitute for sex. How is this guy still in office?

-E-

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

i heard barney frank say that he takes "alittle" responsibility...but really the republicans from 94 to 06 had ENTIRE control of both houses of congress, as well as the laws that came out of congress. apparently this student dismisses this and thinks that barney frank had some type of control in those years...MAYBE HE COULD HAVE "TRIED HARDER" TO PRESUADE the republicans to control, by law, the lenders.

this was done on the republicans watch and you can't change history

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending
By STEVEN A. HOLMES
Published: Thursday, September 30, 1999

In a move that could help increase home ownership rates among minorities and low-income consumers, the Fannie Mae Corporation is easing the credit requirements on loans that it will purchase from banks and other lenders.

The action, which will begin as a pilot program involving 24 banks in 15 markets -- including the New York metropolitan region -- will encourage those banks to extend home mortgages to individuals whose credit is generally not good enough to qualify for conventional loans. Fannie Mae officials say they hope to make it a nationwide program by next spring.

Fannie Mae, the nation's biggest underwriter of home mortgages, has been under increasing pressure from the Clinton Administration to expand mortgage loans among low and moderate income people and felt pressure from stock holders to maintain its phenomenal growth in profits.

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending

This was done by the Clinton Administration as they tried to apply Affirmative Action to the financial system. Hussein, along with ACORN, sued to force banks to provide loans to those who couldn't repay. This was caused by the left. Bush warned of the trouble that was to come and so did other Republicans while libs categorically denied it.

Democrats were WARNED of Financial crisis and did NOTHING

Video of Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam

Clinton administration's "BANK AFFIRMATIVE ACTION" They forced banks to make BAD LOANS and ACORN and Obama's tie to all of it!

And here is a link to Washington University that proves Hussein represented ACORN in the lawsuit against Citibank for their alleged discrimination regarding loans to low income and minorities.

Washington University Law

Again I will reiterate. This recession was triggered by liberal scumbags, including the one in the White House. What the Republicans did wrong was become democrats in the way they spent us into oblivion...but despite the spending irresponsibility of the right, the left has proven far worse over the past 3 months.

Wake the hell up!

[edit on 9-4-2009 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
I heard once that even after Barney Frank leaves office he will contunue to get paid like $90K or something like that.

That would be his pension when he retires.

How is this guy still in office?

He's a Northeast politician. They stay in forever no matter what they do. Mass currently is the worse offender with Kerry, Kennedy and Frank. CT is 2nd with Dodd and Lieberman and NY finishes the group. Their dynasty politicians keeping the family rule alive and for whatever reason their constituents keep voting them back time and again.

new topics

top topics

join