It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Physicist warns of possibly several decades of crushing cold temperatures and global famine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sounds like fun. I believe we are approaching our solar max around 2011, if I'm not mistaken. The chart is less than impressive however...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I would like to make my own forcast.

The sun is going to start a new cycle of sun spots, throwing solar flares and warmth our way again. It will start within the next 18 months and by 2012 we are going to be roasting.

There is not going to be a MIA(mini ice age).

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
More cheery news from planet Earth! I bet if there are extraterrestrials here on Earth their saddest day was when they learned to decipher our languages. Ignorance is truly bliss.

Door 1.: Some catastrophe or series of catastrophes has the governments of the world looting their treasuries and running printing presses night and day to funnel money as fast as they can get their hands on it to save the world and to save the world from disintegrating into anarchy and chaos if word truly leaked out what was in store for us.

Door 2: The Governments of the world are looting their treasuries and running their printing presses night and day to steal every penny they can get their hands on while printing story after story of catastrophe after catastrophe released through and endless myriad of sources to give people a plausible reason why their treasuries are being looted.

Door 3: A brand new washer and dryer set from Maytag! That’s right these state of the art Maytag machines manufactured in China are guaranteed to only break twice during the 90 day warranty period. True China has not yet heard of something called spare parts yet, and does not manufacture them, but aren’t they lovely?

Now we know why most Americans opt to watch Jerry Springer and Oprah!

I knew I should have sued my Dentists when he said mixing prescription pain pills with alcohol would cause me to explode and I didn’t.

This just sucks!

Great find OP. Starred and flagged.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So, I guess that means we should all drive as much as possible and burn as much fossil fuel as we can right ? So we can warm this thing up before if becomes a snowball, maybe we could all just move to venus?, Im sure its nice and warm there.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It makes no matter to me whether it's global warming, or global cooling, or just global climate change. It's all based on fear and oh, my, there will be famine. My grandparents and my parents heard all the same messages of gloom and doom in the 1930's. Is life any more horrible than in human history? I don't think so. Always killing and climate problems and lack of resources or lack of technology to utilize resources, etc. It's all just now compounded by faster communication and larger numbers of people to be affected by each of the events, making it all appear worse than for previous generations of people. I wish there was an Alfred E. Neuman face on the right side of this message box to press. "What? Me worry?"

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

i'm with you Dermo. Why not predict bouts of giddiness and unusual happiness. Oh yea that's right...that doesn't bring in the news like the good'ol doom and gloom! Hooray for humans!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

well at least these guys are up front with their intentions.. unlike our current overlords

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I live in Arizona. Bring it on (ice age) !!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The modern electrical high-power grid magnifies the impact of solar flares. Since the grid is linked into major aspects of modern society, the effects of another Carrington event would be devastating.

In case you did not read the fine print, these transformers have a year manufacturing turn around.

What it does not tell you is all IC chips will be fried. NO MODERN ELECTRONICS. Cars, cell phones, appliances, computers, TV, use your imagination

Commerce as we know it will grind to a halt instantly. No food delivery or any way to refrigerate it. No fuel without electricity for the pumps. Money will do you no good, no banks.

Buy a pre 1980 vehicle, no chips, (preferably diesel, no spark plugs or coil) a generator, lots of gas, stockpile food and heirloom seeds, water purification filters, an old radio with vacuum tubes, old ham radio with vacuum tubes for communication, and a gun with lots of ammo, LOTS OF AMMO.

You can wrap some backup electronics in cotton then aluminum foil put it in a water tight metal box and bury it for shielding.

On the other option, an ice age, billions will starve.

Lose Lose situation. It has happened before and it WILL happen again.

See you on the other side.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
speaking of "blackouts", i came across this map of the supposed upcoming blackout regions in the U.S.:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3886a80effbb.jpg[/atsimg]
www.newscientist.com...

...looks like i'm moving to Flagstaff, AZ afterall - at least they don't fluoridate the water supply there!

[edit on 7-4-2009 by adrenochrome]

Well I count 12-14 in Michigan where I am .....That sucks..

I remember the ONE day where half the country was out of power. IT was literally one of the most boring days of my life. A lot of stuff......most everything I'm in to relies on electricity in some way...Making Music ( on computer ) , xbox, listening to music, I guess I can always charge my ipod in my car but that seems like a waste....Tv.......ATS and other websites......

I do a lot of reading......but mostly online......Looks like it this happens I'll be spending a LOT of time at the local library just reading ......and reading.....and reading........

I guess I could just sit outside and shoot birds and rabbits but I'd rather not kill an animal I have no intention of eating. kind of pointless and mean.

What are we going to do????? lolol

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
speaking of "blackouts", i came across this map of the supposed upcoming blackout regions in the U.S.:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3886a80effbb.jpg[/atsimg]
www.newscientist.com...

...looks like i'm moving to Flagstaff, AZ afterall - at least they don't fluoridate the water supply there!

[edit on 7-4-2009 by adrenochrome]

this map doesn't show alaska! are alaskans safe from power failure, or should i go buy a good generator now?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

MAN get with the program, THAT WAS ONE DAY. THIS IS FOR A YEAR OR MORE. If you don't, you will be one less mouth to feed.

I live in Houston and after Hurricane Ike we were without power for three weeks. After one week without grocery stores or fuel pumps people were starting to literally kill each other for cutting in line at the few gas stations that were open.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I had a similar thread on the coming ice age. This seems to corroborate it...

Vanishing Sunspot Mystery Has Scientists Worried! The Beginning Of The Ice Age?

In addition to the above here's more:

Agro Floats Prove No Global Warming Taking Place.

An Argo Float is a Robotic network system that watches our oceans. Argo Floats, which are autonomous ocean-traveling robots, are programmed to sink more than a mile below the ocean surface, helping scientists all over the world to better understand the changes in our climate and look at the future of our whole planet.

This is an ambitious scientific project about the observation of our oceans, which has been endorsed by 18 countries. There are today more than 3000 robotic floats today, reporting about salinity changes or predicting El Niño events, among other ones.

A cross section of an Argo float.
Courtesy: British Oceanographic Data Centre

An Argo float shortly before recovery by the Japan Coast Guard vessel Takuyo.
Image credit: Japan Coast Guard/JPL

These 3,000 yellow sentinels --about the size and shape of a large fence post -- free-float the world's oceans, season in and season out, surfacing between 30 and 40 times a year, disgorging their findings, and then submerging again for another fact-finding voyage.

So why are some scientists now beginning to question the buoys' findings? Because in five years, the little blighters have failed to detect any global warming. They are not reinforcing the scientific orthodoxy of the day, namely that man is causing the planet to warm dangerously. They are not proving the predetermined conclusions of their human masters. Therefore they, and not their masters' hypotheses, must be wrong.

But what are the facts? According to a U.S. National Public Radio (NPR) interview with Josh Willis at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, a scientist who keeps close watch on the Argo findings, "there has been a slight cooling."

Now add to this the latest findings of the vanishing sun spots that are resulting in ‘global cooling’ and things start to get a little clearer. So much for ‘Global Warming’!

In other words has a new ice age begun?

Cheers!

www.nationalpost.com...
www.bodc.ac.uk...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
How old is our sun? 4,500,000,000 years you say?

I wonder why after 4 and a half billion years, it's all of a sudden gonna go goofy in the next couple of years? I'd think even the slightest change in the sun would take a few thousand years, except for solar flares of course. But nooooo..... this expert knows exactly what the sun's gonna do and when it's gonna do it. I don't believe for one second that anybody can predict that there's going to be a flare at any particular date... let alone how big it will be.

I'm just not buyin' any of this fear mongering crap. I've heard this garbage for over 50 years now and I learned a while back that fear mongering is how the government works. That's how religions work too. Churches scare the shyte out of you but then offer you a way out. Just donate money and you'll be saved. What a load of garbage. First they scare the hell out of you, then they offer a solution. "Give us your money."

There's not a god damned bit of truth in this malarkey. But if the sun suddenly decides to have a real good laugh one day and flare my hair off... so be it. But until then, I'm not gonna waste my time on it.

There are real things to be concerned with, like the FED. Don't let them distract your focus. Let's burn the FED to the ground now and we can worry about the sun after that.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Everything is supposed to happen in 2012.

From Godzilla climbing out of the Ocean to Aliens landing...

What!!
heh

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The chemtrail project may be an attempt to ward off an impending ice age.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
My father, retiring from a major power company in Arizona, is currently working on solution for this issue. At least for this area.

To put it simply, it's like our door lock system. We have had pins and tumblers since the civil war and they are extremely vulnerable.

In the same way, we have had many "transformer like" components for 70 years and the aholes out there know exactly how to take them down.

The technology is out there and being employed. My old man is making this happen here and then helping support it once retired. I have faith this will be overcome. As for nature/god, she/he/it will do what he/she/it pleases. If we are meant to revert to the stone age then we will.

One other thing, not to diss on anyone, I don't think anyone needs to be in "hiding" to research this.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Don't you think that if this was going to happen, you would start seen all the changes now..

I mean why would banks still let you finance a car that they know wont work in 2-3 years time, just means that the banks would loose money... sure there are hundreds of different examples like this.

Im not saying that it wont happen, but if government knew for sure it was going to happen soon, im sure we would have noticed something by now, needless to say, why not tell the public... imagine the money making you could get from this, like selling generators and so on... "though yes i know if you tell the public there would be mass panic"

[edit on 8-4-2009 by bluedrake]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
How old is our sun? 4,500,000,000 years you say?

I wonder why after 4 and a half billion years, it's all of a sudden gonna go goofy in the next couple of years? I'd think even the slightest change in the sun would take a few thousand years, except for solar flares of course. But nooooo..... this expert knows exactly what the sun's gonna do and when it's gonna do it. I don't believe for one second that anybody can predict that there's going to be a flare at any particular date... let alone how big it will be.

I'm just not buyin' any of this fear mongering crap. I've heard this garbage for over 50 years now and I learned a while back that fear mongering is how the government works. That's how religions work too. Churches scare the shyte out of you but then offer you a way out. Just donate money and you'll be saved. What a load of garbage. First they scare the hell out of you, then they offer a solution. "Give us your money."

There's not a god damned bit of truth in this malarkey. But if the sun suddenly decides to have a real good laugh one day and flare my hair off... so be it. But until then, I'm not gonna waste my time on it.

There are real things to be concerned with, like the FED. Don't let them distract your focus. Let's burn the FED to the ground now and we can worry about the sun after that.

Amen

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I see people making the same responses from 5 years ago, when everyone, including several members in ATS were saying the same thing, "this is not going to happen"...

I think some people have come to believe that they are more powerful than any forces the Universe, or Multiverses can throw at them. Well, you know what? this has happened several times and entire civilizations suffered, many were killed, and the survivors suddenly had to leave entire areas where their civilizations had flourished for generations.

Is it true that some groups, and the governments/supermega rich will try to scare people with made up propaganda like Global Warming? Sure they are, and I think by now it should be known that what is happening to Earth, and in fact on every planet on this Solar System, as well as our Sun is being caused by an outside source from Earth, and outside from the Solar System.

Are we bound to repeat the same mistakes that our ancestors, and the same mistakes that we made in former lives? You don't even have to believe in the existance of your spirit, we know that our ancestors suffered, many died, and many others had to leave entire areas where they had been flourishing for generations because of Climate Change, which has always been caused by changes in the dynamics of our Solar System environment.

The Solar System is not stucked in one place in the Universe/Multiverses for ever. It is always moving through space, and space is not empty. There are vastly different regions of the LIC (Local Interstate Cloud) which have more energetic charged particles, cold, warm, to extremely hot gases, plasma fields, interstellar dust, and other forms of matter, and energy that exist in the universe, and the multiverses and which do affect the environment of the Solar System, and it is bound to affect the Earth.

If you want to live thinking that by not thinking about this, not paying attention to the evidence, and the facts that we are going through a dramatic change which will only get worse, and will caught unprepared a lot of people, so be it.

Go ahead, and stop reading what the evidence is telling us about the ongoing changes we are seeing not only on Earth, but on every planet of our Solar System. Go ahead and keep thinking that as long as you keep partying everything will be alright. But these changes will continue happening, and whether you, and your family is prepared or not will very well mean either the survival of your family, and you, or that you will be another Katrina victim hoping for the government to help you, and when help doesn't come then you can cuss, and blame the government because you were not prepared.

What is it that there are people who are so against "preparing"?... All it means that you have a few months of food stocked, some filters, and water systems that you can also even used when you go camping next time with your family.

Most people don't even know how lucky we were because not too many years ago we could have been hit with the biggest Solar flare that we have ever encountered. We were lucky because that solar storm missed the Earth.

Dueing the early 2000s Earth was hit with some of the most powerful solar storms in a long time, such as.

Now Playing At The Star Nearest You: The Largest Sunspot In Ten Years Blazes Away With Eruptions

ScienceDaily (Mar. 30, 2001) — A huge sunspot, thirteen-times larger than the surface area of the Earth and growing, has now rotated with the Sun to face our planet. The sunspot, which is the largest of the current solar cycle, is also the largest to appear in a decade.

The area of the Sun, designated AR 9393, has been a prolific generator of stormy solar activity, hurling clouds of electrified gas towards Earth, producing four explosions, called flares, and spawning storms of high-speed particles in space.

The largest of the four flares occurred at 4:57 a.m. EST on Thursday, March 29, and was rated as an X-class flare, the most potent designation. The other three flares were rated M- class, second only to the X-class. An eruption near AR 9393 hurled a cloud of electrified, magnetic gas towards Earth on Wednesday.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Sun Erupts With Intense Activity

ScienceDaily (Oct. 24, 2003) — Oct. 22, 2003 — Forecasters at the NOAA Space Environment Center in Boulder, Colo., observed two dynamic areas of the sun, one of which has produced a coronal mass ejection, or CME, Wednesday morning at 3 a.m. EDT that appears to be Earth-directed. The forecasters are predicting a strong geomagnetic storm, G-3 on the NOAA Space Weather Scales, that should reach Earth on Friday, October 24.

NOAA Region 484 developed rapidly over the past three days and is now one of the largest sunspot clusters to emerge during Solar Cycle 23. It is about 10 times larger than the Earth. This region, which is nearing the center of the sun, already produced a major flare, R-3 on the NOAA Space Weather Scales, producing a radio blackout on October 19 at 12:50 p.m EDT. The region continues to grow, and additional substantial flare activity is likely.

www.sciencedaily.com...

I keep seeing the responses of people who apparenlty think "preparation" = "paranoia", or that you must be a wacko for trying to prepare for your family and yourself.

The Sun from time to time does the same thing as other stars do.

Solar flare largest ever seen
Larry O'Hanlon
Discovery News
Wednesday, 8 November 2006

The most colossal x-ray flare ever detected has been caught in the act of zapping its solar system with planet-killing radiation.

The star is II Pegasi in the constellation Pegasus, about 135 light-years from Earth.

That means the explosive flare seen by the NASA Swift satellite, designed to detect much more distant and powerful gamma-ray bursts, took place around the year 1871. Light from the event is only now reaching Earth.

The x-ray flare is the first-ever detected beyond our own Sun that bears a striking resemblance to the much smaller 'x-class' flares generated occasionally by our own Sun.

"It's a hundred thousand times more powerful than the largest solar flares ever recorded," says astronomer Dr Steven Drake of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.

www.abc.net.au...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join