It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother row as police force starts using Google camera cars to fine wayward drivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Big Brother row as police force starts using Google camera cars to fine wayward drivers

www.dailym ail.co.uk

Police are taking a leaf out of Google's book with their latest weapon in the war on motorists. - They are using cars with spy cameras on a mast. Drivers talking on their mobile phones, eating, applying make-up or otherwise driving illegally will be pictured. And as the telescopic cameras can zoom in from some distance, the first inkling that they have been snapped could be when a £60 fine lands on the doorstep.

Police say the new cars – similar to those used by Google to map town and city streets – will help reduce road deaths. But motorists say the Big Brother vehicles will merely be another cash cow for the Government and a further 'tax' on hard-pressed motorists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
RogueGovernment.com

[edit on 7-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Obviously, the government is using Google (and other government-controlled corporations) to collect information about citizens & expose their transactions, chat-logs, and other activities, which concern privacy-advocates & other freedom-lovers, who value their right to keep that information private.

Google Camera Cars Fine UK Drivers

This is part of a broader plan for total social control. We need all to be aware that if they can do it they will do it. Soon we will have nothing left. But every cloud has a silver lining. We will have nothing to lose either!! [IK, UK, 06/4/2009]

www.dailym ail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wonder when the blackmarket is going to crank up selling devices to cause some kind of temporary malfunctions on these cameras.

I reckon my voyeuristic days are just about numbered.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
so they get to drive around zooming in on people, adjusting camera focus, searching databases, just so they can catch people doing essentially the same thing? distracted drivers are distracted drivers, even if they happen to be driving a police car.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I see what you mean. I find those types of devices interesting too. I would love to take big brother & uncle Sam for a ride in 1 of those cars right over a cliff.

Privacy = Freedom.

new topics

top topics

join