It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Makes Unscheduled Stop In Bahgdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
He is to meet with Iraq's Prime Minister.

Not known if there will be a press event with troops.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE: He will be presenting medals to some troops.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by AncientMariner]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
He's at Camp Victory and wasn't able to meet with Iraqi leaders due to bad weather i.e. dust storm has grounded choppers. But he will meet with US military and give out some medals.

CNN has been talking about it for last couple hours.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am sure that he was told to make the old "while I was in your neighborhood" stopover. Why not go to Iraq before Turkey? This stop just seems like an afterthought to me. He owes the troops more than that. He is the CIC afterall.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Maybe he will have the chance to tour a mosque or two while he is there. Bring back a little of his childhood memories!!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Maybe he will have the chance to tour a mosque or two while he is there. Bring back a little of his childhood memories!!

Do you think he is not programmed to play his rle, and do you think he remembers all of his past, his real past.

Would be an interesting thing to ask him.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

How disrespectful of you! He was a child then. If you want to be mad about that, blame his poor dead mother. What if your parents had moved somewhere when you were a child, that you don't particulary like now........would you like someone saying that about you? I don't mean to be rude, and everyone has an opinion, but your statement is unfair to the man in my opinion. I also believe it "steers" young minds in a wrong direction, if you catch my drift. Peace!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK

How disrespectful of you! He was a child then. If you want to be mad about that, blame his poor dead mother. What if your parents had moved somewhere when you were a child, that you don't particulary like now........would you like someone saying that about you? I don't mean to be rude, and everyone has an opinion, but your statement is unfair to the man in my opinion. I also believe it "steers" young minds in a wrong direction, if you catch my drift. Peace!

Disrespectful? Me? NO not at all. He was a muslem for better than a third of his life. As a child the teachings that are related to you usually last a lifetime. The foundation from which you draw your ideaologies. I said nothing to disparage the man. You my dear are the one that has drawn a conclusion out of context.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Originally posted by PammyK

Disrespectful? Me? NO not at all. He was a muslem for better than a third of his life. As a child the teachings that are related to you usually last a lifetime. The foundation from which you draw your ideaologies. I said nothing to disparage the man. You my dear are the one that has drawn a conclusion out of context.

Peace

Just what the U.S. needs. A man raised in Muslim background.

Islam, aside from radicals, is a very peaceful religion.

If Obama is a Muslim, then its about damn time the U.S. got a peacemaker

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The problem i have with an islamist being in any position in the government is the same problem i have with the far-right being in said positions: Are they going to be able to adhere to the Constitutionally granted separation of church and state? Can they put aside their dogmas and make decisions about legislation that affects us all from a truly objective perspective?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On topic:

Obamas little trip was just a very expensive public relations visit. I doubt anything productive actually came of it. Other countries are always going to hate us. I say "who cares?"

TheAssociate

new topics

top topics

join