It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several N.Y. Anti-Gun Bills Headed to State Senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Several N.Y. Anti-Gun Bills Headed to State Senate

nssf.org...

Urge your elected officials to strongly oppose any would-be ammunition ban.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Update on coded ammo laws and regulations.

Look on the PDF document page 5 section A-3200/S-2953 which describes the database to maintain and track coded ammo. To establish a penalty.

States that Bills A- 6252 and S 2741 are the same.

My concern is worried gun owners are stockpile ammunition , cartridge and reloading equipment at such a rate that manufacturers can't meet demand. So they counteract by putting restrictions on all ammo.

What better way to create such restrictions. I find it against our rights as citizens to be required to register ANY ammo in to a Federal database!

It not only infringes on our rights to bear arms but also is invasive to our personal privacy.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Considering the population of the US, I really have to question if guns are really that serious of an issue as antigun lobbyists make it out to be.

Firearm-related crime has plummeted since 1993, then slightly increased in 2005.

Incidents involving a firearm represented 9% of the 4.7 million violent crimes of rape and sexual assault, robbery, and aggravated and simple assault in 2005.

I find the last quote pretty telling. 91% of the 4.7 million violent crimes INVOLVED NO FIREARM.

Same Source

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jam321]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jam321]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I'm glad to see such Patriotic spirt! Yes that last phrase sums it up quite well. Maybe they should be picking on the Knife owners.

My concern is that the House and Senate majority are gun fanatics and this bill appears to come up at the 2009-2010 session.

I like how they try to sneak the law in the middle of other non gun issues. Perhaps hoping it will be overlooked.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Maybe they should be picking on the Knife owners.

Reality is that even within a society with no guns, murders will still be a daily part of life.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Sad but still not surprising given that only Illinois is further ahead of New York in its anti-gun legislative efforts. As if manufacturers don't have enough to deal with meeting the current demands of the market they want to do some nonsense like on the perception that it will make a single difference in violent crimes in which firearms are utilized.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't have a huge problem with it. I think its completely counterproductive, mind you, but I also think that it largely *should* be a states' rights issue and that if the people of New York want stricter gun control, that's fine with me. I don't have to live there. Hell...I don't want to live there.

The problem I have is when the anti-gun zealots from the New England states, California, and Illinois start trying to tell the rest of us what to do.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Agreed I think they like to beef up the numbers a bit. I'm afraid it's true, that soon they will get their way and no one will be allowed to own a gun. It may seem radical but possible.

Theyre sure picking on ammo again! I think I have enough stocked up.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I wasnt aware that Illinois was working harder on this. I expect see see most states join the band wagen. I'll need to check that out. It it a Senate or House bill?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think TPTB will have some test states...New York is good candidate
to see how it all plays out. They use the statistics (falsely manipulated) to justify thier actions.

Like California they cite numbers of guns from California that end up in Mexico to try to impose stricter gun regulations...
www.foxnews.com...

Bottom line, TPTB just want an unarmed citizenry!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I always felt sorry for the people living in the larger geographic portion of the state which is mostly rural and culturally very, very, very different from the politics of NYC which seem to run the state.

It's very own little oligarchy of the privileged class ruling over their empire of peasants.

The same is Chicago to Illinois, LA/SanFran to California, Boston to Mass, DC to the United States.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How does this work if a criminal has a stolen firearm and stolen bullets?
Again this only makes it harder for law abiding citizens not for criminals.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Digital_Reality]

top topics

join