It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Quietly Expands Bush's Wiretapping Guidelines (WE ARE ABOVE THE LAW)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Obama has taken Bush's old guidelines for implementing a wiretap and

has eased the requirements neccessary (Patriot Act). Further he has

included a "sovereign immunity" clause to protect the Gov from any possible

lawsuits. In a nutshell, they can, for any reason, without accountability

listen to whoever, whenever they want.

.ALL HAIL BIG BROTHER rawstory.com...

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Seany]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The importance of this definity deserves a bump here

Freedom of speech , o ya, step closer to the mic please

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Does this actually suprise anyone? Obama touted "Change we can believe in" He has changed things drastically in this country. I for one do not see that these changes have improved our situation. We are witness to a rampant wresting of our freedoms. When are people going to wake up to the fact that government is not the savior of us all. Politicians are elected because the majority of the people see them as popular. They are made popular by a media that is in cahoots with the real people in power.

There is little difference in political parties. They are both out to screw us over. All we seem to be able to do is pick our poison,screw us over fast,or screw us over slowly.

I hope Obama enjoys listening in on my private conversations,he is the subject of many of them!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

I hope Obama enjoys listening in on my private conversations,he is the subject of many of them!!!

He already knew that

Seriously though, I dont think people realize how big this is, tell a American

your gonna take his gun, and when hes yelling , you take his house

his job, his rights, BUT he will have a gun

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Obama has swiftly moved from being a "person of hope" to be as loathsome a creature as Cheney or Bush.

I see so many people being mesmerised by his long sonorous tones coupled with his Ericksonian bag of tricks, and I want to scream and shout, "Wake up! Snap out of it! The Emperor has no clothes!!!!!!"

Oh what a dreadful hoax of a man Obama is .. and he looks like Akhenaton ... Barackanaton, Pharoah of chump change and broken promises.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Chains we can believe in!
Is more like it my friend.
He's just another politician.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Lets see , he can look at our harddrives when he wants

He can listen to us whenever he wants

And he can do it when ever he wants PATRIOT ACT

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
[Post removed]

Mod edit: 1h.) Spamming: You will not post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Im surprised that the importance of this is lost

maybe im too much on this site

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Edited: wrong thread, sorry.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Well said, but here is the quandry:

Where oh where are all those Democrats and such within ATS that riped and blasted the Bush Administration for wiretapping, period? Where are they to ripe and blast the Obama Administration who are now expanding those wiretapping guidelines while protecting his rear!? Oh, I got it: its all swell and lovely when a liberal Democrat does it but its just blatantly wrong when a conservative or Republican does it....

Irony, got to love it ..... along with double standards.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It is very intriguing how this occurs yet again in the history of these United States of America. A nation founded for and by people who fought against those who would oppress liberties rights.

Further down on the linked page the article mentions USofA uses in previous past.

Once again, history repeats:

Sovereign Immunity
A principle with origins in early English common law, declared that the king was immune from suit by his subjects. The rationale for the rule was that since law emanated from the sovereign, he could not be held accountable in courts of his own creation.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Sovereign Immunity
A principle with origins in early English common law, declared that the king was immune from suit by his subjects. The rationale for the rule was that since law emanated from the sovereign, he could not be held accountable in courts of his own creation.

Well my friend theres a new King in town

With a new king comes new peons

.DOH

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Does this actually suprise anyone? Obama touted "Change we can believe in" He has changed things drastically in this country. I for one do not see that these changes have improved our situation. We are witness to a rampant wresting of our freedoms. When are people going to wake up to the fact that government is not the savior of us all. Politicians are elected because the majority of the people see them as popular. They are made popular by a media that is in cahoots with the real people in power.

There is little difference in political parties. They are both out to screw us over. All we seem to be able to do is pick our poison,screw us over fast,or screw us over slowly.

Think this deserves a bump

Probably most people dont realize the implications

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
Think this deserves a bump

I have great tendency to agree, which brings me to point out the lack of liberal and democrat voices speaking out against the implications of this Team Obama act, unlike how they did against the Bush Administration and the issue of wiretapping. The irony is almost deafening.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Oh, I think they do. However, all of the Obama supporters won't admit it, and are probably on the 2012 threads, thinking it has to do with the next Presidential election. Maybe we won't have to wait until 2012 to get rid of him. He's got a long list of impeachable offenses in the works. Treason is a reason for impeachment.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Yes the flag still waves...but not over the land of the free and brave.

It now waves over the ignorant and passive.

Now we have what looks to be a blatant violation of personal rights..which Bush was greatly criticized for with the Patriot act...and rightly so.

This is the answer?

When are people going to fess up and take the lumps that this guy is not what he seems to betray.

What will it take??!?!?!?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Under the guise of the Patriot Act , with this new power , the Gov can listen

to anyone , anywhere with no further reason given than the Pat Act

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Isn't it amazing that for 50 years, we scolded the Soviet Union for running a police state where the KGB listened in on every conversation, and sent people to the Gulags. Now we are posed to do the same thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

My hand is up.
I was a ripper of the Bush administration and the wire tapping bill.
I am disgusted by this bill.
If God him/her/it/self came down and implemented this bill -
I would still be disgusted.
This is not change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join