It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students organize massive anticomunist protest in Moldova using Twitter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
They are marching with Romanian flag because it's what they are, they are Romanians. The languege is Romanian the flag is colored the same so where is the difrence. There is no such things as the moldovian languege.
The flag and the languege are the same.There is no national identity. Everything is taken from Romania because the majority there are Romanians.

The fact remains that they live in Moldova, which is a sovereign country. The will of the majority there must be respected regardless of whom the minority of Romanian nationalists there owe their loyalty to. They cannot simply take over a country because they are Romanian. If they are so intent of becoming part of Romania, then either let them move there or pursue a legal process to create an autonomous Romanian region within Moldova. There is no excuse for rioting and vandalism.

Can you feel the difrence? Evertything is a ripoff.

I know Moldova's and Romania's common history very extensively. However the fact is that today the two are independent nations. Each has a majority of population with its own interests, and these interests must be respected.

The president of Moldova is a Russian citizen, speaks the Russian languege, is a former high ranking military Russian officer, just call it a hunch.

Well just like you point out that there are many Romanians in Moldova, there are similarly many Russians in Moldova. Regardless of who he is, he was elected by the MAJORITY of the population. That means the majority accepts his leadership. If he is Russian, Romanians, African, or Chinese it doesn't matter. You don't see Voronin marching around with Russian flags do you?

Or are we to perceive that Obama is secretly controlled by Africa, because he has ethnical ties to it?

The state ran TV station is broadcasting cartoons for kids at 7 aclock in the evening when people should view the news whith what is happening in the country.

Just like most other nations Moldova has some state controlled media, but Moldovans also have plenty of access to free press.

The internet network and the mobile phone network were taken offline to disrupt comunications(state controled)

Any independent proof to that?

Students that learn over the border in Romania were not permited to return home, they were not permited entry in Moldova and were left standing at the border by the Moldovian border police.

Seeing the massive violance of the riots it wouldn't surprise anyone that Moldova is forced to declare an equivalent of martial law to prevent an illegal coup.

The reason the EU observers called it clean is because the EU does not hold intrest in a small little country

It wasn't just the EU. Several international organizations upheld the results. So far every country in the world has agreed with results.

If you did not know 25% of Moldovian population is outside the border, they left the country, and what you do not know is that they were not permited to vote.

There is significant legal difference between citizenship, ethnicity, and nationality. Each one includes a different set of priveleges.

All the votes were counted without an observer in a state controled institution by goverment officials. Well how about this, I count the votes without anyone looking at me , I anonce who won, I won.

So you are saying OSCE is a sham, and their report on the elections is false? If not the OSCE who else do we have to believe? Anyone with an opinion? Well you do know about opinions and what good they are right?

Another important aspect is seen in the statistics. Statistics said that the comunist party would take about 30% and they took over 55% of the votes making them rule over the majority at the finish line.

Electoral statistics in this case were held some time before the election not during. In many instances these have been proven wrong in many elections.

And even the statistic you quote, predicted a communist win, since all other parties got less than 20% each.

And the EU will have a very good motive for rejecting Moldova.

This is not so much about EU. The EU wouldn't accept Moldova right now, regardless of who is in power. The EU isn't accepting anyone at the moment in fact.

Now I am not saying the election in Moldova was perfectly clean. Moldova is a highly corrupted country - I know that from personal experience. Nor have I ever supported Voronin or Moldovan communists and their policies. But an election is an election. If we allow the defeated side to throw a hissy fit in every election, then in virtually every democratic country they will find some reason to call the election unfair. And what will we have then? The losers overthrowing winners every time? And then if the old losers win a new elections, their opposition can in turn dispute that election? What the hell will this lead to - a daily coup-de-etat?

Why not just do away with elections, since in every election someone will bound to be butt-hurt? Why not have anarchy with everyone who wants power assuming it for themselves?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
... The Moldova flag is the same as the Romanian flag, do your research before you put both feet in your mouth....

It is similar but not the same. Your foot comment is best applied to your own schizopherenic posts, where you claimed that the communists have never won anything fairly.

Another member already tried to inform you about this, and you continue with your charade.....

And another member already informed you that your knowledge of communism and world history is severely flawed.

The breakup of this section of Romania is nothing more than the same old trick of the Communists trying to install their dictatorship.

Where are those evil communists that are the subject of your conspiracy theories? Are they hiding inside of hollow earth? Or in an alien spaceship? Or up in the clouds whispering into God's good ear? Oh Oh I know - they are hiding in Kremlin's basement, and remotely controlling cyborg Putin. You should be in Hollywood making films.

I rather cease commenting to you now, because you don't really present any arguements in your posts, or any facts. All your posts deal with your master conspiracy about evil communists, and arguing with a chronic paranoia is much like arguing with a wall.

You carry on, really - carry on. The world needs a good dose of exciting conspiracies - so there is something to offset facts against in order to gain a comprehension of fact vs. fiction.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

The US and British secret services will certainly be behind this somewhere along the line. I think it was Oracle who said they're running out of colours to call this one lol, but it's another attempt to move into Russias near abroad, like Georgia, Ukraine, Baltics and the Warsaw Pact states before all that. It's a piss take with the Russians, it's no surprise they're upgrading their military and actively supplying enemies of the US and UK.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Actually it appears that for the most part Western powers are staying out of this. This does have certain traces of color revolutions such as in Ukraine and Georgia, but it doesn't appear as well organized and funded by the outside (US/NATO). I think this is more of an isolated issue between Moldova and Romania. Certainly Romania is allied with the US and the US may have some interests in toppling Moldovan government, but so far the US government has not issued any announcement on the matter. I am sure Bush's administration would be itching to get behind the rioters, but Obama might not see this as a priority - and rightly so. Regarding Western Europe such as Britain, they too are rather everything stay quiet and focus on the economic crisis.

Who knows what outside interest groups are involved in this. It may never be completely clear - just as it wasn't in Ukraine and Georgia. I just hope that the majority of Moldovan's would have their wishes respected, and the elected party assume power.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

It is similar but not the same. Your foot comment is best applied to your own schizopherenic posts, where you claimed that the communists have never won anything fairly.

Right, so because some people will see the realities you choose to ignore people like myself must be schizphrenic.... Stop your stupid insults and belittling comments and learn like an adult to partake in a civil discussion. Or is this the way you were taught to discuss?

And another member already informed you that your knowledge of communism and world history is severely flawed.

My knowledge on Communism has come from experience and not from reading meanwhile you sit confortably with all the priviledges that people under Communist dictatorships lack....

Where are those evil communists that are the subject of your conspiracy theories? Are they hiding inside of hollow earth? Or in an alien spaceship? Or up in the clouds whispering into God's good ear? Oh Oh I know - they are hiding in Kremlin's basement, and remotely controlling cyborg Putin. You should be in Hollywood making films.

Oh Boy, I really wonder what Chavez meant by as stated by him in the comments I gave......

i guess i used my mind powers to make every mayor spanish speaking newspaper post this story and write things that according to you Cahvez did not say and are not happening...

You should be the one making fake films as you try to dismiss reality...

I rather cease commenting to you now, because you don't really present any arguements in your posts, or any facts. All your posts deal with your master conspiracy about evil communists, and arguing with a chronic paranoia is much like arguing with a wall.

You rather claim that anyone who sees Communism by what it is must be classified by you to be schizophrenic, which only shows not only your contemp for what others have experienced, but your dismissing of what is happening in front of your eyes.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There is no natioalist Romanian minority there, most of Moldovians are Romanians. The languege, the customs, the flag and so on.It's the same thing as over the border, same water, same blood.If you look in Romania there is a region called Moldova and it's right next to Moldova as a country.
The name Moldova is Romanian and makes refrence to a region that is part of Romania , about 25 procent of Moldova makes up Romania.

You can't sustain that a group that form a minority ploted to take over when in general all the people there are part of Romania's national identity. Part of Moldova was riped off from Romania by the Soviet Union. After the comunism fell in general in the East Europe part of Moldova that was not part of Romania anymore became a country.

It's normal that people want to go back to where they come from. What happened there was independent , there was no plot
by anyone. I don't think anyone istigated or ploted for this to happen.
This with pointing fingers is just how comunists deal with things, they find someone to blame to cover up for failure.

The fact remains that they live in Moldova, which is a sovereign country. The will of the majority there must be respected regardless of whom the minority of Romanian nationalists there owe their loyalty to. They cannot simply take over a country because they are Romanian.

Get your facts straight there is no Romanian minority, it's the majority and Romania does not instigate or lay claim to the land. What happened there is not the fault of anyone, the comunists are to blame. Romanians accepted long ago that other Romanians that now form another country will live independed unless they want to join with it's biger sister Romania.
No one demanded that they join and unify, what is happening now in Moldova is something that the people there decided to do whithout any influnece from outside.

Well just like you point out that there are many Romanians in Moldova, there are similarly many Russians in Moldova.

No that is wrong, there are Russified Romanians, comunists made them learn Russian, and an intense Russification took place. They may speak Russian but I guaranty you they are not of any sort that you speak of.

Any independent proof to that?

I can guaranty you that is what happened, even more borders were cloesed , international press was denied entry, baricades were formed on the road to the capital so no one else will join the protests, does this ring a bell for you from the past?

It wasn't just the EU. Several international organizations upheld the results. So far every country in the world has agreed with results.

It's just because they do not care about a little country, you can be sure it was a fraud.Others that left the country could not even vote.They make up for 25% of the country's population. When they went to vote they were denied to place their votes. Long lines were formed at the Moldovian ambasy in Romania for people to vote, it never happened.

So you are saying OSCE is a sham, and their report on the elections is false? If not the OSCE who else do we have to believe? Anyone with an opinion? Well you do know about opinions and what good they are right?

It's what happened, they counted the votes in a state ran facility by goverment officials, it's not normal for goverment representatives to count the votes, the party involved should be a public institution.

This is not so much about EU. The EU wouldn't accept Moldova right now, regardless of who is in power. The EU isn't accepting anyone at the moment in fact.

Yes and this will be a big excuse for EU to reject Moldova. It's why it was "all clean" so there is no remorse when they deny entry to Moldova.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

My knowledge on Communism has come from experience and not from reading meanwhile you sit confortably with all the priviledges that people under Communist dictatorships lack.....

Do not make comments regarding where I live or where my information comes from if you know absolutely nothing about me - which you don't. I have lived in two countries under communism, and I have witnessed their gradual transformation to capitalism. I know personally many people who lived better before 1991 than after, and many who lived better after the fall of USSR. There is two sides to everything, and nothing is black and white. Communism isn't black and white, nor is capitalism or any other idealogy - everything has pluses and minuses - and to say otherwise would be ignorant.

And I suggest you don't voice any assumptions about my priviledges again - unless you know who I am and where I come from.

Oh Boy, I really wonder what Chavez meant by as stated by him in the comments I gave......

What the hell does Chavez have to do with any of this?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by maloy]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Do not make comments regarding where I live or where my information comes from if you know absolutely nothing about me - which you don't.
Communism isn't black and white, nor is capitalism or any other idealogy - everything has pluses and minuses - and to say otherwise would be ignorant.

And I suggest you don't voice any assumptions about my priviledges again - unless you know who I am and where I come from.

You have done exactly the same thing. I was BORN and lived as a regular citizen under a Communist dictatorship, and I know all of its minuses, and none of it's pluses unless you are part of the minority which feed off the people, that is the truth, and it is what millions, if not billions of people will tell you about Communism.

The Russian government, as well as the Chinese and many others have learnt to use Capitalism for the gain of the state which have become olicarchs, and not to help the people, making people believe that Capitalism is evil, when in truth through Capitalism people can earn their living according to their own efforts, and not what the state sees fit for the individual to have.

What the hell does Chavez have to do with any of this?

You asked where is this international Communist organization, well recently Chavez just made statements about a one World Government headed by the Chinese, but I guess according to you just because the Communist Chinese Party has been using Capitalism to empower itself, and regain it's strength that it is not a Communist regime anymore, even thou they still call themselves so, and use the same oppression of those who live under their yoke.

We know that hackers from Russia, and China have infiltrated the western electrical infraestructure, and left programs that would shut down our electrical system.

these same regimes have for years before the made up economic crisis call for a new world economy headed by both the Chinese, and the Russians, alongside other countries but which still gives overall control to the Chinese and Russians.

Russia's Putin, as well as Chinese officials, the Iranian regime, and others such as Chavez, which are all Communist regimes whether you want to change their names or not have been calling for a new global economy in which China, and Russia will be the main superpowers.

Chavez says China part of 'new world order'

BEIJING – Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says his two-day visit to Beijing this week is part of the creation of a "new world order."

The frequent U.S. critic, who met with China's president and Communist Party leader Hu Jintao on Wednesday, told reporters that power in the world was shifting from America to countries such as Iran, Japan and China.

"We are creating a new world, a balanced world. A new world order, a multipolar world," Chavez said after arriving Tuesday evening.

"The unipolar world has collapsed. The power of the U.S. empire has collapsed," he said. "Everyday, the new poles of world power are becoming stronger. Beijing, Tokyo, Tehran ... it's moving toward the East and toward the South."

news.yahoo.com...

Yet you still dismiss all of this and more, and claim like the brainwashed puppet that Barbara Boxer is, and who claimed before Congress that "Communism doesn't exist in this world anymore" even thou there are billions of people still living under the iron yoke of Communist dictatorships, and you keep posting that all of this is made up?.....

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Again, Courtesy Is Mandatory.

Members unable to comment without insults are advised to refrain from posting.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

There is no natioalist Romanian minority there, most of Moldovians are Romanians. The languege, the customs, the flag and so on.It's the same thing as over the border, same water, same blood.

It's all true and fair, however fact of the matter is that the two countries are separate and independent from each other. The leadership in Moldova should be chosen by the majority of Moldova's own population, as in citizens of Moldova.

By your logic do you then think that Eastern half of Ukraine and Crimea are Russian rather than Ukrainian? It is a similar story there.

Either way I never argued that Modova and Romania must be completely separate. But why do these youths resort to vandalism and violent protest to voice their opinion? Why burn public and private building in Chisinau? If they were so set out against communists and pro-Romania, then why not hold a peaceful referrendum? The answer is - because the majority of Moldovans want to live separate from Romania, and want to choose their own government.

You can't sustain that a group that form a minority ploted to take over when in general all the people there are part of Romania's national identity.

Yes, but it appears that the group that wants to unite with Romania under same form of leadership is a minority.

It's normal that people want to go back to where they come from. What happened there was independent , there was no plot
by anyone. I don't think anyone istigated or ploted for this to happen.

The riots were not sponteneous - the participants were called on to come and organized in some way. Somebody had to carry out a massive messaging campaign to make people gather in Chisinau. Somebody led the rioters to storm the government buildings. These types of thing don't happen sponteneously. Who organized them I don't know - but they were definitely planned. After all - communist victory was predicted ahead of time - so they had time to prepare.

This with pointing fingers is just how comunists deal with things, they find someone to blame to cover up for failure.

What failure would that be?

What happened there is not the fault of anyone, the comunists are to blame.

The "communists" are not to blame for the split between Romania and Moldova. I have studied the subject of "divide and rule" Soviet tactics of the 1930-50 well enough to know that much of this was the work of one man, who wasn't even a true communist but just a tyrant - Stalin. It was him who made similar geographical divisions in the Caucasus - paving the way for the Nagorno-Karabakh, South Ossetia, and Abkhazia conflicts.

No one demanded that they join and unify, what is happening now in Moldova is something that the people there decided to do whithout any influnece from outside.

You have to admit that Romania has substantial interest in these events. For many years Romania has been to some extent involved in Moldova's politics (not that that is a bad thing). I am willing to bet that Romania is having some measure of involvement - how much is unclear.

No that is wrong, there are Russified Romanians, comunists made them learn Russian, and an intense Russification took place. They may speak Russian but I guaranty you they are not of any sort that you speak of.

There are Moldovans that speak Russian, and then there is a number of actual ethnical Russians - Russians who moved to Moldova from Russia during the Soviet Era. Such intermingling between ethnicities was encouraged by the Soviet government, and many people had incentives to move around - not just from Russia but also to Russia.

I can guaranty you that is what happened, even more borders were cloesed , international press was denied entry, baricades were formed on the road to the capital so no one else will join the protests, does this ring a bell for you from the past?

I understand that this is what happened after the riots started, but I am saying about before that - when the elections were held. The flow of information and access to media was fairly good in Moldova - so the excuse that the elections were held unfairly doesn't hold much ground. I would understand in the subject matter was Belarus - but Moldova is a fairly open country.

As for after the riots started - what else would the government do to cease the vandalism and rioting? Any country would have declared martial law after what happened in Chisinau.

It's just because they do not care about a little country, you can be sure it was a fraud.Others that left the country could not even vote.They make up for 25% of the country's population.

Well are they legal citizens with documents? And even then, the communists' win was overwhelming, so the outside voters are unlikely to have changed anything.

Long lines were formed at the Moldovian ambasy in Romania for people to vote, it never happened.

How did they cast votes before? How do you propose they vote if not through an embassy?

It's what happened, they counted the votes in a state ran facility by goverment officials, it's not normal for goverment representatives to count the votes, the party involved should be a public institution.

Well blame that on the bureaucracy of the Moldovan government. Similar "voting" happens in many Eastern European states. Is the process any different in Romania?

Either way, knowing OSCE and how much they like to find any fault in elections of any Eastern European country, I seriously doubt that their opinion is incorrect. If anything OSCE was always somewhat biased against communists, so certainly they would watch this one closely.

Yes and this will be a big excuse for EU to reject Moldova. It's why it was "all clean" so there is no remorse when they deny entry to Moldova.

The EU doesn't need excuses like leadership of a potentian entrant for denying membership to other states. They have plenty of economic and social reasons for denying it. Everyone knows how it works - you are only let in when the big boys (France, Germany) wish so - and nobody cares about excuses. If Moldova was rules by capitalists, it would not be any different, and no one in EU would blink twice about poor Moldova.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Romania never had a problem with the status quo in Moldova although the fact that Moldova IS expatriated land from Romania should be a good reason to react in a much stronger fashion.The protests turned ugly because the special forces instigated the crowds and the crowds are too young and without a real leader from the opposition to join because the stakes are too high at this moment for them and they do not want to lose their comfy chairs and positions.The protest is a genuine reaction against a regime which DOES NOT REPRESENT the values of Moldova and it's people and the Russification of this nation with core Romanian values.Transnistria is a reminder for all of us that if the S...t hits the fan oppression is readily available.
However the history can not be overlooked.The Russian empire folded after the Malta meeting and the results is what we see today.I am talking from the perspective of being Romanian and what happened to my country.Once again because we are a small country we aboded by the decisions of the superpowers.
We lived in peace with Moldova and had good economical and political relations.
Now how you can even begin to blame the movement?
Our brothers and sister represent the majority of the population in Moldova and that is Romanian speaking folks.We welcome the Russian folks to share the country as we welcomed all other nationalities to live in Romania and if you get a closer look minorities are well treated and represented in the Romanian government.

nairdA

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

It's all true and fair, however fact of the matter is that the two countries are separate and independent from each other. The leadership in Moldova should be chosen by the majority of Moldova's own population, as in citizens of Moldova.

No one argued on that, what the argument is if the elections were a fraud.

Either way I never argued that Modova and Romania must be completely separate. But why do these youths resort to vandalism and violent protest to voice their opinion?

Because they may think it's their last stand to do anything, because no one is doing anything at all. Where the president of Moldova is a Russian general, where 25% of the population left because they were fed up with the sistem. The curent goverment that is in place has been in place for the last 8 years. They promised better ties and closer relations with Romania
only to trick people in to thinking that they were to join it's biger sister in the EU. It never happened, in stead of joining the EU the Russian general
intended to bring them closer to Russia. It's how they won , with lies and frauds. Is it not normal for the youth of that country to be the only group that has expectations where the rest of the people are fed up and tierd to do anything or voice anything at all.

The riots were not sponteneous - the participants were called on to come and organized in some way. Somebody had to carry out a massive messaging campaign to make people gather in Chisinau. Somebody led the rioters to storm the government buildings. These types of thing don't happen sponteneously. Who organized them I don't know - but they were definitely planned. After all - communist victory was predicted ahead of time - so they had time to prepare.

You do not have anything to back that up because it's not true.
The riots were sponteneous and it started on a usual evening where students gather up and from a few it turned in to alot, others joined out of anger and frustration. It's not the first time it happened.

There is no outside influence.No one from Romania came and told them to do this, in fact goverment officials from Romania stated that they had no involvement at all. If it was to be ploted be sure
it would of been more organised, they had no leader. No one led anyone and there is no indication for such things. It's just the voice of the comunist leader in Moldova saing so without anything to back it up.

What failure would that be?

The failure to bring any credibility to the comunist party that they are to do anything right. Moldova is the poorest country in Europe, 25% of the population just left the country.

The "communists" are not to blame for the split between Romania and Moldova. I have studied the subject of "divide and rule" Soviet tactics of the 1930-50 well enough to know that much of this was the work of one man, who wasn't even a true communist but just a tyrant - Stalin. It was him who made similar geographical divisions in the Caucasus - paving the way for the Nagorno-Karabakh, South Ossetia, and Abkhazia conflicts.

Comunism will never work, it can't , it's a great idea that turns dark every time it's tried out. Voronin is an old scum bag just like a tricky fox, he is from the old soviet era where he deals whith people the old fashon way like in the comunist 50's style. He has got the looks of a dictator , the way he speaks, talks and acts. He told the youth that if they do not calm down he will order the military to use live amunition on the crowd.

You have to admit that Romania has substantial interest in these events.

This part of moldova has been separated from our country for a long time now. No one instigated or ploted anything from Romania. People accepted Moldova as a single state long ago. The only one making acusations is the president of Moldova, unfounded acusations. People in general here say if they want to join let them join, if they want to live alone let them live alone. There is no secret operations , no secret plot, I'm sorry it's just the way things are.

For many years Romania has been to some extent involved in Moldova's politics (not that that is a bad thing). I am willing to bet that Romania is having some measure of involvement - how much is unclear.

No one was involved, no one told them what to do, what to learn, and what to be, as for politics this is not the case, never happened.It's an invention by Voronin. Romania stood out of Moldova's internal affairs.

As for after the riots started - what else would the government do to cease the vandalism and rioting? Any country would have declared martial law after what happened in Chisinau.

Yes, declare martial law, kill your own people, blame it on Romanians and Romania.

Well are they legal citizens with documents? And even then, the communists' win was overwhelming, so the outside voters are unlikely to have changed anything.

They sure are and the comunists won because people from outside the country could not vote.

How did they cast votes before? How do you propose they vote if not through an embassy?

They went home, they used the embesy.
Not the case now, they could not use the embesy, they were not permited
to return home, they were blocked at the entry. How is it to be denied entry to your own country?

Well blame that on the bureaucracy of the Moldovan government. Similar "voting" happens in many Eastern European states. Is the process any different in Romania?

No everything here is done by public service, there is not goverment officials or goverment representatives countring the votes.
It's what I told you, we count the votes, we see who won.....we won...we won.

Either way, knowing OSCE and how much they like to find any fault in elections of any Eastern European country, I seriously doubt that their opinion is incorrect. If anything OSCE was always somewhat biased against communists, so certainly they would watch this one closely.

There is far greater intrest to take this country even lower for diferent motives. Moldova will go down like a rock even deeper, it will not surprise me if by the next 5 years 50% of the population will be out of the country instead of in the country. This country has no future, the kids there have no future, it's why the young are so frustrated and it is why this happened.
It the curent goverment that ruled for the last two mandates, people are fed up there, there was no plot, it's just how the young feel there. They are fed up with comunists, they want a change, they think joining back with Romania holds a better future, a little improvement, an oportunity to travel across and find a job in Europe, or even in Romania. Most of them aply to become a Romanian citizen so they can travel to Europe and find work. If things are bad at the curent time for Europe and bag in Romania they find it acceptable for their living standards, they find it as an improvement. Anything outside Moldova is an improvment, no one wants to live in that hell whole where there is no future, where there is no hope, where a nut leads the country even deper in depresion as he has done for the last 2 terms.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Voronin, made some accusations, blaming Romania for what happened, for the sudden rebellion , saying that romanian and serbian agents started everything.
The evidence provided, wasn't very conclusive, but we all have to think about something.

Boris Tadic visited Romania with about 1 week before the events in Moldova took place.

During the fights on the streets in Moldova, romanian president Basescu , asked the government for an immediate change of the law, regarding moldavians who ask for a romanian citizenship.
This meaning that more than 1.000.000 moldavians will be given romanian passport , and Romania being a country of UE , they will be free to go and work everywhere they want in the world.

We must realize that most of Moldova's PIB cames from abroad , from moldavians working in foreign countries, spread all over europe. That is mostly how Moldova manages to survive.

Now with the law changed in Romania , the money won't go back to Moldova , but will enter in the Romanian state pockets.

This is a direct blow for the communist regime from Chisinau , and they were hit where they are most vulnerable .

I am not saying that the allegations of Voronin are true, but we shouldn't dismiss what he said, and everyone must take the facts i said about into consideration

top topics

<< 1   >>

join