It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Origins of the Great Sphinx?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article by the author, Robert Temple, regarding the possible origins and purpose of the Great Sphinx of Giza and its enclosure:

www.freemasonrytoday.com...

Scott Creighton

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
didnt get why it had to do with freemasonry?

But!! its a great little read makes one think alot.

can you put some more info on the first post tho coz its only short and could be posted then linked to the site?

seems abit like .. Go here > kinda thing? trafic? i dunno just my thoughts

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Very good read.

I visited Egypt many moons ago, just two weeks after 9/11 to be precise and visited all such sites including the Valley of the Kings while there.

I would highly recommend that anyone seriously interested in Ancient Egypt invests in a Nile tour.

It was the most relaxing holiday i have personally ever had in my life. It changed my thoughts about religion and life itself forever.

edit due to misplaced word

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Celtic-Man]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Celtic-Man]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Definatley makes more sense than some of the older theories. So does he think that the Sphinx's original head was actually destroyed by the pharoah who's head adorns it now, or does he or you Scott think it fell do to natural or structural concerns? I know there is reportedly alot of written accounts about pharoahs removing images and signs of past pharoahs, (especially women) to salve their egos.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well as you can see from any angle of the Sphinx...the current head has no relation (and no place in fact) on the the body, in size or relevance.
I think the Sphinx as it originally was, had to be a representation of the constellation Leo(thus a lion), that rose on the eastern horison when the Sphinx was build(and were it is pointed) as to look at an mirror image of itself at nightfall. Obviously there are other reasons for the building of the Sphinx aswell as...but we wont go into those details now...
Anyways...due to natural elements, and erosion over thousands of years, the body got coverend with dessert sand, and the head got eroded due to the exposure to elements. Later, one of the pharoah's (cant remember which one) recarved the head to resemble a human head, which can clrealry be seen as not fitting on the reast of the body.
just my two cents on it.
chao

[edit on 4-6-2009 by GerhardSA]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
OMG its only interesting

there are no citations to backup the wild claims made by the author.
the anubis theory is interesting perhaps a slang name that is being misinterpreted for it being the shape. much like how many things have many names such as guy dude man etc etc.

new topics

top topics

join