It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone planning on going to the X-Conference this year?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Just curious to know if anyone was planning on attending the X-Confernce in Gaithersburg MD this year?

It's literaly right down the street from me and I'm thinking about going.

Is anyone else planning on this? Has anyone been to this before?

X-Conference website

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Its a bit far for me but I'd definitely recommend attending the Richard Dolan presentation - he's quite an intelligent,articulate chap and makes some very pertinent points with regard to the UFO/OVNI subject.
Here he is speaking at the Xcon in 2004:
video.google.com...

Bio:

Richard Dolan studied history, English, and philosophy as an undergraduate at Alfred University. His deep passion for the discipline of history resulted in a scholarship to study at Oxford University and a near miss for a Rhodes Scholarship.
He chose instead to do graduate work at the University of Rochester, where he focused on German and Soviet studies before moving on to American Cold War diplomacy.
Not wanting to teach, he left academia to write.In 1994 he became interested in the UFO problem, approaching it from the angle of history and politics.He was intrigued by the cultural schizophrenia - the fact that mainstream and academic culture (official culture) continued to treat UFOs as amusement, but that so many intelligent people privately had taken it seriously.

Throughout 1995, 1996, and 1997 he conducted a systematic bibliographic search, hunting down the many out-of-print books and UFO documents released over the years through the Freedom of Information Act.
He found the amount of information nearly overwhelming.
A detailed chronology of relevant events was prepared in advance of writing his critically acclaimed book, UFOs and the National Security State: Chronology of a Coverup, 1947-1973.
This book provides the crucial foundation everyone needs: a clear, comprehensive, but concise historical narrative of the problem. He is completing work on the study's second volume, which will take the story deeper into the 20th century.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I would love to attend but I have a tea party to go to on the 15 th..

Sure will be glad when we have the technology to be in two places at one time.

Enjoy it if you go and tell us all about it.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thanks guys,

I'm in the process of trying to secure some press passes to that I can get up close to these guys and ask questions, although it is taking place in less than two weeks so I'm not sure if that is going to be possible. But if i do I also plan on taking lots of pics.

It is not definite that I am going but odds are that I am, so if anyone has any questions they want asked of any of the keynote speakers please let me know. I will do my best to ask the questions you want answered.

top topics

join