It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dead Grandfather saved my Mother's life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastxdance
I'm sure it may have been a positive entity but not your dead grandfather. Perhaps it was an angel? The dead are simply sleeping until Judgement.

wrrrrong it was loa that saved your life who is loa? loa was a living human being at one point he was the blessing and the word of god and hes constantly watching over us hint this what the voodoo religion is all about that white folks and hollywood talked soo bad about because they dont understand it and that judgement day sh1t is nonsense god is not the one that judge you its your ancestors that judge you when you die and they are also constantly watchcing over us they are watching everything we do remember that

[edit on 7-4-2009 by The-3-Symbolz]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies.

I'm enjoying reading all your stories, please keep them coming.

And yes, I do admit as some posters have said that the 'vision' could have been self-induced by pain / fear etc. However, to me it seems a bit specific to be a product of the dream world.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't doubt your mother's story at all.

But here is the thing.

If you put your wife's hand in warm water when she is really sleepy 75% of the time she will pee the bed.

Or if you have to pee or poop badly and your asleep sometime's..you dream of doing it in your sleep.

I remember i was a kid..had a killer asthma attack.
Was dead asleep when it happen.
I was dreaming i was in the gas chamber....
Next think i know my father was smacking me to make me mad and wake me up as we was on the way to the hospital.
I couldn't take one breath of air for 2 mile's as he held me out the car window driving lol true story..i was purple.

So basically my point is her mind was telling her she was in trouble.
And told her the best way possible so she would understand.
In dream state.

Happens all the time.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Loving all the stories here. There is enough to start a book!!! I have had a few experiences but the one I will share is when my little girl was 1 years old. We lived in a bungalow so she wasn't used to stairs. We were visiting my sisiter who had quite a steep staircase. The stairs were open so they were directly in the living room. My daughter was standing at the top saying she couldnt get down, as I stood up and turned around to my right to go up the stairs my arm swung up all by itself so as I completed the a 180% turn my arm was outstretched over the stairs and my daughter landed on my arm. She had obviously tried in those few seconds to tackle the stairs and took off. She was actually flying head first down the staircase in midair heading for a some upturned stools and stuff at the bottom of the staircase. She could have probably broken her kneck. I wil never forget that sensation of something controlling my arm. My belief is it was my daughters gaurdian angel/spirit guide.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by starseedz]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Great story Starseedz!

My grandmother has 5 children and she was in the farm house while the kids went down to swim in the creek. (over 30 years ago) She was standing in the house washing dishes when somone told her to go to the creek and check on the children. As she walked down there, she started running because she just knew that something was wrong. (and no she didn't hear screaming) When she got there, my uncle was drowning and my dad was tring to save him. She jumped in and saved him...

Still to this day when she tells me the story, she doesn't understand why she knew to run to the creek....

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My husband had a dream one night and his mother came to him in a dream (she had died two years ago) and told him to make sure he takes care of his father. Make sure that he spend enough time with his dad unlike the time he spent with his mom. The next day my husband went to work he is a plumber so he goes to lots of houses this one lady just out of the blue told him. What ever message your mom gave you last nite in your dream was very difficult for her, she had to a lot favors in heaven to give you that message so it is very important that we do what she says. My husband didnt even mention the dream to her. she just knew. He works at her house quite a bit now and she is always throwing stuff out there that happens to my husband. Its kinda freaky.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here it is 2009 and, based on the content of this thread, it's clear we 'modern' people are in the process of 'rediscovering' some things more 'primitive' cultures never lost track of.

I think it is no accident that every 'primitive' culture I know of, sometimes in quite significant ways, 'honors' the 'spirits' of their ancestors.

All of us who've been 'indoctrinated' into the modern 'state religion' known as 'science' tend to 'automatically' dismiss stories like these because 'science' says 'it cant be true.'

And why ? Because they can't 'measure' it. If the 'scientists' were honest about the situation they would admit there's lots of things their 'theories' cant account for, yet are still true.

Cold fusion comes immediately to mind ...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I want to stress that I'm not being rude when I say that, in my opinion, this says more about the human psyche and it's connection to the body than anything remotely spiritual. Why would anyone see this story as "proof" of supernatural? It seems that logic would point to the subconscious mind coming up to the surface during a dream to warn the conscious mind that a "code red" is happening. It's like (remotely) when I'm asleep and I need to get up the next day for something very important and I wake up suddenly 1 minute before my alarm goes off. Your mom's body new there was trouble, so it manifested images of her deceased father as a warning.
?
Anyone with me on this?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The dream was probably just her imagination. Sometimes pain can be very excruciating, so the Need to go to the hospital was necessary.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Interesting OP. Thanks for bringing these up.

My grandfather lived with us from the time I was 14-19. He at the time had Alzheimer's disease. We had gotten him an old style smaller television because of his condition he didn't understand remote controls and things of that nature. So we found him an old style television with buttons and no remote.

He had a habit of staying up all night and watching television. Thing is that he would turn on his television around midnight and the volume maxed out. I would wake up because my room is next to his and go in to turn the volume back down. I always told him something like, "Grandpa keep the sound down a little so everyone can sleep."

About a month after he had passed on I was awakened to the the television turning on to full volume. I go into his room and turn the volume down. Half asleep I gave him his speech and turned around and the corner of his bed was pressed down where he would sit and watch television. The bed lifted up.

A year later while driving some very rural back roads to York SC I came upon a fork in the road. The section to York was covered in rain and oil. My car slid across one road backwards, through metal poles the car could barely fit, across the grass divider, through another set of poles, passed the 2nd road and into the driveway on the other side like I was parking there. While going between the metal poles I swear for a split second I saw my grandfather sitting on the passenger side leaning over holding the wheel.

There was not a scratch on the car. An old man was sitting on his porch where I parked. He stood up and asked if I was ok. He said he had never seen anything like that before without someone dying. I sat on the porch with that old man while his wife brought me a glass of water letting me calm the nerves.

My Grandmother told us that she was going to die soon. She claimed to have had a dream where she was in a field gardening with her dead relatives and ex husband. Her mother took her gardening rake and told her to go back inside because it wasn't planting season yet but, soon. About a month later she had a stroke and died.

Do these mean anything? Who knows. Ancestors watching over us, some other spirit, figment of our imagination? Who knows, I try not to add names to things that are not all together known. Things are the way they are.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for sharing these personal stories that you all hold with such detail and obvious reverence. These glimpses into another reality or entities visiting our own give us first gratitude, then awe.

Many wonderful theories in this thread as well. I can agree 98% on those with themes of the actual family member was present in the dream (during events for others), there was an entity (interdiminsional?) taking the form of the loved one as to be more likely listened to, a primitave higher self activating as a warning system, even tribal people having these experiences during vision quests and the possibilites roll on and on.

Such an interesting topic to this ATSer. I've had odd/coincidental/peeks through the veil but none fit this thread.

All of these theories most assuredly a spiritual aspect that I'm guessing all of you who have actually experienced these will attest to...and I would imagine even invoking the memory will trigger a lingering spiritual sensation of some type....knowing you experienced 'something' quite out of the ordinary, a window into something rare for our human consciousness. The unexpected and unexplained. Beautiful.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
I'm a firm believer that we know little to nothing about what is truly out there making an impact on our lives, there are just so many possibilities but I'd like to think there is a force watching over us.

Maybe it's unknown because, it's not outside of you that is "looking out" for you.

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Your dream said, marc killed thad right?

Don't you think that's strange?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Thanks for all the replies.

I'm enjoying reading all your stories, please keep them coming.

And yes, I do admit as some posters have said that the 'vision' could have been self-induced by pain / fear etc. However, to me it seems a bit specific to be a product of the dream world.

Have you ever considered the thought that you are your grandfather?
We each get servings as we go along on the track of the world. We space our regeneration, so that the world is New always. Perhaps you don't recall yet, perhaps you never will...that's the beauty of it. What you don't re-member, you don't "Fore" get.

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
nice story and i have no doubt it too be 100% accurate and true.. whether it be your grandfathers spirit of a manifestation of God or Angels is speculative.. we know very little about the human psychie and how it chooses to cummunicate with the conscious mind and thereby choosing the image of your grandfather was most likely chosen for several reasons.

It would make me think twice about remaining agnostic though if i were you.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Interesting story,I do have one of my own to offer.
I was washing dishes at home one evening,while my wife was getting ready for work,I felt a strange sensation as if someone wrapped a rubber band around my right forearm,and suddenly decided I didn't feel like doing dishes.....
Later,I was walking my dogs.I started dragging my right leg,and lost the grip on my dogs leashes,I thought..Gee whiz,I sure am tired,look how I'm dragging my leg and dropping the dogs leashes...The dogs patiently waited for me to catch up with them.
As it turned out ,I was having a massive stroke which nearly killed me.The dogs who were not normally free to run without a leash were prone to run if not on the leash,they would normally head for the hills when they got loose,but they led me home.
I was living in the country at the time in wisconsin,it was bitter cold outside,and if the dogs had not led me home,I probably would have wandered off and frozen to death,I was so disoriented and confused,in such a state of altered consciousness that I had no idea anything was wrong,or where I was.
My wife at the time was a nurse and realised what was happening right away,I couldn't even talk,the dogs were dragging their leashes around the house,I had to urinate but couldn't unzip my pants,I didn't go in em BTW.....It was weird.
I have had other experiences also,but they happened when I was very young,and in the military,and not as strange as being led home by a couple of unruly dogs who suddenly stayed with me when I really needed them to lead me home.
I just wonder how in hell they knew what to do?.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
Here it is 2009 and, based on the content of this thread, it's clear we 'modern' people are in the process of 'rediscovering' some things more 'primitive' cultures never lost track of.

I think it is no accident that every 'primitive' culture I know of, sometimes in quite significant ways, 'honors' the 'spirits' of their ancestors.

All of us who've been 'indoctrinated' into the modern 'state religion' known as 'science' tend to 'automatically' dismiss stories like these because 'science' says 'it cant be true.'

And why ? Because they can't 'measure' it. If the 'scientists' were honest about the situation they would admit there's lots of things their 'theories' cant account for, yet are still true.

Cold fusion comes immediately to mind ...

visible you are soo right and on the right track man as an african i can tell you for sure that voodoo is the only true religion in the world but how modern people lost track of it is what im not sure of but im starting to discover how modern people lost track of it for instant i have a older brother hes older than me by 2 years and we were both born in africa and lived in a small village anyway he came to the the states before me when he was 10 years of age and i came when i was 11 years of age and our uncle just came from africa a week ago now anyway so yesterday we were arguing over the things we used to witness when we were younger things like voodoo wise like how for instant we have people from our tribes that could make them self invisible or kill a whole human being infront of your eyes and later only to see that same person that was killed walking towards you and thise all would happen like less than 8 minutes anyway so me and my brother has always argue over that i would try to explaine to him that its all true and that no tricks are involved but he will always try to bring science into it so being that our uncle lived in africa longer than us and he has witness alot more stuff us i asked him to please explaine it to my older brother and that guy still didn't believe my uncle anyways the point i was trying to make was that modern humans had lost track of the original believes that we all onced had because of ignorence they basically debunked their old believe system because they discovered science but the truth of the mater is science cant explaine everything in thise world there is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much that scientists dont know and cant explaine its not even funny until modern humans have a spiritual awakening they will continue to be lost now and the original believe system is what africans had never lost track of except for my older brother or who knows probably many more africans who move to different part of the world when they was younger not me even though i was 11 i still remember everything i guess some people's brains works differently lol

[edit on 8-4-2009 by The-3-Symbolz]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

In these matters it's always wise to use your gut for guidance. Don´t go for explanations of those who only can be rational about it.

I believe in stories like this because all my life people have told me different stories about their own experiences with those who passed away.

There always will be people that don't believe things like this realy can happen. They are wrong. Had my own experiences on this field to.

Thx for sharing your story!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
When I was 10 years old (1982) we were visiting our family in Ankara - Turkey.
The morning we actually wanted to fly back home my grandmother was basically begging us on her knees to stay a few days longer. She was horryfied by something but couldnt explain it any better than: I have a very bad feeling that something horrible will happen.

My parents gave in and we rebooked to a flight 3 days later.

During our late breakfast we had turned on the TV and the news stunned us.
Terrorists had launched a bomb in the middle of the Airport, right where we would have checked in for our flight.
8 people were killed and over 70 were injured.

Since that day I believe that there is more in this world than we can see with our eyes.

August 28. 1988 I attended the Ramstein Flugtag Airshow with some friends.
In the afternoon I suddenly craved Icecream - strange enough..because I usually dont like the Napolitano (Choclate-Strawberry-Vanilla)..but that moment my head told me: I WANT IT..and I want it NOW!

We left our spot and walked up a little hill... a few moments later I heard a huge explosion and smoke / fire darkened the sky.

If I wouldnt have craved that Icecream that very moment, my friends and I would have been struck down by debris of the crashed planes.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Susan_bba]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna Tengwesta
reply to post by fooffstarr

In these matters it's always wise to use your gut for guidance. Don´t go for explanations of those who only can be rational about it.

I believe in stories like this because all my life people have told me different stories about their own experiences with those who passed away.

There always will be people that don't believe things like this realy can happen. They are wrong. Had my own experiences on this field to.

Thx for sharing your story!

Indeed.

I've never doubted the story, because I know my mother wouldn't lie to me. It is a matter of knowing she believes it, but the cause of what she saw is another matter.

My gut tells me it may have been ghost-related but that clashes with me too, because as a rule I'm a non-believer in the whole afterlife thing.

Who knows? Life is for making mistakes and learning from them. If my belief is wrong I'm sure I'll find out eventually and be a better person for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join