It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagonal Ice Discovered: Could Be Used To Modify Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Pentagonal Ice Discovered: Could Be Used To Modify Weather

www.sciencedaily.com

This discovery could lead to scientists developing new materials for seeding clouds and causing rain. Cloud seeding is a form of weather modification, where the amount or type of precipitation that falls from clouds is altered by dispersing substances into the air which modify cloud particles. This process can increase amounts of rain and snow but can also be used to suppress hail and fog.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I wanted to post this for all the weather buffs. Awesome Discovery IMO.

With this nano-technology, literally we are breaking the ice and new technology is going to explode onto the marketplace.

I could also see this being used for more sinister reasons. Would be great to use for drought striken regions. Will have to see how this pans out.

-Kdial1

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Weather patterns are a natural occurrence, and I firmly believe that whether it be good or bad intentions, it should be left alone. What may benefit one country, could hurt another.

Edit to add, it's bad enough that we have skyscrapers and other large obstacles that can alter wind patterns.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Mekanic]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If used responsibly and appropriately then no doubt it's a good thing.

That is a big IF though, I could see this being used to make sure the sky is sunny for the next big presidential speech with a small 3rd world country picking up the tab of famine caused by torrential rain destroying crops. Being the occasional cynic that I am, I say that this should not be put into practice until the world is rid of tyranny (probably never then).

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree with the others, we cant even use the ground we are standing on responsibly, controlling the sensible sky is no option! But I'm afraid it will happen regularly in the near future, with consequences never imagined before.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Clairaudience]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
As far as i see it - to succesfully modify weather , fully understanding weather patterns is a must. And all the models can only see days in advance plus minus correctly, tops.
So great work by scientists, a long way to go. All the way to ice-nine...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We can't even stop the extinction of thousands of species every year, but we're going to start messing with weather? Really?

Let the natural world recover, and start declining the human population on Earth, before starting to mess it up, worse.

The arrogance of humanity is embarrassing.

O-315

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
AWESOME!!!

This is a great discovery and application of nano tech. I hope we see much more of this in the future!!!

Thanks for the Post OP!

new topics

top topics

join