It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news about islam in Bruxelles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi all,

I have search if a thread already existed but apparently not.
As the article is in French I make a resume of the article in English.

I've read a article this morning on a Belgian news website that fox news made a documentary about radical Islam in Brussels and how the European capital will be an Islamic city in 20 years.

The reporter, Greg Burke, go in the streets of molenbeek "This part of the city looks more like north Africa then the European capital." that's his words
a so dangerous area that the cops in charge of his protection told him to stay in the car, even during the day time, at least it's what he said.

He then interview Filip Dewinter(vlaams belang president), and he say how is worried about the future of the city, " in those streets that is not he government that is the power but it's the Islamic authority, the Imam, mosque, etc.

At the end of the documentary he interview the mayor of molenbeek but he just have a little moment to say what he think.

The reason I post this here(maybe not the good section) it's because Filip Dewinter and his party are presented as a right wing movement but it's not a right wing it's an extreme right wing party, before vlaams belang He made the vlaams block, but the party was stopped because it have been proven to be a racist party by the Belgian justice, it is why he then created vlaams belang, doing the same but in learning from our error.
When we add to that, the reporter that come from fox news who is know to be a a bush supporter, this smell very fishy.

I wanted to share that because you will probably never hear about that in America, and I also wanted to proof again that fox news, Bush and all those parasites are nothing but a bunch of Nazis.

Source+documentary: www.rtbf.be...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, it seems that no one cares about this story, nobody think that is dangerous to turn an extreme right political party being proven racist in the past into a traditional right wing political party, especially when speaking about multicultural et radical Islam problem?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ufopunx

Well Islam is not a race its a religion combined with law and politics. So you can't really be a racist by expressing fear of loosing your country and culture to be overtaken by radical Islam.

Islam can be of any race and its just another religion that is practiced in a more orthodox manor by a certain group in Europe. Most of the Muslims I know are quite moderate. They dislike the radicalization and abuse of their religion. But on the other hand are under great pressure from within their own community.

If they don't follow then will be casted out by family or even killed. Its a process that takes another 100 years to settle. And requires a strong government that protects them while ensuring equal chances to explore their possibilities and requires to root out the radical parts. This is not yet being done at maximum level.

In my city I grew up with many culture and religions and never had any problems. The danger is that a lot of young people with parents that don't speak another language and their children feeling alienated not sure about identity. Lot of these kids feel like the failure of life is the fault of others and don't accept the fact that life is what you make of it.

Now this is actually a small group compared to Europe as a whole and many Muslims are very smart and have good jobs even in government on high places. So everyone has chances its up to people to make their dreams reality and learn to handle failure.

Anyways you can visit any country in Europe and find a leader in politics with this fear of the unknown. Its up to society how it will play out in the future. Your free to believe in any religion and the life you want to have. Guess as I said it takes another 100 yrs.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I know that islam is not a race of course, there is also 2 part in it, islamist and muslim, muslim have just their belief and they don't pissed off others with their religious views while islamist want to mix religion and politics, it's them the problem, they are only a few and it's cause of them muslims have a lot of problems.

But what annoying me is the fact that those nazi are presented like if they were a normal political party with no fascist view, they were condemned for racism few years ago, they are know for having nazis in their friend list, they also want belgium to split up, so yes I'm a bit revolted when I've seen this newspaper's article, they don't speak only about islam, it is also about the multicultural part of this area(there are 153 different nationality), it's also this that scared all these fascist, it's not only the country it's also their skin color.

Fox presented Dewinter like if it was a common idea in belgium to think like that but it's absolutely not the case, only fascist and racist are scared of multiculturalism and foreign religion.

Letting those people being presented that way will only created more problem between Belgian citizen and immigrates, that will not solve the integration problem it will only increased it.

On the other side, we cannot let them doing all they want , they have to adapt themselves to our culture, we are living in a layman society so we cannot accept extremist muslim nor zionist or christians but I also don't want to walk in the street in uniform with blond hair and blue eyes.

I don't accept what fox did with the vlaams belang, it's absolutely intolerable.

Thanx for your reply

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stranded
Well Islam is not a race its a religion combined with law and politics. So you can't really be a racist by expressing fear of loosing your country and culture to be overtaken by radical Islam.

Your right there - islam is an 'opinion of the mind' (just like any other organised religion) and not a geographical location.
Even so, open criticism of this group of human beings could soon get you arrested:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As we saw in the documentary 'Undercover mosque' ,there are
some islamists who do indeed want to 'take over' their host countries:

A Dispatches reporter attends mosques run by organisations whose public faces are presented as moderate and finds preachers condemning integration into British society, condemning democracy and praising the Taliban for killing British soldiers…

Dispatches has investigated a number of mosques run by high profile national organisations that claim to be dedicated to moderation and dialogue with other faiths. But an undercover reporter joined worshippers to find a message of religious bigotry and extremism being preached.

He captures chilling sermons in which Saudi-trained preachers proclaim the supremacy of Islam, preach hatred for non-Muslims and for Muslims who do not follow their extreme beliefs - and predict a coming jihad. "An army of Muslims will arise," announces one preacher. Another preacher said British Muslims must "dismantle" British democracy - they must "live like a state within a state" until they are "strong enough to take over."

The investigation reveals Saudi Arabian universities are recruiting young Western Muslims to train them in their extreme theology, then sending them back to the West to spread the word. And the Dispatches reporter discovers that British Muslims can ask for fatwas, religious rulings, direct from the top religious leader in Saudi Arabia, the Grand Mufti.

Saudi-trained preachers are also promoted in DVDs and books on sale at religious centres and sermons broadcast on websites. These publications and webcasts disseminate beliefs about women such as: "Allah has created the woman deficient, her intellect is incomplete", and girls: "By the age of 10 if she doesn’t wear hijab, we hit her," and there’s an extreme hostility towards homosexuals.

video.google.com...

Its also revealing that nearly half of British mosques are now under hardline control:
www.timesonline.co.uk...
I'm sure Bruxelles is experiencing similar problems.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

new topics

top topics

join