It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need proof.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I read so much about encounters with ufo's and their occupants and am always left wondering why there is still no hard evidence. I mean show me some genuine evidence that what exists is extra terestial or terestial for that matter? I have seen shakey handycam footage of ufo's and alien', through to so called Ufo's shot by NASA and am still not convinced. I agree there is some unexplained stuff out there but where is the proof? Man is enquisitve by nature and there is deffinately information being withheld from the masses however what it is and to what extent is a mystery. I also believe that there could be life elsewhere as space is vast and contains many stars and planets, or does it? The reality is 99.9% of people on here have never been to outerspace and probably 60% have never looked through a telescope! The information is based on first person secondhand information. There are some very intelligent people here trying to come up with some very intelligent answers to these very important questions. The questions I have are ones purely regarding proof. Are UFO's real? Are aliens real? Are the powers that be hiding and supressing these technologies? etc etc are all valid questions! But where is the proof? Sure you'll say theres high ranking officials, Pilots, Government officials and your average Joe out there saying that these things are real but you are purely taking their word for it! There are many things in life that we don't understand and never will while in our body made of flesh and bone. Ever thought that we cannot possibly understand due to the very nature of our design in this perceptive reality? I don't understand how so many people can be so convinced of these things with so little evidence, prove me wrong? I am not convinced but truely want to believe as I believe there is so much more out there but not in the way we think because we cannot think as we are very simple yet complex in design.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Is the pope Catholic?

To fulfill minimum line pre-requesites and quantify intent, I retorically offer the answer... YES!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Please define Catholic?
reply to post by afaik

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i would suggest proof would mean they weren't UFO's anymore.

proof is the amount of evidence that is required to convince you something is true. if you refuse to believe something no amount of evidence will convince you.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If you want to believe, go ahead and believe.
You won't be finding any "proof" in the near future, just evidence.
Heaps of it, some good, some bad, some just plain ridiculous.

It's all in how you percieve what evidence there is.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There is no proof otherwise the issue would not be argued so contentiously. I have personal proof but I cannot share it with you. Five friends and I watched a large metallic looking disk (40 to 60 ft diameter) hover in front of us no more than 150 to 200 yards away. After looking us over it flew away at a fairly sedate speed and climbed to maybe 1500 feet. For me it's not ARE they up there but WHAT is up there. The impression we had was of an intelligently controlled machine but I have no proof. I do know it appeared to defy our laws of physics. The best I think you can hope for is personal proof. Some day I intend to spend a few years looking for proof that everyone will accept.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
thats rediculous! Unidentified flying objects or unexplained flying objects? If i locked you in a room since birth meanwhile telling you of all the mazing things outside would you believe me?

reply to post by pieman

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hornum
Please define Catholic?
reply to post by afaik

Sorry to get all religious NOT, I probably should have said..
IS the sky blue?

You know what they say, same sh@t, different day.

and yes, we could all pour our hearts out trying to convince the other of our beliefs, but our beliefs are based on experiences, and these we can not share...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What leads you to believe this was from another planet? Why not secret military craft?reply to post by Wasco

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
its called a video camera, still camera or dictaphone.reply to post by afaik

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
unidentified or unexplained, what's the difference?

would i believe you, who the heck knows, what kind of an oddball hypothetical is that?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by afaik

IS the sky blue?

I would then ask you at what time of day are we talking

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

its called a video camera, still camera or dictaphone.reply to post by afaik

Dear oh dear,
I do not want to get drawn into a you can't prove UFO's/Aliens etc exist argument, but experiences do not always involve interactions with Korean made electrical gadgets.

I am not saying I know unequivicolly either way, but I do know there are things unexplainable by either side.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
You can refuse to believe something as much as you like it doesnt mean its not true. This is a different case with UFO's. If I want to see the northern or southern lights I simply head to the right spot. Tell me where I can go to see a UFO (Unknown intelligently controlled craft)and I'll go there!reply to post by pieman

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz

Originally posted by afaik

IS the sky blue?

I would then ask you at what time of day are we talking

That would depend wher on Earth, or elsewhere, we were located at the time

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Don't we ALL want proof of sorts?

Besides even if proof was available people would cry fake, or photoshopped, and the person who had the 'proof' won't travel the world so that we can handle the 'proof' in our own hands, so asking for proof is like asking my brother for the money he owes me. It ain't gonna happen.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I am open to the idea but you would think through the amount of encounters worldwide we would have more conclusive evidence.reply to post by afaik

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
there is a lack of conclusive proof. that is my point. Think about the amount of encounters! Point me to some evidence, seriously???reply to post by DataWraith

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

What leads you to believe this was from another planet? Why not secret military craft?reply to post by Wasco

First, I never said I believe it was from another planet. I do believe the technology was from somewhere not earth. I didn't mention this sighting happened in 1974. This thing was big, metallic, brightly lit, and hovering several hundred feet off the ground without making a sound and with no visible means of support. No propellers, no jet exhaust, no rocket exhaust, and looking too heavy to be lighter than air. That defied our knowledge of physics then and as far as I know it defies our knowledge of physics today. So you are left with postulating a hidden highly advanced earthly civilization or they (or the knowledge to build them) came from somewhere else. I said I have no proof because I have no proof. I have personal theories based on what we saw but theory is all it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I am open to the idea but you would think through the amount of encounters worldwide we would have more conclusive evidence.reply to post by afaik

open to the idea is all you need to be.

If it is something that is meant to happen to you, it will.

No matter where you travel, if something is not meant to be, it probably wont.

Datawraith,
Yep they sure would doubt and cry foul, that's the nature of experience and non experience.

Sort of like swines and pearls,
Damn, now I am getting religious.

Gotta stop using the opposition to support my argumentative cause

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join