It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birchat HaChama: The blessing of the sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I did a search on this but found nothing. Forgive me if it is already discussed elsewhere. Also wasn't sure if this board was the correct place to start this thread.

I learned something interesting from an Orthodox Jewish friend of mine. I was told that tomorrow (April 8th) around 7:30 AM, the Sun returns to the position it occupied when it was created at the beginning of the fourth day of creation. This event occurs every 28 years, and the Birchat HaChama, or the blessing of the sun is recited.

Until I was told today, I had never heard a thing about this. I do have an interest in ancient history and religion's take on existence and this information piqued it instantly. After some quick research I found that this particular Birchat HaChama falls on the same day of the week it did during the period of Exodus of Jews from Egypt, on the eve of the first Passover. This year's Passover holiday falls on the same seven days it fell on during the Exodus. The prayer is apparently never going to be recited on the eve of Passover again (or at least in anyone's lifetime, however it is explicitly stated to mean never again).

On the Jewish Calendar, the 14th day of the month Nisan is the eve of Passover. The Birchat HaChama has fallen on this day a small number of times before. For some of these rare occasions, miracles have preceded soon after. Moses successfully leading the Jews from Egypt being one of them.

By sharing this I mean simply to bring to light some interesting facts I've come across. I'm taking notice especially of the supposed opportunity of a big event (possibly a miracle by some standards), and the idea that this 28 year cycle will never coincide with the eve of Passover again. Take from it what you will. I find it incredibly interesting.

Some links for more information:

Millions to gather for once in a lifetime solar event

Blessing of the sun summation

Wikipedia article

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Blessing of the Sun summation was very beautiful. I particularly liked the explanation of the importance of the number 28 - So many coincidences, if you believe in coincidences.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I didn't even realize this coincidence regarding the number 28 and I've read a number of threads on the topic. Thanks for pointing that out.

I was urged by my friend to wake up early and see if there was anything spectacular about the sun. Of course it was overcast. Just my luck.

join