It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cities Collapsing throughout the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Cities Collapsing throughout the USA

TheComingDepression

“With enough abandoned lots to fill the city of San Francisco, Motown is 138 square miles divided between expanses of decay and emptiness and tracts of still-functioning communities and commercial areas. Close to six barren acres of an estimated 17,000 have already been turned into 500 “mini- farms,” demonstrating the lengths to which planners will go to make land productive.

The city, like the automakers, has to shrink to match what’s left, said June Thomas, a professor of urban and regional planning at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
“The issue is how,” she said. “There’s no vision.”

“People are moving out of the city, trying to find work,” said David Martin of Wayne State University’s Urban Safety Program. Those who stay “can’t afford to move out.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related-News:
BlackListedNews.com

[edit on 7-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Store plenty of food for your loved-ones & keep yourself fully-equipped to defend them. This country is not for sale, and neither are we. We must stand strong against tyranny, and spread the truth about the government.

They don't serve us, and they'd never protect us from evil. They're our common foes, and they're coming for us.

thecomingdepression.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
wow . . . you did not use the word occult in this one!

The bad thing is that big cities are going to get real real bad with the number of people that can't afford to move somewhere.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Gereld Celente, Calls it. SoB!!

He's right most the time, he said it was coming, and there will be no person who can buy these buildings and start a business.

It's going to be a tight wild ride, for now we're simply in the suspensful stage of the up part of the rollercoaster.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I know what you mean. We'll overcome these hard-times. Some may even believe that Jesus & his angels will cover us with a great shield.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
the americans should thank the great fuhrer Bush and Obama Messiah for all the great curses they have inflicted in USA

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It is pretty tough to see cities like Detroit and Flint go down like this. This should be a warning to all of those "One Horse Towns" that rely solely on one major industry for their livelihood. Take a little peak at Akron, OH. Not as bad as the aforementioned cities but it was a city that Rubber built. Youngstown, OH is dead thanks to the absence of steel production.

Charlotte, NC (Wall Street South) is undergoing some problems right now. Granted they are in far better shape than Detroit. But, if banking really takes the hammer hit from the govt. Charlotte will be in a world of hurt.

I live near Cleveland and this Rock n Roll city has also had its share of urban flight over the years. Many of the outlying neighborhoods are in bad shape. Although, downtown is still fun but its not thriving. I don't remember the last time I saw and sky cranes downtown. The skyline has been stagnant for years.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Americans should take your advice, but replace the word "thank" with "beat." To be fair though, it didn't start with Bush or Obama. This problem began when Pennsylvania Avenue was conquered by Wall Street.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hell with these cities. I say let them fail and let the auto companies and the bankers and the stupid homeowners go bankrupt too. People need to learn to avoid debt.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Hell with these cities. I say let them fail and let the auto companies and the bankers and the stupid homeowners go bankrupt too. People need to learn to avoid debt.

So you are willing to let this nation collapse so that people will learn a lesson?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

So you are willing to let this nation collapse so that people will learn a lesson?

Getting people to live within their means will not cause a collapse. Just the opposite.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Problem is, you are not talking about getting people to live within their means. You are talking about letting buisnesses and homeowners collapse.

Without getting into a economics lesson, just think of it like this: any economy is like a like. Throw a stone, the ripples effect the ENTIRE rest of the lake.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I live near Cleveland and this Rock n Roll city has also had its share of urban flight over the years. Many of the outlying neighborhoods are in bad shape. Although, downtown is still fun but its not thriving. I don't remember the last time I saw and sky cranes downtown. The skyline has been stagnant for years.

I'm sorry, it's sad but your comment reminded me of this video.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Will they learn otherwise? They were so stupid, anyway, paying for stuff with thin air...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
OMG! Somebody GET THAT VIDEO to the Cleveland Tourism office NOW!

new topics

top topics

join