It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we really know about our history?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Now bear with me on this, as my mind has been going off to strange places lately. Let's say the oldest person (recorded) on earth is like 115 years old.
So we could ask that person about history and possibly get a good qualified answer. but what about beyond 100 years ago? I mean if we have been lied to for all this time, and we have, repeatedly by TPTB. I mean there is no video evidence beyond 100 years. We rely on what we are told and what we read and supposed genuine documents from long ago. What i'm saying is....
If we have been manipulated on everything else, who's to say that things happened at all or as they say they did at all? We always think about the way way back and how things may have been concealed from us but how about the fairly recent past. After all, as they say, history is written by the winners. Anyway, I'm just spitballin' thought it would be an interesting topic to consider!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm a history major and there are two truths that I always follow when trying to piece together something historical.

1) History is always written by the victorious party in a conflict or other two/or more party endeavor. Put simply. Say Neanderthal Man and Homo Sapiens man both witnessed and experienced the same event and proceeded to chronicle it (of course we didnt' have writing back then so this is just a purely hypothetical example) and Homo Sapiens Man decided they didn't like Neanderthal Man any longer and erased him from existence, all records and writings of Neanderthal would be erased and redone by Homo Sapiens, thereby spinning it in the direction that he wanted. This has happened through history, when a conquering party has destroyed all written record of a particular land/people.

2) History is interpreted by the people that lived it. It's never a clear cut and dry this is what happened sort of thing, it's all open to the interpretation of those writing about it/lived it/etc. Since humans have the inane need to embellish, a lot of times over the years a simple incident can be blown up into the Battle of the River X. We see this a LOT with wars and the like. It's also one of my theories on how Mythology was started, a few simple stories embellished over time, losing the original in the process and becoming Gods and Goddesses that rules the world.

join