It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarkozy responds to Racism beside Obama (funny as heck)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
During riots in 2005 among mostly black citizens . Sarkozy had called them

scum to the media. At this press conference , he gets called to respond

to this statement

Watch His Body Language SQUIRM

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It's very bizarre how he responds by saying how he has, well pretty much black friends too! That he has black people working with him, look at me I'm a good guy, I changed the whole political system in France, on the sole fact I work with black people now, ergo there are no longer riots.

Pathetic, black people=people. It is a change, but not the change I want, I want a real change, not a surface change, a fundamental change. Thats my opinion.

As i've know Sarkozy, he seems to be a squirmy guy in any situation, but Obama looks very judgementally at him. We've all had that look given to us though, no matter how minor!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Christiane (the journalist who asked the question) and Sarkozy seem like a husband and wife who are having a row in front of the husband's friend. "I'm so pleased that you should mention that in front of Barack..."

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
lol Saying that you have black friends to show you are not racist, is in fact racist. hehe and Obama felt it, you can tell in his face.

Oh Sarkozy, you are like the Bush of Europe

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sarkozy is VERY prejudiced as are most French politicians, pretty surprising considering the history of colonialism. They actually do have a Nazi supporters like Jacques Le Pen serving openly in gorvernment.
And they wonder why the country is a backward hellhole, I will never see what is supposed to be so great about that dump.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Racism... a term invented by Marx to destroy his political opponents, and it worked very well for him too.

Sarkozy, like Obama all work for the same puppet masters and money men. It doesn't matter what these people say, have said or will say. What does matter is that we finally realise that these men are nothing but a front. That they do not hold any real power.

What we really need to realise is that we are the ones who make the differences in life. Not some muppet that gets paid a lot of money and gets a few television apperances a week.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That is pretty funny...

She might as well have showed him a picture of his mom in the act.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
Racism... a term invented by Marx to destroy his political opponents, and it worked very well for him too.

Not sure where you came up with that, but the term "racism" appears to have been coined in 1933 by Leon Trostsky. He first used the term "racist" in 1930.

It's also a stretch to say that Marx had political opponents, as he was strictly a philosopher.

And just as a general pointer to all ATSers: most of the Marx criticism is ridiculous. The man was one of the most influential economic philosophers of the 19th century, and he was a capitalist who believe that communism would succeed capitalism only after capitalism had run it's natural course. During his philosophizing on the human condition within capitalism, he almost single-handedly invented the field of Sociology.

He was and intellectual; not a politician, or the leader of any movement.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

First, it's Jean Marie Le Pen, not Jacques (can't believe I am beeing forced to write his name).
Second, he was never part of any government in France.

But fact is Sarkozy is a pretty good liar, must be with his successes in politics. Twisting words, facts etc...
Point is french police didn't kill any during the riots, that's left to prove, but fact is, all these riots started because people were killed (before instead of during). Some suburbs are actually like under siege by the police. And giving the ministry of justice to Mrs Dati was just a political coup, she was never intended to be in charge, just a cover figure for the media. Civil rights were severely injured ever since this gang came into office.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
1.) I do not think he ever answered the original question.

2.) He seemed to direct anger at the reporter.

3.) He looked really uncomfortable lol

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I fail to see what is wrong with calling rioters "scum" in the first place? The only individuals who would take such a relevant label, and construe it to have a "racist" meaning, are those whose sole ideology rests upon "Race" to begin with. The Rioters were of every "Race", but most notably they consisted of Muslims and North Africans (Most of whom are Arab, not Black).

So where does this "Racist" assertion even emanate from?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Here is the real subtext:

Journalist: "Mr Sarkozy, in your past interviews before you were president, you've had some comments that could almost be qualified racism. Now that you're kissing Obama's ass, do you think you should apologize?"

Sarkozy: "First let me bull# you a second to think how I can spin this one in my advantage. Ok I got it. When we had the riots the police didn't go on a killing rampage because I was giving the orders. In the US it wasn't like that. Still I take good ideas from the US, like affirmative action. So I'm the best of the class, thank you for that question it makes me look good when you wanted to make me look bad."

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by theWCH
...he [Marx] almost single-handedly invented the field of Sociology.

He was and intellectual; not a politician, or the leader of any movement.

Are you speaking of Karl Marx--the Karl Marx who teamed with Friedrich Engels to publish the Communist Manifesto?

Have you read the Communist Manifesto?

Here are some links:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.anu.edu.au...

Marx was a social philosopher and he contributed much to the field of Sociology with his work regarding conflict as an agent of social change.

If you're looking for the father of modern Sociology, you might do well to look into the work of Émile Durkheim.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you don't think that Marx was the leader of the Communist movement, you might be correct. It depends on your definition of leader, however, one cannot deny that the movement was based upon his writings and his collaboration with Engles.

I have tried to view Marx in a purely academic light myself and while that might help one to understand his philosophy more clearly by removing the politics from his work, one cannot long deny his part in setting the ground rules for the Communist movement or the millions of murders that his followers committed in his name.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2009/4/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Simple : this all "scum" story was just a political coup to get attention. As he says, when this happened he was minister of interior : that means his work was to ensure security, as chief of police. Using such strong language and provoquing violence was totally in opposition with his job description. The way the election panned out was, in the center you had Bayrou with a mission to steal as many votes as possible from the left. Sarkozy just had to reach to the far right voters, that is the traditionnal racists.
If his actions were geared to get the votes from the racists, surely that could qualify him as racist too even if it's all political strategies.
Sure, these suburbs got a lot of people coming / descending from immigration, but it's also where far right gets most of its votes too.
So yeah, in my view, that was all an operation to get the racists votes.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
he said rioters are scum, the fact that most of the rioters were black doesn't make it a racist statement. what an idiotic reference.

perhaps obama was judgmental because he didn't immidiatly turn to the journalist and say that people who riot in a democracy needlessly are scum no matter what colour their skin is.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
He didn't call the rioters scum simply because the riots started after that statement.
Who he was calling scum were drug dealers, little gang chiefs, and more broadly groups of youngsters that frighten the old far right voters of these suburbs.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Why doesn't he use his position to quiet her down a bit lol, i am sure he could if he tried. It was a rude question, though you never see that cnn scum say the same to any polictician in america do you. Obama is probably thinking, they never ask me questions like that.

She really put sarkozy on the spot, and the question should be, is why do they not do that to americans in power, instead of asking stupid questions all the time to them in the states.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
How dare she. I feel embarrassed for her.
Christiane Amanpour is the Mata Hari of CNN.

The question was asked in poor taste and was uncalled for.
It's almost as if she was, in her own kind of subtle sort of way, trying to compare Obama to the rioting scum of France.

He should have called her out on that, but then he would have been accused of mistreating a female journalist.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro The question was asked in poor taste and was uncalled for.

Dude, you and I don't agree on much, but I sure back you up on this one. The question posed was of the worst kind of 'gotcha' journalism. She may as well have asked if he was still beating his wife. I know nothing of Gallic politics, but I think Sarkozy answered the question with class, decorum and even elan. He definitely went up points on my register. And she's from CNN? Well then, they have dropped correspondingly.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
His body language shows that he is regretful for having said that. The pointing he did was antagonistic towards the reporter, though, so he was angry that he should have to show shame in front of Barack. He's putting up a front, to try and seem strong, so that the French people stay strong with him. Barack respects him and he respects Barack, and he did not want to lose that relationship. It's understandable that he should squirm.

Everyone has said regrettable things. Cut him some slack.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join