It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians and JW'S READ !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Funny thing, is, it was a pagan holiday first....interesting how the christians erradicated the pagans, and all of a sudden this is a christian holiday...hmmm....interesting.....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by freeslave
Now as we read in these scriptures we can see that the Lamb was killed and eaten in the same night.

no it doesnt, it was killed and cooked in the evening on the 14th day.

evening would be the end of that day. so for them to eat the lamb after sundown means that the lamb was eaten on the beginning of the 15th

On the forteeth day,of the First month,at Midnight this occurred.This is crystal clear as to when it happened.

Exodus 12:29.And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

the main point you dont seem to get is that jewish days start at sunset. you persistently are ignoring this fact. even as i type this (thursday morning) it is STILL nisan 14th. because nisan 14th started yesturday at sunset.

exodus 12:[6] And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

if i were celebrating the passover, i would be making preparations now. not yesterday. now is when the daylight is the 14th. this evening is the evening of the 14th. so before sunset tonight i would be cooking the lamb. when the sun sets, it will be the 15th. i would be eating the lamb.

look up any time line.

15 Nisan - (1313 BCE) - The Exodus

* At midnight of Nisan 15 of the Hebrew year 2448 (1313 BCE), which 210 years after Jacob settled in Egypt and 430 years after the "Covenant Between the Parts," God is said to have visited the last of the ten plagues on the Egyptians, killing all their firstborn. Earlier that evening, the Israelites conducted the first "seder" of history, eating the roasted meat of the Passover offering with matzot and bitter herbs, and sprinkling the blood of the sacrifice on their doorposts as a sign that God will "pass over" their homes when inflicting the plague upon the Egyptians. Pharaoh's resistance to free them was broken, and he chased his former slaves out of the land. Several million people, 600,000 adult males, not including woman and children, and a large "mixed multitude" of non-Hebrews who joined them to leave Egypt on that day, and began the 50-day trek to Sinai awaiting the promised land.

The reason for this post was to establish beyond a shadow of a doubt when the true memorial/passover was.I do know it's on the fourteenth and not the fifteen.

you are right, it is celebrated on the 14th. the 14th is when all the work is done. its simply after sundown it is actually eaten. which is technically the 15th

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
The links you gave are clearly indicating that the WT is a day late, but I don't know if it's important or not.

I have attended them all but one in my 33 years.This year will be the second time I've missed.I see no reason to attend since it's not on the correct day.I had my own little memorial you might say.The best part was when I opened up the bible,It was right on the account in Mark.I always get excited when that happens.It doesn't happen too often though.

Jesus told his followers to take, eat. Only the WT feels that Jesus meant something else --Or do they know that perhaps by not taking and eating, there is some power which comes about? Perhaps by having a gathering whereby the attendees DENY the blood of Christ, some evil force is happy?

I've always wondered about that too.He did instruct us to partake in rememberance of him.The only place it says otherwise is in a letter Paul wrote to the congregation telling them not to eat and drink unworthily.

Perhaps you are proposing that something is up with the WT being a day late on their celebrations regarding Jesus' death?

When you're inviting millions of people to come celebrate something on the wrong day raises a red flag with me.I guess it kinda hit home for me a little bit more seeing as I have over 50 members in my family that are Witness'.I refuse to follow anyone on this earth in blind faith.I hunger for the truth but hardly see any truth out there these days.

The Jesus-Eucharist thing doesn't come up too much in the WT because they're all about Moses' YHWH god, but what is that god's origin?

YHWH was the God of Moses,and Abraham,and Isaac.He is also the same God that Elijah prayed to when He challenged the baal worshipers.A challenge to see who worshiped the living GOD.YHWH answered Elijah's prayer with fire from heaven.

He is also the one who spoke at the time of Christ baptism,saying "This is my son the beloved whom I have approved."

YHWH is the ALPHA and OMEGA.There was no beginning nor will there ever be an end to his Sovereign Theocracy.

peace and love to all

slave

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Originally posted by miriam0566

On the forteeth day,of the First month,at Midnight this occurred.This is crystal clear as to when it happened.

Exodus 12:29.And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

the main point you dont seem to get is that jewish days start at sunset. you persistently are ignoring this fact. even as i type this (thursday morning) it is STILL nisan 14th. because nisan 14th started yesturday at sunset.

Yes, I realize the Jewish day starts at evening.God's Angel passed over Egypt and struck down the first born at Midnight on the fourteenth of the first month.When would midnight be on the fourteenth?

Would they have to sprinkle the blood on the Doorpost before this?If so,They would have already eaten,rather than keep the food all day long.By midday on the 14 they were getting out of there as fast as they could.Which still wasn't too fast considering the amount of people and animals.I'm sure it would have been a wonder to witness.

exodus 12:[6] And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

if i were celebrating the passover, i would be making preparations now. not yesterday. now is when the daylight is the 14th. this evening is the evening of the 14th. so before sunset tonight i would be cooking the lamb. when the sun sets, it will be the 15th. i would be eating the lamb.

Since the Lamb was taken for preparation on the 10 th of the month,they had plenty of time to get things ready.I won't repeat what I have already previously posted.There is enough evidence,scriptural evidence.

look up any time line.

15 Nisan - (1313 BCE) - The Exodus

* At midnight of Nisan 15 of the Hebrew year 2448 (1313 BCE), which 210 years after Jacob settled in Egypt and 430 years after the "Covenant Between the Parts," God is said to have visited the last of the ten plagues on the Egyptians, killing all their firstborn. Earlier that evening, the Israelites conducted the first "seder" of history, eating the roasted meat of the Passover offering with matzot and bitter herbs, and sprinkling the blood of the sacrifice on their doorposts as a sign that God will "pass over" their homes when inflicting the plague upon the Egyptians. Pharaoh's resistance to free them was broken, and he chased his former slaves out of the land. Several million people, 600,000 adult males, not including woman and children, and a large "mixed multitude" of non-Hebrews who joined them to leave Egypt on that day, and began the 50-day trek to Sinai awaiting the promised land.

In matters as important as this I prefer the Bible or Torah as my reference.

you are right, it is celebrated on the 14th. the 14th is when all the work is done. its simply after sundown it is actually eaten. which is technically the 15th
The 15th is a day late no matter how you look at it.The evidence is there.Whether or not you choose to examine it and realize what is TRUTH is up to you.

peace and love

slave

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by freeslave

ill quote it again.

[7] And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.
[8] And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

if the day starts at sunset, then when would the evening of the 14th be?

you keep saying that there is no prove but the scripture is staring you in the face.

they would kill it and cook it in the evening of the 14th. this is not when the 14th starts, its when it ends.

the 14th would start at sundown. morning would come, afternoon, then in the evening (as the sun was setting) they would kill the lamb and cook it. after sunset, at night they would eat it, but the sunset marks the change to the 15th. the night of the 15th (beginning of the day) is when they ate. it also when the angel killed the firstborns. it was the next morning (morn of the 15th) that the isrealites left egypt.

you miscalculating because you are assuming that evening of the 14th is when the days starts, but its not, its when it ends

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Basically Miriam explained it really well, the actual physical part of the celebration the passing of the wine and bread and eating it as the case may be, takes place as soon as the Nisan 15 begins.

It would be like us celebrating an event at 12 midnight for the next day.
Like a married couple celebrating their marriage anniversary at 12 am instead 11 pm.
It's simple when you think of it like that.

As I write this post it is Nisan 14, when the sun sets it changes to Nisan 15.
But it still feels like the 14th to almost everybody because that's our perception of time.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by miriam0566

ill quote it again.

[7] And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.
[8] And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

Again I will ask,where do you get the 15 th out of this scripture.

you keep saying that there is no prove but the scripture is staring you in the face.

Yes the scripture is loud and clear concerning this.You still seem to dance around the Question.

Again I will post once more.
When is midnight on the 14 th?Based on what your saying It would be the 15 at midnight.This is false,it clearly says the forteenth at midnight.

Who are we to change the days to how we see fit,when the Answers are right there it front of us

Just as Blue Jay's signature says.....YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THE TRUTH,AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE-----John 8:32

peace and love

slave

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Sorry this got confusing, it's actually Nisan 13th and 14th.

Jesus died at close to the end of Nisan 14th around 3pm, the memorial was celebrated at the beginning of Nisan 14. By Nisan 15th Jesus was already dead.

Mark 15 verses 33-39

33And when the sixth hour (about midday) had come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour (about three o'clock).
34And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?--which means, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me [deserting Me and leaving Me helpless and abandoned]?
35And some of those standing by, [and] hearing it, said, See! He is calling Elijah!
36And one man ran, and, filling a sponge with vinegar (a mixture of sour wine and water), put it on a staff made of a [bamboo-like] reed and gave it to Him to drink, saying, Hold off! Let us see whether Elijah [does] come to take Him down.
37And Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed out His life.
38And the curtain [of the Holy of Holies] of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.
39And when the centurion who stood facing Him saw Him expire this way, he said, Really, this Man was God's Son!

Lord’s Evening Meal & The Time of the Christ's Death

The Passover was always observed on Nisan (Abib) 14, being on or near the day of full moon, inasmuch as the first day of every month (lunar month) in the Jewish calendar was the day of the new moon, as determined by visual observation. Therefore the 14th day of the month would be about the middle of a lunation.

The death of Jesus Christ took place in the spring, on the Passover Day, Nisan (or Abib) 14, according to the Jewish calendar. (Mt 26:2; Joh 13:1-3; Ex 12:1-6; 13:4) That year the Passover occurred on the sixth day of the week (counted by the Jews as from sundown on Thursday to sundown on Friday). This is evident from John 19:31, which shows that the following day was “a great” sabbath. The day after Passover was always a sabbath, no matter on what day of the week it came. (Le 23:5-7) But when this special Sabbath coincided with the regular Sabbath (the seventh day of the week), it became “a great one.” So Jesus’ death took place on Friday, Nisan 14, by about 3:00 p.m.—Lu 23:44-46.

Concerning the day of his death as reckoned on the Gregorian calendar, astronomical calculations show that there was an eclipse of the moon on Friday, April 3, 33 C.E. (Julian calendar), which would be Friday, April 1, on the Gregorian calendar. (Oppolzer’s Canon of Eclipses, translated by O. Gingerich, 1962, p. 344) Eclipses of the moon always occur at the time of full moon. This evidence strongly indicates that Nisan 14, 33 C.E., fell on Thursday-Friday, March 31–April 1, 33 C.E., on the Gregorian calendar.

It was on the evening before his death that Jesus observed his last Passover meal and afterward instituted the Lord’s Evening Meal. Even before the Memorial meal began, the traitorous Judas was sent out, at which time, according to the record, “it was night.” (Joh 13:30) Since the days of the Jewish calendar ran from evening of one day to evening of the next, the Lord’s Evening Meal was celebrated also on Nisan 14, on Thursday evening, March 31.

Based on this information, the proper celebration takes place today after sundown.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ok ~ you made me sick Paul on you...

Tell 'em Paul,

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Col 2:16-17

Ok Paul's done WWJD?

Did you guys ever wonder how Jesus could eat the passover meal as the last supper and yet be crucified the next day which was also passover?

I had a skeptic bring that up as a contradiction and I did some research. The Jews in Jesus' day had a similar controversy. :shk:

The Jews in the country celebrated passover the day before the Jews in Jerusalem - that's how he was able to eat the evening passover meal with his disciples and yet still fulfill his role as the passover lamb completing the prophetic part of the feast.

Like everything else its the heart that matters. The letter kills the spirit gives life.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
They are following the modern Jewish calendar. This link shows a calendar that the Jews follow, with respect to the Gregorian calendar. From it it looks like Nissan 15 is the Passover Evening, when they eat the lamb. I guess you have to challenge the modern day nation of Israel for the accuracy of their Passover date.

Jewish Calendar

This quote below was taken from the section titled The Exodus (1313 BCE).

At the stroke of midnight of Nissan 15 of the year 2448 from creation (1313 BCE), 210 years after Jacob settled in Egypt and 430 years after the "Covenant Between the Parts," G-d visited the last of the ten plagues on the Egyptians, killing all their firstborn. Earlier that evening, the Children of Israel conducted the first "seder" of history, eating the roasted meat of the Passover offering with matzot and bitter herbs, and sprinkling the blood of the sacrifice on their doorposts as a sign that G-d will "pass over" their homes when inflicting the plague upon the Egyptians.
www.chabad.org.../9/2009

Order of the Passover Offering seems to be Nissan 14, April 8th, (in the afternoon) by their website.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by lostinspace]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Concerning the day of his death as reckoned on the Gregorian calendar, astronomical calculations show that there was an eclipse of the moon on Friday, April 3, 33 C.E. (Julian calendar), which would be Friday, April 1, on the Gregorian calendar. (Oppolzer’s Canon of Eclipses, translated by O. Gingerich, 1962, p. 344) Eclipses of the moon always occur at the time of full moon. This evidence strongly indicates that Nisan 14, 33 C.E., fell on Thursday-Friday, March 31–April 1, 33 C.E., on the Gregorian calendar.

It was on the evening before his death that Jesus observed his last Passover meal and afterward instituted the Lord’s Evening Meal. Even before the Memorial meal began, the traitorous Judas was sent out, at which time, according to the record, “it was night.” (Joh 13:30) Since the days of the Jewish calendar ran from evening of one day to evening of the next, the Lord’s Evening Meal was celebrated also on Nisan 14, on Thursday evening, March 31.

Based on this information, the proper celebration takes place today after sundown.

Oh goodness! I just celebrated the "Last Supper" passover on the evening of the 7th! It's the correct date seeing that Jesus was crucified on the 14th of abib/nisan at midday which was when the traditional passover lamb was slaughtered before the main passover meal. Now according to your timeline of Jesus' crucifixion on 33CE, I always wondered why this date was so popular with JWs. Let me give you my chronology as I see it. Keep in mind that there were 2 sabbaths mentioned for the 3 days and 3 nights Jesus laid in the tomb. You mentioned the great sabbath but that refers to the Yearly Sabbath or High Day Sabbath which was the first day of unleavened bread. Here we go.

Tuesday, 14 nisan at sunset, 31CE:
Jesus Christ ate an evening passover meal with His disciples and instituted the New Covenant symbols (matthew 26:26-28). Jesus was betrayed by Judas, arrested and during the night brought before the high priest.

Wednesday, 14 nisan daytime, 31CE:
Jesus died around 3 pm (matthew 27:46-50). This was the preparation day for the ANNUAL, not weekly, sabbath, which began at sunset (mark 15:42, Luke 23:54, John 19:31). -before sunset- Jesus' body was placed in the tomb just before sunset (matthew 27:57-60).

Thursday, 15 nisan, 31CE:
Wednesday sunset to Thursday sunset was the high-day sabbath, the first day of Unleavened Bread (John 19:31; Leviticus 23:4-7). It is described as the day after the "Day of Preparation" (Matthew 27:62).

Friday, 16 nisan, 31CE:
The high-day sabbath now past, the women bought and prepared spices for anointing Jesus' body before resting on the weekly sabbath day which began at Friday sunset (Mark 16:1; Luke 23:56).

Saturday, 17 nisan, 31CE:
The women rested on the weekly sabbath, according to the Fourth Commandment (Luke 23:56; Exodus 20:8-11). Jesus rose near sunset, exactly three days and three nights after burial, fulfilling the sign of Jonah and authenticating the sign He gave of His messiahship.

Sunday, 18 nisan, 31CE:
The women brought the spices early in the morning while it was still dark (Luke 24:1; John 20:1), finding that Jesus had already risen (matthew 28:1-6; Mark 16:2-6; Luke 24:2-3; John 20:1). He did not rise on sunday morning, but near sunset the day before.

Good friday is a hoax made famous by the catholic church. Easter sunday is not even 3 days and 3 nights from good friday. He died on passover, which is different every year on the gregorian calendar. Other than your date of 33 CE, I do agree with your assessment. Jesus and the deciples ate a passover meal at the beginning of 14 nisan after sunset. He was jailed, beaten, crucified, and died all on the day of the 14th of nisan. The 3pm time was the normal time for jews to slaughter their lambs for passover. Miriam is right in the fact that they cooked the passover on the 15th while she failed to mention that the actual "Last Supper" was held on the 14th at sunset. This is the only reasonable way to look at these dates because, if Jesus was our passover lamb and He was slaughtered AFTER the Last Supper for the price of our sins, everything makes sense.

I also see where the OP is coming from too. I was very confused with the dates because the calendar said 15 nisan while the exodus and leviticus commands simply say the "evening of the 14th day" which lead me to believe the passover was observed at sundown (my interpretation of "evening") on the 14th day. Even Leviticus separates the 14th and 15th days, keeping them separate while the Jews of today celebrate Passover AS the first day of Unleavened Bread. Even the new testament mentions the feast of Unleavened bread and Passover being the same. Luke 22:1] "Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called Passover."

I personally celebrated yesterday around 2pm, which was the middle of the 14th day of nisan. This would be about the time Jesus would have been hanging on the cross for 1 or 2 hours. It seemed more suitable for the symbolism. The bread is His flesh while the red wine is His blood.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
A Friend of mine celebrated the memorial a day earlier than me. She is on the other side of the world.....still hurts my brain

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In my opinion, these days were important due to the energies of the sun and phases of the moon at the time of spring equinox and after it. The ancients knew there was powerful energies on certain days and religions and beliefs used these days to their own accord for their beliefs. Many cultures celebrate the new crescent moon, and the observance of the new moon and its phases after the spring equinox. Eventually, a bloody mess took over the observance of the moon and the energies of the cosmos. I think the true important for these days is a awareness between a person and the ALL/ONE of offering, forgiveness and thanks. Along with observance of planting and harvesting crops.

I think the most important thing to understand with the holy holidays is that the moon phase had to be observed...the phases of the moon mattered. The cosmos are more important then what credit gives.

LV

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Correction, the passover/unleavened bread Holy Days were on a full moon. The first Harvest moon of the season. All holy days revolve around the moon cycle. The Passover season which includes Passover and Unleavened Bread's 7 days begin with a full moon and the Feast of Tabernacles begins with a full moon.... the last of the Harvest season. Feast of Trumpets is on a new moon. Pentecost is on a half moon. All of these Holy Days are on moon halves. Either a New, Full or Half moon. The Hebrew calendar is based on the Lunar cycles which is why it's only 360 days for a year while the gregorian calendar system we use today is based on the solar cycle which is 365 days for a year.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
It was only written in stone by the finger of God

Unless they have found and opened the Ark (according to MYTH) in the last few hours, you have no proof that any tablets ever existed, let alone that they were gouged out by God's pinkie and handed to a 900 year old man standing by a burning bush.

Dates didn't change and when they did they didn't change monday into thursday they took 3 weeks out, friday has been friday since time began being recorded. the moved calendars for two Popes/Ceasers - Julian and Gregory and again they only changed the date no the day, this is historically documented and written down.

Really? Depends on where you lived and when.

Calendar

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

Correction, the passover/unleavened bread Holy Days were on a full moon. The first Harvest moon of the season. All holy days revolve around the moon cycle. The Passover season which includes Passover and Unleavened Bread's 7 days begin with a full moon and the Feast of Tabernacles begins with a full moon.... the last of the Harvest season. Feast of Trumpets is on a new moon. Pentecost is on a half moon. All of these Holy Days are on moon halves. Either a New, Full or Half moon. The Hebrew calendar is based on the Lunar cycles which is why it's only 360 days for a year while the gregorian calendar system we use today is based on the solar cycle which is 365 days for a year.

And where is the correction? The spring equinox has to occur first, then observance of the new moon to follow up for the Holy Holidays. I did say all holy holidays revolve around the cycle of the moon. Beginning with the new crescent observance that brings in the new yr., the holy holidays follow according to the phase of the moon. Not sure where you corrected me at? Care to further your correction? I never stated any particular holiday was on any certain moon phase, I only stated that they follow the cycle of the moon after the spring equinox.

My best,
LV

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I apologize. I was under the impression that you were saying the "NEW" moons were signified as starting the Holy Days. I stand corrected. Easter is measured by the first sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. Passover is the night before the full moon that represents the first day of Unleavened bread. Passover is correct while easter was adopted from paganism. Jesus died on passover and was resurrected 72 hours later on the third day of Unleavened bread.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Ok ~ you made me sick Paul on you...

Tell 'em Paul,

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Col 2:16-17

Ok Paul's done WWJD?

Did you guys ever wonder how Jesus could eat the passover meal as the last supper and yet be crucified the next day which was also passover?

I had a skeptic bring that up as a contradiction and I did some research. The Jews in Jesus' day had a similar controversy. :shk:

The Jews in the country celebrated passover the day before the Jews in Jerusalem - that's how he was able to eat the evening passover meal with his disciples and yet still fulfill his role as the passover lamb completing the prophetic part of the feast.

Like everything else its the heart that matters. The letter kills the spirit gives life.

You sic Paul on us with a misinterpretation my friend. Let me educate you because all you protestants and catholics always throw that verse out as to say "we don't' need the sabbath or the holy days because Paul said so!" First off, Paul was preaching to the Colossians which were part of a huge pagan community that was ridiculing the gentile christians of the land. Instead of worshipping the sun god on sunday, they worshipped God on saturday. Instead of eating unclean meats, they ate clean meats. Instead of the fertility orgy and drunkedness festivals of the pagans, they celebrated God's Holy Days. They were being mocked and persecuted for this so Paul was writing to them to tell them to keep their faith and to let no one judge them for their different practices that differ from pagan practices. History proves that. If Paul intended for it to mean we can eat unclean meats, worship on sunday instead of saturday, or to celebrate christianized pagan holidays instead of jewish Holy Days, then why is "KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" a recurring theme in the New Testament? In those commandments are the 4th (keep My sabbath day holy). Along with keeping the 10 commandments, christains are to keep all bylaws not associated with animal sacrifices (which Jesus replaced). Of these bylaws are the ones referring to the clean and unclean meats. Unclean meats weren't given to us as a temporary law, but were given to us to keep us healthy. If you research the unclean meats identified by the bible's guidelines, you will find that these unclean meats are bottom feeders, trash eaters, scavangers or gluttonous creatures. Their jobs are to clean the filth of the world. So Paul's message to the Colossians was not to do away with these commandments and bylaws, but to keep the faith for following God's commandments in a place filled with heathens.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Really and trully I dont believe in any calendar to go by. In fact the real way to tell when easter is, is by nature. If you watch the Pine trees, you will see they form a cross on easter every year. On the very top of the tree there is a cross. Just like come Christmas if you watch the animals you will know when the true Christmas is. Horses sleep standing up. yet on Christmas eve they kneel. In fact Christams was 2 weeks and 3 days early this year if you went by the calendar. We celebrate both. The marked and the true.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Excellent information here Loco.Thanks everyone for all the input and views.

I'm just trying to find answers in a world filled with lies.

I began looking into what "Yeahright and Bluejay posted about the calendar.That opened another door.

I had always believed and was told that the Jewish Calender was the most accurate calender.Maybe out oh them all in use it is.From what I've been reading though the actual way they figured days was on a yearly basis.

Some years had 12 months some had 13.There were 354-355 days a year.It all had to do with the moon phases,the calendar in the sky.

So that's where I'm at now......Studying the moon and ancient Jewish ways pre 1oo ce for figuring days.

again thanks all for the post.

peace and love to all

slave

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join