It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Say What I've Edited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Alright this might seem a little noobish but I can't figure out something and it's kind of annoying.

Now I do most of my posts during work and sometimes I type a little quick or forget to add a thought and later want to edit my posts.

Now I don't have a problem editing them, what I have problem is adding that little piece of text staying what the edit was for.

Example.

[Edit]tothetenthpower on */*/*

I would like to know how to add such a piece of information, is code, or just some little thing I'm too old to find?

Thanks

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You just type the text you would like to add at the bottom of the post you are editing, or where ever you choose to insert the text.

Also if you edit more than once you can erase the previous edit by (your name) while you are at it so that only one edit shows.

Hope that helps.

Edit to remove quoted text by OP.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
yep just type in the reason you did the edit. nothing fancy.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Editorial Discretion

The edit tags at the bottom are automatically added whenever a post is edited. They don't need to be added manually.

As for giving a reason for an edit, that's purely optional and not required.

I often edit my own posts to correct spelling or grammatical errors, but usually don't explain an edit unless I've made a major change or added something significant.

How you handle it is up to you.

And now, by means of illustration, I didn't type the following tag. It was generated automatically when I edited this post:

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well I'm an idiot, thanks folks!

Mods, could you close this one please?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
No Harm In Asking

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well I'm an idiot, thanks folks!

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that's not true. :shk:

Since you've requested it and we've pretty much covered what needs covering, however, I'll go ahead and close the thread.

Best regards,

Majic

top topics

join