It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Cross Report: Medical Officers 'Participated in Torture'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Red Cross Report: Medical Officers 'Participated in Torture'

rawstory.com

A confidential report by the International Committee of the Red Cross has revealed that medical officers and health personnel supervised, and in some cases assisted as detainees were deprived of food, exposed to extreme temperatures, and subjected to waterboarding. A copy of the 2007 report was posted on a magazine web site Monday night. The report quotes one medical official telling a detainee: "I look after your body only because we need you for information."

The new details of alleged CIA interrogation practices are contained in a 43-page volume written by ICRC officials who were given unprecedented access to the CIA's'high-value detainees' in 2006. Excerpts of the report had been leaked previously, and the entire document was made public for the first time on Monday evening by author Mark Danner, a journalism professor, on the New York Review of Books online site.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
BlackListedNews.com

[edit on 7-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The government has hired & programmed plenty of thugs & serial-killers to do their dirty work, at times. We shouldn't allow them to touch us or our possessions. They want control over us.

They're not going to wait for us to stand up & make them sorry for mistreating us & misleading our people, on a daily basis. They try to hide their true-intentions by posing as protectors & care-givers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by News And History
...mistreating us & misleading our people, on a daily basis. They try to hide their true-intentions by posing as protectors & care-givers.

I would just like to clarify for the record that I have not been mistreated by the U.S. Government. Furthermore, I would appreciate, as a U.S. citizen, to not be categorized (vaguely and collectively) with those individuals held at Guantanamo Bay.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by WestPoint23]

join