It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to wake people up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I've been reading ATS for a while now without posting much, and have read all kinds of posts about the so called 'sheep' - our families and friends and co-workers etc who have no idea of anything that's going on around them other than the news that's fed to them on a plate..

Well I believe that 2012 could be the date when people finally wake up to the world and understand whats going on instead of aligning with the mainstream medias views and propaganda, see through the governments deception, NWO, UFO's, the economic crisis, the 'war on drugs', 9/11..

My question is how can we speed up the process of waking people up?

I'd like to hear how you wake people up, and how to avoid making people feel like they are stupid, which makes them reject the information, how to avoid being called a conspiracy theorist...

One way that I found that works - instead of watching the news on TV while eating dinner with the family, I hooked up the laptop to the TV and played 9/11 youtube videos - some REAL news! I think 9/11 is a good introduction to mass media deception

[edit on 7-4-2009 by alchemistic]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by alchemistic]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is something i have wondered for a long while now myself.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that shock action doesn't work- declaring the absolute facts, or trying to convince someone of a differing opinion will make a person shut off to other 'alternative' ideas entirely.

My suggestion is to initiate gentle debates in between normal conversation topics and ask people of their opinions in certain matters; NWO, media control, aliens or whatever.

As long as people don't feel like you are threatening their belief structure with rehearsed babble they will be more responsive to probing questions with intellectual, ethical and logical reasoning into their personal belief.

Other people just cant see past the illusory reality perpetuated by the media and never will, until the rest of the world sees it anyway!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, I never force it, if they are not receptive I dont push the idea. All people have free will and I cant force them. Usually if i'm in a conversation and we touch on the subject if they are interested I will go further in depth. Also, with some people it is best to plant the seed and watch it grow, per say. I'll just touch on the subject without being pushy and after it marinates for awhile most people, in my experiences, will come back and ask questions later. Good luck my friend!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It doesn't take a change in lifestyle friend, it simply requires that you educate people at every chance you get. Just speaking about certain topics with friends and family, even strangers is a great way to get them thinking about what the world is really like.

I will usually stick to one topic with new people, only to grab their interest and to not confuse them. For example I will talk about the IRS and the FED, this usually makes them curious and they will from that point do their own research.

They must wake themselves up friend, were just providing the bucket of water to speed up the process

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Indeed, do not push it. Sometimes while chit-chatting people nowadays will start complaining about the economy and that is heaven sent in this case, it is a great startingpoint to give them some nudges of 'hey, this may be more than sheer stupidity on the part of people in power, there may be a patern here, i feel i've been on this road before' Kaboom, you have opened a whole range of conversations and just push that other ones thinking patern ever so slighty out of it's comfortzone but into the curiousityzone and see how he reacts.

And maybe current events are better than the 9/11 thing, that is becoming a dead horse for a lot of people, get on the economic conspiracy and where it wants to lead ultimately, explain why it cannot be a coincidence and the people in power are not that stupid, they are that smart and predict the forseen outcome of most people in the conspiracy-corner. It is one of the major ones trying to come into fruition.

Start small, make babysteps, keep it current and do not freak out

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think subtlety is the key. And if you think of the vibration of consciousness as the bandwidth on a computer, the more people who awaken, the wider this bandwidth will get as the vibration gets higher. And the wider/higher it gets, it will open everyone up who is receptable to change. So the best thing you can do, is to just try and nudge people in the right direction. Don't swamp them with esoteric things that they're not ready to grasp yet, as it'll just make them think that you've lost the plot.

edit, but I've got the wrong end of this thread, whoops

Um, back on topic.....I don't think you can. I mean, you can try and link to as much stuff as possible which is provable (ancient callenders, profecies ect) and link them to things going on today. If people start to see the pattern emerge, then they might start to think about it a little more. But again, swamp them with too much, and they'll think you've gone mentlar murdock.

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
nothing says wake up than a two page article on the national newspaper qouting sources from NASA and National Academy of Sciences.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My impression is that majority of people have their comfort zone.
They have been conditioned(we all have) to not question authority
and to accept the MSM stance as the truth.
I sense that people are so afraid of being ridiculed and laughed at.
Peer pressure and the herd mentality seems to have the upper hand
the majority are just to scared in case they make an arse of themselves
It's taken me about 45 years to escape this mental straight jacket.I'm so impressed
with the younger folk who are already free of this crap.

How to wake people up 25,000 volts might do the trick..

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
You may call folks sheep. I call them sane. In most cases anyways.

How many of the wild, insane theories proposed on these boards ever come to pass? 1 in 100? in 1000? in 10,000?

And you wonder why people ignore the ramblings.

Heck, just take 2012 for instance. You are going to wake people up to what? That we are going to have (in no particular order): Killer meteor - magnetic, world changing shift - huge killer earthquake - magnetic space dust shutting down all power on the planet - A killer star is going to float by screw up the planet good with its gravity - aliens are going to come.. and do war or enslave us - NWO is set to take over that year, killing off many people for population control.

I've heard every single one of those ideas SERIOUSLY proposed on these boards. With in-depth arguments, charts, 'professionals' chiming in, you name it. Now, if you were on the outside looking in, what would you do? Would you randomly pick one? Or would you think the entire load was a bunch of hooey?

Considering the conspiracy theorists can't even make up their mind what happened (I've heard no less than 4 completely different and all very supposedly correct ideas on what REALLY happend on 9/11 for example), you really expect the "sheeple" to take one of your sides.

Most of this stuff is gibberish. There are some nuggets out there, but most of those are in regards to things like the economy and government scandals, which are nothing new since governments have existed honestly.

I only reply because I get a bit sick of the snide, looking-down-the-nose attitude folks on this board get towards others who don't buy into all their conspiracies. Don't believe what you say? Then they are obviously sheeple.. stupid idiots who couldn't reason their way out of a brown paper bag. That attitude disgusts me.

new topics

top topics

join