It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Shaped Contrail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

One problem with the theory, if a jet is doing it I would expect quite a noise.

Around here there are no air force bases, although they occasionally come screaming by, (cf-18's), but you definetly would know if they were around at the time.

Good guess though.

Regards

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Winds at altitude can do odd things to contrails. They can twist one contrail, and not touch another one at a slightly different altitude. There are pictures of the donuts-on-a-rope contrails being left by normal passenger planes.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yep, I've seen the donuts on a rope quite often here, where on one the main overseas route here and see most traffic going thru to eu and na.

I'm in the habit of watching the skies and this is new for me.

There is a contrail completely normal right after this one not a sign of any anomaly with it.

Its just too strange for my taste. I'll be watching for these more often now and be a little better equipped now that the weather is getting better.

I've got an 8 inch sct in my back yard observatory and will be ready for anything...(:>)

Thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Maybe, but I dont remember the contrails at the airshow being consistent for more than a half a minute

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The curves on this contrail are most likely due to wake eddies, which are turbulent boundaries of air.

contrailscience.com...

Well thats what Im assuming, hard to tell without personally observing it

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yes, I think that's the likely explanation Oz

Unfortunately I don't have any good examples in my collection on ATS at the moment - I may have some elsewhere, otherwise I'll just have to get out and take some more photos! I've certainly seen similar contrails produced by commercial jets before - though I admit it can be perplexing when you notice one for the first time.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
please try to upload the original images somewhere. I would like to see the big version. these are different than any I have ever seen. I can kind of buy into what OZ said, but this first view of these seems almost too symetrical. If it was the wind, it was dancing in rare form. My one and only UFO sighting (I think was millitary planes) had one object going straight and the one next to it startd to zig zag very close to the other one. If it left a con trail, I would imagine it to look like this one. It was at night so no trail. How close are you to the Azores?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
It was at night so no trail. How close are you to the Azores?

Contrails occur at night frequently. They appear at all times of the day. However you will not likely see them unless you have a clear night with a full moon

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I should have said, "I didn't see a trail"

I am not going to dog you like some others have in other threads, but do you have any photos of trails like this one? I think the OP has found something worthy of some reaserch. And we know how you love reserch.
Thanks for your input, it is always appriciated.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Hi,

Well the cropped photos are the full resolution of the original with no enhancements to them. You could try gimp (freeware) and stack them back together to get a nice big photo. All that's missing is the bright sunlite area, which doesn't really add to the data. You can see in the op the general info of the picture. I'm not having any luck locating an upload area to put the bigger image in, that's why I cut it into small blocks so they could be joined together to give everyone the full view by joining them back together.

How far from the Azores, well not sure but I would estimate at least 2000 miles.

Hope this helps and thanks to all for the help in trying to sort this out.

If anyone knows of a free site to upload a 7 mp image file to please let me know.

Most will let you send the pic but downsize it, which sucks.

Regards

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by marsorbust

And like I said "contrails at slightly different altitudes". The one right after it might have been slightly higher or slightly lower, and wasn't affected by the same winds.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ok, finally found somewhere to post the full picture.

Go here:

drive.freevirtualservers.com...

Now hopefully this should work.

Just right click on the icon and select download.

Good Luck

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Hi Zaphod58,

Very good, Its a good idea and maybe thats what it is, the only flaw I can see is that flat or nearly flat side of the contrail should be rounded in the same way as the other side. I examined other type of contrails using google and still can't find a match and there is quite a varity to look through.

Thanks for your input

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The bottom of the pics look very similar to DNA.

Seems it would be a fighter jet spinning going upwards, but why would you spin going upwards?
acc
Any fighter pilots in here that could answer this as to why a spinning ascension would be needed or is it one of those " just for fun " things that they do because they have been flying for so long they need to have some fun?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by marsorbust

No sounds for either of the trails we witnesses.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I havent found a thing. Not in any of the records I have from the airshows nor any other sites. It certainly is unique. There were no sounds, about how far would you say that the contrails were from you

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Air Force base here does that a lot in the early hours of the morning and ususally stop before noon. Sometimes the evening or night hours, but less often than in plain sight. No one's really looking so they can get away with spraying whatever it is. You can tell from the way the clouds look they are NOT contrails or natural clouds, they seem to drip down or something. They're speedy little demons too.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I often see chemtrails in my area, (not contrails)

Next time im going to take some pictures of the odd ones i see, i have seen many spiraling chemtrails, and am also confused as to what they are.

Thanks for the photo's.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Oh My Me!
quite nice aersolized helii.
fiery serpents nippin at your soon to be winged heels.
Hermes would be proud.
Ygg pens a cloud

//passes out party snacks//
krispy kundalini christ caduceus anyone?

snakes on a plane, baby... snakes on a plane.
start pumpin up your Nehushtan, people!
want those Horus eyes bright and shiney.

//molts a layer// ...keeps on truckin'///

-

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

While you're at it, get some air samples.

Pics alone tells us nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join