It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contacting "Astral Guide" or Spirit Guide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A couple months ago, I had a weird 'experience' if that's what you want to call it?

I was laying in bed, and I couldn't sleep. As usual, my mind was running and I was having inner conversations with myself. I'm unsure why, I was just talking to myself in my head. Except, unlike any other time I've done so out of boredom, I could not predict nor control the answers I was receiving. I figured I was just too tired and my mind was running rampant, it happens right?

Well I was conversing with 'myself' and it asked "Is there anything I can do for you?"

Being obsessed with and trying to pursue an Astral Projection at the time, I asked for this 'being' to pull me into the Astral Plane. Again, I just dismissed this as playful chit-chat with myself, until something scary took me by surprise. I actually felt as if being pulled out from my body! I can't say being pulled, but I definitely felt like there was some force separating me from my physical body. Terrified, and now fully alert and awake, I felt myself 'snap back' into my body as if snapping an elastic against the skin.

I have not 'spoken' to this 'being' ever since. I'm wondering if this was just my mind subconsciously trying a different method to help me achieve my goal, something less traditional, or if I actually had some help from my 'Spirit Guide' or whatever they are properly called?

Does anybody know? and if it's the latter, how can I try to contact him again for help? I'm confident that if I took it seriously and it happened a second time, I'd be able to remain calm and succeed. It just completely took me by surprise as I thought my mind was playing tricks on me.

Or maybe it was?

Opinions?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well many will tell you here that your experiences were tricks played by your own mind, although I must disagree with that.
There are many forms of communication, the verbal form being the most common one under human beings, but one has to ask himself how other ways of communication might work, or how they are perceived in the first place.
Everything you dream, (even daydreams) are as real as the reality your are in right now. When you encounter unfamiliar thoughts, you certainly are in contact with a being. Its all about sensing those messages and attempts of communication, in order to go deeper into the study. Call it Spirit Guide, Spiritual Leader, Ghost, Angel etc.... all of those have one thing in common, they exist on another plane of reality, or another dimension, so did the being that talked to you. Try to open up your mind, don't be afraid! Especially, when you leave your body with your soul, don't be afraid about not being able to get back into your body. You will experience great things if your trust your "guide".

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't know how. I tried and all I did was fall asleep and dream about ex-lovers, which was neither here or there, but stressful nonetheless.

The Incredible Hulk of Marvel Comics has a power of being able to see astral projections and locate people otherwise a needle in the haystack (jumping across the country to find, say, Betty Ross). That is why he is, quite possibly more upset when someone screams at the sight of him because he can seen the astral energy freak-out. And that is why a small child that is not fearful of him does not cause him rage, because he can see that energy. Basically, the character reacts to stimulus.

www.youtube.com...

Interesting subject. I did astral projection when I was a kid lying in bed. And when I read about it in a book years later, a how-to, I lost the ability. Sad.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You do realize that your mind is your only inner sanctuary in all of existence? If your spirit guide is so great for you and really knows you, then howcome it didn't know you would get terrified and go back into your body? Or, as you describe it being pulled back, apparently you were not ready for such an experience, how can a spirit guide not see that?

While it might seem innocent now, what if there are 3 of those beings talking back at you? What if they do not shut up if you want them to, are you ready for that? Do you understand how the being got in your sanctuary, or did you go out of it, can you kick any unwanted visitors out at will?

If you really want to pursue this you should start by investigating what you did that day and identify what event triggered this. If you can't resist the urge to make contact, do it someplace far from your house preferably with friends and use rituals to begin a conversation and end it properly, but never alone while dozing off in your bed.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akherousia

Thanks for sharing this Ahkerousia. I've been trying to astral project recently and thought that it might be good to get the help from an astral being. At least now I know it's possible!

Just to clarify, when this happened, you weren't specifically trying to project right? It just kinda happened?

Any tips that can be given to contact an astral guide will be much appreciated from me as well!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I apologize for the very late response.

I was not actively trying to perform an Astral Projection, or even a Lucid Dream for that matter (as I try for those more often)

It was a late night, and I had to get up early the next morning so I simply just wanted to sleep, and then that series of events occurred.

I've yet to have anything else along those lines happen since I last posted in here.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join