It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted in South Harrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a strange looking anomaly in this photo taken March 31 , 09 in a place called south harrow. the person that took the photo said the possible ufo appeared thru the clouds and then traveled above at high speed.

A mysterious light in the skies above South Harrow has been captured on film by an amateur photographer.

The unidentified flying object appeared through the clouds at about 7.45pm on March 31 and was snapped by computer network engineer Ahmad Zaigham.

Mr Zaigham posted the picture on website Flickr where he said that he had spotted the alien ship out his window.

He said: "The light coming from this thing is something I have never seen the like. I don't think any aircraft has a light like this.

"And moments after this shot the object seemed to quickly fade in light and travel above at high speed. I did not hear any loud sound but I did hear a whistle kind of sound. I am still shocked."

Mr Zaigham said he may pass the picture on to Nasa.

www.harrowobserver.co.uk...

what do you think ?

UFO or just the Sun peeking thru the clouds ?

[edit on 7-4-2009 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Right... good luck with that.

Nice picture, it could be anything. Supporting eyewitnesses would help corroborate his story.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Right... good luck with that.

Nice picture, it could be anything. Supporting eyewitnesses would help corroborate his story.

thanks tezzajw

your right , it could be anything and i am sure passing it along to NASA would be a worthless effort.

it kinda reminded me of these...

London UFO's

www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 7-4-2009 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
What i don't get is, if aliens are so sophisticated that they can travel all the way to earth... Then why don't they turn off their lights when they get here so we can see them?

Surely if they wanted to be seen that much they would make a bigger statement than just lights in the sky, and im sure they must know how to hide their ships from eye site.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think what we see here may be sunlight shining through a crack in the clouds, like in this photo of what is called crepuscular rays:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b8e111adab8.jpg[/atsimg]
cloudappreciationsociety.org...

This phenomena also has more poetic names, like "God's fingers", "Ropes of Maui", "Sun drawing water" and "Jacob's Ladder".

Crepuscular rays, in atmospheric optics are rays of sunlight that appear to radiate from a single point in the sky. These rays, which stream through gaps in clouds or between other objects, are columns of sunlit air separated by darker cloud-shadowed regions. The name comes from their frequent occurrences during crepuscular hours (those around dawn and dusk), when the contrasts between light and dark are the most obvious.

There are three primary forms of crepuscular rays:
- Rays of light penetrating holes in low clouds (also called "Jacob's Ladder").
- Beams of light diverging from behind a cloud.
- Pale, pinkish or reddish rays that radiate from below the horizon. These are often mistaken for light pillars.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4bd255be6fe4.jpg[/atsimg]what? had nothing better to do

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Too me it look far too neat tobe just sun rays through clouds.
but it could be a weather thingy, i dunno.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Looks to me like a long exposure of a police helicopter with its NightSun switched on.

Could be wrong, I suppose, but this link has a similar pic with description:

www.flickr.com...@N06/3313598980/

Try This instead:

farm4.static.flickr.com...

Edit: sorry can't figure out how to get the link to work. The @ in the url is screwing it up.

[edit on 7/4/09 by evolve]

[edit on 7/4/09 by evolve]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Maybe a reflection of an interior light on the window? He does say he was indoors and the addition of hearing a whistling noise seems somehow odd. Maybe just me
Harrow has quite a population and a bright light in daylight would elicit more attention?

Glad I checked that last point because I just found this..

However after checking the Flickr account in question it struck me as a little suspicious that Mr Zaigham is a member of a multitude of UFO orientated Flickr groups, has a sound photographic knowledge and high-end photography equipment and yet only managed one image of the object, which when coupled with the fact that (as quoted above) the first line of the description states somewhat unequivocally that Mr Zaigham believes the object is indeed an, ?Alien ship?.
Clinky

Here's the guy'sFlickraccount.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

That's an interesting effect. Here's his Flickr stream:

www.flickr.com...

Here's the picture:

www.flickr.com...

Unfortunately low resolution. Unfortunately no EXIF data. I'm somewhat familiar with most of the kit he lists in his profile other than the digital compact, and it isn't something I've seen or heard about the D90 on various Nikon forums.

I don't think it's a camera or lens effect.

Here's what we know from his description:

UFO sighted in South Harrow London by SHUTTER-MOORGH.
This Alien ship i spotted outside my window on the 31st march 2009 at 7:45:57 pm. The light coming from this thing is something
i have never seen the like. i dont think any aircraft has a light like this. And moments after this shot the object seemed to quickly fade in light and travel above at high speed. i did not hear any loud sound but i did hear a whistle kind of sound. i am still shocked

Unlike him I don't presume alien or craft.

I would very much like to here what OZweatherman has to say, just because it's clouds, it's the sky, and possibly meteorological. I've U2U'd him.

If it's crepuscular rays (that was my first thought) it seems to be a very extreme and atypical case.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

In my experience with reflections there's usually an absence of anything like rays that suggest interaction with the atmosphere. It's possible, I haven't seen every example of reflections, but if it were a straight out fake I suspect Photoshop rather than reflections. Looking at the picture I suspect it's being resized with sharpness in mind or had sharpening applied (which isn't a good thing in this case because it could create false hard edges).

When it comes to seeing weather and aerial phenomena I'm consistently surprised how few people notice or care, so for me it's not out of the realms of possibility that people didn't notice, or didn't care enough to comment. People look up surprisingly little in my experience, which is why they often confuse mundane things with UFOs, through lack of experience.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

[member edit removed]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by reject]

[Mod Note: Do Not edit Staff comments or actions]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Starred and flagged BTW. It's an interesting puzzle.

Unlike many UFO (I mean that in its most neutral sense) photos we've got a Who, Where and When.

Now all we need is a Why

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Hiya Jack, I did consider the way it looks like an atmospheric effect. Photos are your field of interest and know a damn sight more than I do. I had a brief dalliance with amateur photography years ago. Olympus OM30, great fun! I know less now than I did then...sigh...

I was considering that the angle/ interpretation of the 'atmospheric effect' is sort of dictated by the framing of the image. What I'm trying to say is that the camera wasn't necessarily being held squarely. The impression is of diagonal rays when they could in fact have been vertical. Can digital cameras use filters like the old SLRs? I recall a filter that was a striated diffuser (can't remember actual term).

You make a fair point that most people don't look up, but look at his image on the Flickr account. That's a very bright object. Rather than looking up, it would be eye-catching and the lights look like Police spotlights. Harrow is quite flat urban.

BTW that was some good work you, Nablator and Eaxtreme did on the UFO vid thread. It was like CSI all over again

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

High quality film, even today, is in some ways superior to sensor based photography. Particularly, I think, when it comes to the dynamic range of film vs. digital. That's a red-button debate in the photo community, but someone with a cheap second hand manual focus film SLR from a thrift shop can produce pictures as good as a $5000 full frame DSLR. That annoys a lot of kit junkies

You raise an interesting point about the filter. I suspect I was too quick to rule that out. I don't think that's the case, but it should be kept out there as a possibility.

Re: the UFO vid thread, the great shame about that was the reaction from Mike (the person who took the video), because none of us were sure we were right, and he took it personally.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well what ever it is it has now been reported by a well respected paper.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Looks like long exposure of copter lights:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed57c5e1daf7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

The way it often works is that weird and wonderful stories from the regional press, are recycled via news wires (often from the PA Press newswire in the UK). In that regarded it doesn't matter how well respected a newspaper is. If it wasn't added automatically, it's likely an online editor cut and paste it from a syndicated news wire.

When it comes to weird and wonderful syndicated stories journalists mostly do less checking than people on ATS. Their reporting of serious subjects often isn't much better either.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Cheers for that,it all makes sense now.I should have known.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Starred. That would make sense - a light trail, presumably with a searchlight or other vertical directed light - given the length of the 'object', and the exposure of the surrounding sky, it doesn't look like that long an exposure, presumably because it was not too dark outside.

If that turns out to be true that's very deceitful of him, because it would need a tripod (unless the helicopter was moving very quickly), and he's framed it so that there's a curtain or something in shot, presumably to add to its authenticity as a spontaneous shot.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jackphotohobby]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join