It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Overthrow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I see and here many people talking about overthrowing our government, and I have to ask, why do you want to? Our government (and constitution) have been the envy of the world since the inking of the first document.

Nations across the globe have tried to mimic us. Our nation has seen the height of prosperity. It has been a true superpower.

The issue is not our government, but the people in it. Our system of government is fantastic and should be kept in power as long as possible.

What needs to be overthrown are the people in our government, not the system itself.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Rebellion Link

There is a active discussion going on now that discusses these topics please feel free to join in. There is some good information that pertains to your topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Personally I believe that the problem lies more in the human condition. Humanity needs to have some sort of lesson to make us learn that it is bad to steal, rape, murder, cheat, and other assorted "bad" behavior.

Our forms of Government is a workable solution to building civilization, but due to the nature of humans in power, it is failing those it was built to protect. Overthrowing the government will not necessarily be a good thing, since humans will just be replacing humans.

I have no answers to solve this other than trying to share knowledge freely, teach, and discuss every subject we can. Evil does reside in us, but we have the choice to do good for the betterment of civilization, or choose to do bad to further our own selfish 3dimensional wants.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Please do check out the other thread. I am sure you will find it interesting at the least.

top topics

join