It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo's near menwith hill.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Apologies first of all for not having any pics so I can respect any of you who are sceptical but I swear on my life that this happened on sunday night. Driving back from Grassington in north Yorks we turned off the B6265 which is a road with very little traffic going over moorland.The sky was clear.To my right a large moon shaped light caught our eyes so we pulled over.It was hovering and at first I thought maybe it could be a light maybe on top of a building until it moved after about 10 mins.Then a second light appeared out of nowhere and hovered next to the first.We got out the car and got a real good look as they were pretty close.Obviously we were pretty freaked out because I'm sure not many people would have had such a close up view of something such as this----they were very large,circular,red lights on top and blue at the bottom,completely silent. A third one then came out of nowhere and came towards us.I bottled it!!.I drove off cos I was afraid the car electronics would go.Menwith Hill must have been aware of them being so close., .

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I am open minded on whether they were alien or secret military aircraft but they were definately unidentified ,I will be going back soon.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's a very interesting location.

Was there any smell?

What were the weather conditions?

Were they lit all-over or just top and bottom?

Were you close enough to see their surface or their edges?

Were all of the objects the same?

How did the other objects move when the object came towards you?

Did the object remain at the same approximate altitude as it moved towards you?

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Jack...... You sound like you know this stuff?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I have a number of suspicions, but on the available evidence, nothing firm. I'd like to know how close he got. In the last four years there are a number of unmanned aircraft under development that could fit the bill. Their purpose would be suited to guarding highly sensitive locations, and that area is highly sensitive. The security there is extremely proactive. It's so easy to get stuff wrong so I don't want to jump the gun and give certainty to things I have little faith in.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It's just the way you ask the questions, like you've seen the same. Too coincidental, I take it you have experienced something similar?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wow that sounds fascinating! Its a shame you became frightened and didn't wait to see what happened. I dont blame you for not getting any pics though because in my own experience I often just want to enjoy the moment not try and catch it through a lense!! But thats just me I know others feel differently.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I've only had one sighting of something odd (in the sense of probably being military and secret), and it wasn't like that. I'm still not entirely sure I wasn't very much mistaken, for a number of reasons, not least things like this recent thread, and I'd been at a party, hence very, very drunk

I once thought I saw a large triangle against a moderately bright night sky, which partly sparked my interest in airships, because of their lift to volume ratio. Would I bet my life on it? No, and I certainly don't think it was alien.

I'll explain why I chose those questions:

1. Was there any smell?

2. What were the weather conditions?

3. Were they lit all-over or just top and bottom?

4. Were you close enough to see their surface or their edges?

5. Were all of the objects the same?

6. How did the other objects move when the object came towards you?

7. Did the object remain at the same approximate altitude as it moved towards you?

1. I wanted to establish whether there was a smell of paraffin in the air, to establish whether an engine was burning fuel suited for aviation, hinting at a power source, or, potentially ruling out electric power.

2. I wanted to establish whether a hoaxer with balloons could rely on the wind to give the appearance of control. The Yorkshire moors often have quite strong wind when there's an absence of trees or other features to block the wind.

Furthermore if it was raining, it rules out Chinese lanterns.

3. I wanted to establish whether the bottom light was from a flame or distinct and how well defined the top light was. Seeing if I could compare the description to Chinese lanterns.

A blue flame isn't out of the question. Counter to that is how distinct the top light was. If it was very bright it seems less likely to be a Chinese lantern.

4. I wanted to establish whether there was an airframe, or whether the surface undulated like a solar balloon, not because I suspected a solar balloon, but a loose-ish balloon filled with helium.

An airframe is different.

5. This was to see if there were consistencies between the objects, or whether they looked similar but were different.

Just to establish numbers and whether the way they looked changed as their distance changed.

7. I wanted to see if it lost or gained altitude much as a Chinese Lantern would.

My wild suspicion, and it is unsubstantiated - I have no evidence of this -, is something like Techsphere balloons, made by Sierra Nevada Corporation:

www.sncorp.com...

They would look like the moon if lit up, and viewed from a distance.

But speed, distance, geometry etc. is very hard to estimate, particularly at night. So I wouldn't rule out a normal explanation.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
There was definately no smell. The weather conditions were clear skies with just a little cloud. The ufo's were all of the same appearance and completely silent.The lights as far as I could see were on the top and bottom of the craft and they were definately circular and larger than any aircraft I know of.When the craft came towards us the other two stayed hovering at the same height but further back.A very bright moon shaped light masked me seeing the edges of it.That was on the front of the craft. I must stress we were extremely close to the approaching craft so I am absolutely sure weather balloons are a no go on this.Menwith Hill must have been aware and possibly in communication with them.There was no unusual activity at the base as we checked out the front gate.You sound very much in the know on this so any input would be great. I live close to Menwith so will be keeping an eye on the skies up there.There has been reports in the local paper a while back of ufo's over Harrogate although I did'nt see them.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by starseedz

We tried to film it on the mobile but all we got was like a static.What we do have however is a sound recording on the phone of the incident. We did'nt realise till later that when the phone got dropped on the car floor it was recording.I don't know how to get it on here cos I'm a bit of a technophobe! There is also some naughty words on it due to the situation!I was'nt actually scared but did'nt want to lose power where we were.If anyone can guide me through how the recording can be put on here and if a few swear words are allowed ?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Right I've hopefully found someone to get the recording on to here but it will be after Easter before they come up to see me. You all must listen to it because any doubts you may have will vanish.Please can a mod let me know before next Wednesday if the swear words in this situation are allowed before I do it. There are only a few .I normally do'nt swear but in the heat of this moment I could'nt help it! If allowed the recording will be added to this thread or a seperate one next weds or thurs.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply

I am familiar enough with the area to say that you should be careful, because it's one of the most sensitive sites in the UK, and they will be extremely proactive, within the law, discouraging people from hanging around. In fact I'd warn you against it, or at least do some web searching on the experiences of others who have gone looking around.

The following can be manned and unmanned, operate at up to 10,000 ft manned 20,000 unmanned, and were scheduled for 200ft radius versions which can operate at higher altitudes:

No idea if they're in use, but I wouldn't rule it out.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow I can't wait to hear the recording, sounds like a very eerie experience for you! I live in Harrogate, and my dad's house has a great view over the hills up to Menwith Hill, so I'll try and keep an eye out over the next few days for anything strange in the skies.

The security force up there is indeed proactive - a few years ago I was walking in the woods nearby with some friends and we were questioned by two policemen armed with MP5s when we got back to our cars!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Good news Jimi cos the mod sent me a u2u saying it can be posted if a strong language warning is attached. You're going to have to wait till weds though cos I would'nt have a clue how to do it without help! Great also to hear from someone in my home town. I know the security stop anyone for the least thing but having an evening drive is hardly illegal and I do regard this incident as a once in a lifetime one.On the other hand though could we be living next to the new area 51?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Interesting photo but it did'nt look anything like that I'm afraid. Also thank you for the warning---I was stopped near Menwith about a year ago for just pulling over to look at a map. It's a private security firm they use I think because they have limited powers, but I know the importance and significance of the base. The road we saw the ufo's on was a few miles from menwith .Anyone would have stopped to see what we saw and at the time another car did drive slowly past us and stopped at the top of the hill, weird cos I never saw it after that but my head was all over the place.I hope you enjoy the recording next week.I just hope we can work out how to do it!!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
OK will be back to listen to the recording. Looking forward to it and a little bit of swearing will help to reproduce the atmosphere!! LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
bump

Hi again, I just rememberd about this post today as I was looking out the window from work, just wondering if you are getting anywhere with uploading the video to the website?

Been past Menwith Hill a few times recently...nothing strange to report unfortunately

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hi again Jimi--Weird because I was just thinking about sending you a u2u on this!
We've had trouble getting it on at the mo! It's 141 mb and it's a 50 max on the media.We've got it into mp4 format but are having problems. we will succeed at some stage hopefully!!
Keep watching the skies bro!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Uk Today, sounds like you had an experience there.... you lucky girl! Is this place really a hot spot then? Don't get any sightings where i am.... too crowded maybe with all the people and buildings!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Uk Today, sounds like you had an experience there.... you lucky girl! Is this place really a hot spot then? Don't get any sightings where i am.... too crowded maybe with all the people and buildings!!!

Hi there
It was a once in a lifetime experience.
But NO---we've never seen any ufo activity before and nothing since.
They could have been military secret aircraft---but they were defo unidentified

Menwith must have been aware of them.
My biggest regret that night was driving off and not waiting to see what happened.
One was coming towards the car, behind us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join