It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians and JW'S READ !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The Passover and Memorial of Christ death Starts Tuesday April 7 at sundown!

Over two thousands years ago our Savior and teacher gave us a great commandment.It was the last Supper with his Apostles.This also fell on the Passover.It was symbolized with unleavened bread and wine.

There are many that are misleading the people,they are making it hard to find truth and polluting the world with lies.Yes it is true.Satan has worked his way into every government,most politicians,and ninety-nine percent of organized religions in this world.It is his world temporarily.

I have gone to the memorial of Christ death every year,for many years.This year I received an invitation to go.The problem is,it's for April 9(Nisan15)After the Passover,I was astonished.

Numbers 28:16. And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the Lord.

So...The first Month is Nisan,on the fourteenth.Brothers and Sisters,That day starts tonight at Sundown .(April 7 sundown)The Jewish days start the evening before at sundown.

Don't Let false teachers or prophets lead you astray.This world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

TUESDAY April 7 Sundown 2009 ......Remember what Christ did for you!

Mathew 26
17. Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?

18. And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.

19. And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.

20. Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.

21. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

22. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?

23. And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! cit had been good for that man if he had not been born.

25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

26. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, band blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

27 .And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins

29.But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.

30. And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

31. Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered.

peace and love to all

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
exodus 12:[3] Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:
[4] And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.
[5] Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:
[6] And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

so on the tenth day, they were to select the lamb and keep it until the 14th day (nisan 14) where they are to cook it in the evening. (end of nisan 14th)

[8] And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

so they cook in in the evening of nisan 14th, but eat it after sundown "at night".

jewish days start at sundown. not at midnight. so they were to cook on the 14th, but eat on the 15th.

technically, its the same day, but because of the fact that sundown starts the day, the actual eating of the passover is done on the 15th.

jesus would have done the same. the passover would have been celebrated and prepared on the 14th, but it would have been eaten after sundown on the 15th.

i know its confusing, but before you go around accusing people of being false prophets, you really should do so indepth research first.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

[source] The death angel that killed the firstborn of both man and beast "passed over" at midnight on the fourteenth day of Abib. "And it came to pass, that at midnight Yahweh smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle" (Ex. 12:29).

If the children of Israel had waited to slaughter the lamb between midafternoon and sunset on the fourteenth day, all their firstborn would already have died, because it is written that the death angel came through at midnight (Ex. 12:29).Slaughtering the Passover lamb between midafternoon and sunset on the 14th would also demand that the death angel would have had to pass through at midnight on the fifteenth day of Abib, not the 14th, which also opposes Scripture. All Scriptures maintain that the Passover is on the fourteenth day of Abib. Not one verse in the Bible allows otherwise.[source]

Ben ha arbayim is from sunset to complete darkness.That is when it should be observed.

(quote)
So on the tenth day, they were to select the lamb and keep it until the 14th day (nisan 14) where they are to cook it in the evening. (end of nisan 14th)

[8] And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

so they cook in in the evening of nisan 14th, but eat it after sundown "at night".

jewish days start at sundown. not at midnight. so they were to cook on the 14th, but eat on the 15th.

technically, its the same day, but because of the fact that sundown starts the day, the actual eating of the passover is done on the 15th.

jesus would have done the same. the passover would have been celebrated and prepared on the 14th, but it would have been eaten after sundown on the 15th.(quote)

Every scripture making references says the day that was observed was the 14 day of the first month.This day is set in stone.It's not to be observed on the 15 th nor the 16 TH.

Nisan 15 is a High Holy Day,an annual Sabbath.

I too believe in researching in depth.I will sound with a loud horn too...waking up those slumbering when I see them being led falsely.Their a many who has the right heart,the ones whom the Almighty has chosen and that Christ has called and paid for in blood.

The truth is in there,search for yourselves.Don not put all your salvation into imperfect man.How many times Did the Israelites stray from God when he was dealing directly with them?No doubt satan had a hand in stumbling them.Is it so hard to fathom that he's not doing the same today?He knows destruction will soon be upon him and he wants to take as many with him as possible!

The memorial of Christ death DOES NOT Occur April 9(which would be Nisan 16 at sundown)

Put on the complete armor Of God.We'll all need it to fight this war coming.

Let us not forget the trials and persecutions Christ endured on our behalf.He died so that we may live.He was tortured so that we may live.He was resurrected to the right hand of GOD,and will soon judge this earth.

Above all Love Yahweh,love your neighbor,this will be identification of being a follower.Christ showed unimaginable love for man when he Prayed for those whom were persecuting him as he was hanging there.

I am no prophet nor Rabbi nor Priest,just a humble slave.(dust)

Peace and Love to all

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Okay I'm prepared to be slagged. The specific day itself is irrelevant. It makes absolutely no difference. If as a Christian you have Christ in your heart and are of the spirit it matters not. And it certainly doesn't matter if you aren't Christian. People get so caught up in the superficial aspects of the ceremony of it all, they sometimes lose sight of the core message.

The calendar has been altered enough over the past 2,000 years I don't think anyone can state exactly what days and dates correspond to which days and dates going back to antiquity without a Cray computer and the appropriate program.

Anyone think God cares whether you honor something on the 12th day of today's April or the 23rd day of antiquity's August? It matters what's in your heart every day. It ain't Canasta. There's not a score pad. Well, maybe there is, but it's nothing we have access to and probably wouldn't understand it if we did.

I think it's interesting as an intellectual and historical exercise to examine those aspects of the Bible, but to think it really matters in the spiritual grand scheme whether something is observed one day vs another (in my opinion) tells me that someone is missing the point.

Do what makes you comfortable, but thinking God is judging people based upon which specific days they observe what is way off the mark IMHO. People do that, not God.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

This chart helps to explain it, it's interesting that this can be in either April or March, and changes date every year to match the Jewish calender, so it is very accurate.

This year it is April 9 which equals Nisan 14, the after sundown is the critical time part of the celebration, that Miriam alluded to in her post.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Okay I'm prepared to be slagged. The specific day itself is irrelevant. It makes absolutely no difference. If as a Christian you have Christ in your heart and are of the spirit it matters not. And it certainly doesn't matter if you aren't Christian. People get so caught up in the superficial aspects of the ceremony of it all, they sometimes lose sight of the core message.

Yeahrite...I do see your point of view.I myself feel it is a sacred time.I feel that the Israelites were commanded to Keep the Passover for it is written.It was to be a rememberance of what Yahweh had done for them.
Christ's last supper was also on this night.He told his apostles to keep doing this in rememberance of him.If these days were irrelevant we wouldn't have been commanded to observe them every year.

Anyone think God cares whether you honor something on the 12th day of today's April or the 23rd day of antiquity's August? It matters what's in your heart every day. It ain't Canasta. There's not a score pad. Well, maybe there is, but it's nothing we have access to and probably wouldn't understand it if we did.

Do what makes you comfortable, but thinking God is judging people based upon which specific days they observe what is way off the mark IMHO. People do that, not God.

That was rather funny about the scorecard.....

I do agree that God will be Judging on many things.How we live are lives.The different paths we choose.He will also judge us on our thoughts or what's in our hearts and many other things as well.

Blue_Jay....That is an interesting calender but I see no reference to days.And yes,you are absolutely correct when you say it is different every year.

Here are a few reference sites that has Jewish calenders.

calendar.zoznam.sk...

antipas.net...

www.abdicate.net...

I am in no way condemning anyone on their beliefs,I'm no ones judge.There are already too many in the world that do just that.

Thanks for all the comments and views

Peace and love to all

[edit on 02/03/2009 by freeslave]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by freeslave

I'm all about the sacred. My point wasn't that the observances are irrelevant but that the specific days were, because we really can't know what the specific date is supposed to be. Some claim to have figured it out and may or may not be right. I really believe that people get way too caught up in the minutiae only to lose sight of the big picture.

Yes, keep a remembrance of Christ and his words and deeds. But his importance is just as great on July 18th as it is on any day in March or April.

It seemed to me that the point of your thread was there was something inherently evil about somehow hitting the wrong day for a remembrance. I just happen to disagree.

And don't take it personally - I disagree with almost everybody.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Traditions of men. I guess when Jesus gave 2 conditions on how to follow the commandments of god properly you thought he meant those 2 things, plus all the things men say?

I'll be doing nothing different on either of those days, and IMO if this is the kind of stuff you worry about in terms of religion, your priorities are completely out of wack.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's a great discussion to try and pick out specifics in the bible, and I acknowledge and appreciate the work of biblical scholars and historians, however, I believe that the point is that we recognize what Jesus did for us on the cross and why we are here. As long as we recognize that, what is the difference between a few days?

If you were a false prophet, would you prevent anybody from acknowledging Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior by simply off-setting the date of the passover by a few days?

My 0.02$ anyways
God Bless

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

God don't care about the day huh? Is that your professional interpretation or a guess? And God rested the 7th day and MADE IT HOLY, think it's ok to not honor God's LAW? It was only written in stone by the finger of God, but I am sure someone can spin it some way.

Dates didn't change and when they did they didn't change monday into thursday they took 3 weeks out, friday has been friday since time began being recorded. the moved calendars for two Popes/Ceasers - Julian and Gregory and again they only changed the date no the day, this is historically documented and written down.

Shalom to all those on this Pascha! May YHVH Bless you!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

I still don't see mention of the day being so important. Sounds like a tradition of men to me.

17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Isn't mentioned there. I don't see him mention it ever. Care to point out where he mentions these important dates?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly. It is the spirit of the law and Word of God that is important.

Jesus Himself, said that in the following excerpts:

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." (Matthew 7:1-5 RSV)

"Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. Thus, when you give alms, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your alms may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you. And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you." (Matthew 6:1-6 RSV)

"Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, "Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat." He answered them, "And why do you transgress the Commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? For God commanded, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him surely die.' But you say, 'If any one tells his father or his mother, What you would have gained from me is given to God, he need not honor his father.' So, for the sake of your tradition, you have made void the word of God. You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said: 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me; in vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.'" (Matthew 15:1-9 RSV)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Isn't mentioned there. I don't see him mention it ever. Care to point out where he mentions these important dates?

luke 22:19 key words.... Do this in remembrance of me

www.biblegateway.com...:19;&version=50;

and so we do

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

God don't care about the day huh? Is that your professional interpretation or a guess? And God rested the 7th day and MADE IT HOLY, think it's ok to not honor God's LAW? It was only written in stone by the finger of God, but I am sure someone can spin it some way.

Dates didn't change and when they did they didn't change monday into thursday they took 3 weeks out, friday has been friday since time began being recorded. the moved calendars for two Popes/Ceasers - Julian and Gregory and again they only changed the date no the day, this is historically documented and written down.

Shalom to all those on this Pascha! May YHVH Bless you!!!

Someone seems to have misplaced that stone!

I sure would love to see it should it ever turn up.

Frankly with such importance attached to it, I am kind of mystified as to how said stone got misplaced.

Please let me know if someone finds this stone.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by theindependentjournal

I still don't see mention of the day being so important. Sounds like a tradition of men to me.

17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Great scripture...I've always liked this particular example.In these scriptures it shows us how we are to act,becoming footstep followers of Christ.

Now....If you'll notice this was during his ministry when this man approached him.Most likely he was a Jew,therefore he would have already known about the Passover celebration.

Christ didn't give us this NEW Command until the Evening before his death.

Just as Great Day stated.....""Luke 22
19.And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20.Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you. ""

This also represented a new covenant he established.

ProfEmeritus......Three excellent examples of Humility and not Judging.That's what I love about the bible.It's so powerful......Who are we to judge?

Someone seems to have misplaced that stone!

I sure would love to see it should it ever turn up.

Frankly with such importance attached to it, I am kind of mystified as to how said stone got misplaced.

Please let me know if someone finds this stone.

If the stone was in front of you would you believe then?

peace be unto all

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by freeslave

i took a look at the sites you posted.

There is no way for today's "cultural" Hebrews to get around the fact that Orthodox Jews completely reject the specific requirement of observing The Passover on the beginning of the 14th day. Having been ordained by the God of Abraham, The Passover is commanded to be kept, faithfully, on the 14th day by all who CLAIM to be believers in the God of Abraham.

So, there is no excuse today for confusing the 14th day Passover Feast with the 15th day Unleavened Bread Feast. There is no GOOD Biblical reason for holding a Passover Seder, or any part of a Passover celebration, on the 15th day of Nisan.

its funny that he says things like "there is no way" for them "to get around". yet i showed a scripture that proves him flat wrong.

the passover is not to be celebrated at the beginning of the 14th, the lamb is cooked at the end. it is eaten on the beginning of the 15th. dont believe me? read the scripture in exodus i quoted

your other sites also are correct, but they neglect to mention that the day STARTS on the evening. so they list nisan 15th as corresponding with april 9, but they fail to note that the day starts on thursday evening.

you assume that thursday evening is the 16th

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day

luke 22:19 key words.... Do this in remembrance of me

www.biblegateway.com...:19;&version=50;

and so we do

Sorry, I'm not seeing it.

19And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

I understand what you are getting at, in terms of keeping remembrance, and I also understand that they prepared passover and all that. But I fail to see where it is so important to keep a certain day like the OP is going on about.

But I do have an entirely different viewpoint on his death than Christians and honestly don't care for the practice in general.

Anyway, I just don't see why a certain date is so important in this and so forth even with those verses.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
First, let me say hello to my fellow Jewish brothers and sisters in Christ. One day we shall all be with our Lord together in peace and in His love. As to the date, a good encouragement is to read from Romans 14 where it talks about who honors what day and why. To each one is granted the grace of God as God accepts them both. For my Jewish family, there is much we gentile Christians can learn from your knowledge of scripture so be encouraged, we hear you. And from us gentile Christians, perhaps the comfort of simply knowing that Christ loves us and has saved us from all our errors and ways through his grace. Yours was the promises of God and of Abraham, and we were grafted in through the grace of Christ to receive them too. So we are family. Let us give God the praise for this and rather rejoice this passover together for this great thing God has done through His Son Jesus Christ. To all who are in Christ, I bless you all.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i]Originally posted by miriam0566

its funny that he says things like "there is no way" for them "to get around". yet i showed a scripture that proves him flat wrong.

Here is the scripture you Quoted Miriam.

Exodus 23:3.Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

4.And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.

5.Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:

6.And ye shall keep it up until the fourteuntil the fourteenth tenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

7.And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.

8.And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

Now as we read in these scriptures we can see that the Lamb was killed and eaten in the same night.

What if Moses had told the Israelites the exact time to prepare,then some of the other leaders would have told them to wait till the 15th.
Would it have been worth risking the life of your firstborn?

On the forteeth day,of the First month,at Midnight this occurred.This is crystal clear as to when it happened.

Exodus 12:29.And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

One more reference for times concerning Holy days.

Leviticus 23:27Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

28And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God.

29For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.

30And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.

31Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

32It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

In this scripture it goes into more detail as to how we view the days.

Christ is the same yesterday as he is today,and will be tommorrow.

The reason for this post was to establish beyond a shadow of a doubt when the true memorial/passover was.I do know it's on the fourteenth and not the fifteen.

You do bring up a good point Miriam about the Calender.April 9th would still be between the 15-16.One of the two depending on how you look at it.

Look at how the Early Christians were dealt with right after Jesus.Read how those followers were killed.Now look around the world today at the religions that have grown so much.Are we to believe satan is become lax.Not in the least bit..Rather he's using every tool he has to draw attention away from the Almighty.He is like a roaring lion,seeking to devour us.

Thanks for all the input.

There were many encouraging posts.

peace and love to all.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The links you gave are clearly indicating that the WT is a day late, but I don't know if it's important or not. Seems like this has been going around in history and they have a different name for it which is never mentioned in WT education schools: Eucharist. It's funny how they'll raise infants to hate the Catholics but never discuss the terms and beliefs therein. Seems like their "memorial" is somehow connected to the Eucharist:

wiki/Nisan_14

Neither Polycarp nor Anicetus was able to persuade the other to his position, but neither did they consider the matter of sufficient importance to justify a schism. Indeed, Irenaeus also noted that "Anicetus conceded to Polycarp in the Church the celebration of the Eucharist, by way of showing him respect"; Anicetus and Polycarp parted in peace leaving the question unsettled.[4][5]

But who cares about discussions of cannibalism and all that? Jesus told his followers to take, eat. Only the WT feels that Jesus meant something else --Or do they know that perhaps by not taking and eating, there is some power which comes about? Perhaps by having a gathering whereby the attendees DENY the blood of Christ, some evil force is happy?

It is interesting to contemplate a second type of last supper hapening AFTER this Jesus had been killed. One that somehow memorializes Regicide if you will. Perhaps you are proposing that something is up with the WT being a day late on their celebrations regarding Jesus' death?

The Jesus-Eucharist thing doesn't come up too much in the WT because they're all about Moses' YHWH god, but what is that god's origin? Well, if they are right and the Eucharist was meant to sit there on a plate and be passed around (denied) by most parties present, then yes, their God will kill us all.

It is odd that the WT tries to convince people on such a grand scale, that Jesus was not making a covenant with humanity, but with just a few select thousand people. I do not agree with that. I think he was talking to all of us and to simply eat a meal to remember him. Let's remembe that he fed people with fishes and didn't see the need to ritualize that, so why all the pomp and idiocy about the Eucharist?

I think the WT have streamlined it, but excluding 99% of humanity (or having 99% of humanity perform an inverted ritual) is not the way to show a Christ-like spirit.

Nor do I believe Jesus wanted to created an invisible post-Armageddon heirarchy such as the WT proposes. It is simply not Christian to teach such things, in my opinion, which in their opinion, is Satanic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join