It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Lizzie Borden Took an Axe . . ."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Lizzie Borden took an axe,
And gave her mother forty whacks,
When she saw what she had done,
She gave her father forty-one.

Actually,the Bordens received only 29 whacks, not the 81 suggested by the famous ditty, but the popularity of the above poem is a testament to the public's fascination with the 1893 murder trial of Lizzie Borden.

Source

Nearly everyone is familiar with this little ditty; further, most also know the original house where the infamous murders took place has now been turned into a Bed and Breakfast. Many, however, are not aware that the house is available for private party rental.

Being mostly retired now, I am in a position to better pursue both hobbies and interests. I have neither the time constraints nor daily responsibilities which would preclude travel. Many of my current interests lean toward the Paranormal; various of these include UFOs, Psychic Phenomena, and Spiritual (Ghostly) Manifestations. Therefore, I am considering a casual and informal 2-day research project at the Borden House sometime late fall as availability may allow.

The purpose of this Thread is essentially that of research planning. I am admittedly an amateur at this sort of actual (non-armchair) research and am hoping that I may receive some valuable tips from members here as to set-up and testing in order that I achieve as much as possible during this 2-day adventure. I do have access to video cameras and sound recording equipment; however, this will not, in itself, be completely adequate.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and I would certainly love to hear from persons who may have visited the location in the past.

I am aware that this property has been featured on several documentary-type programs in the last several months (repeats from 2004 - 2008):

The Sci-Fi Channel Ghost Hunters "TAPS" team investigated the Lizzie Borden house for paranormal activity in episode 12 of season 2.

On January 23, 2007, the Crime & Investigation Network aired a documentary on the Lizzie Borden story.

In 2004, the Discovery Channel aired an investigative documentary called Lizzie Borden Had an Axe. In the episode, a pair of detectives used modern forensics to exonerate Sullivan and prove Lizzie could have been the killer.

In 2008, The History Channel's series MonsterQuest visited the Borden home looking for ghosts.

The Travel Channel's show Scariest Places on Earth featured the Borden home as the #1 most scary place on earth.

The Lizzie Borden Minis is a series of short documentaries produced by Garden Bay Films and filmed at 92 Second Street where the Borden murders occurred in 1892.

en.wikipedia.org...

While I did find most of those presentations to be quite interesting, I do not propose any investigation of that particular magnitude. I do wish to make clear that I would like to be as methodological and professional as possible; however, this little project is first and foremost designed as a personal and enjoyable adventure.

Please post any comments or suggestions you may have to help make this both a productive and memorable event. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Can you see me green with envy from here!

Have a wonderful time, and Good Hunting!

Can’t wait to hear what you find and I hope your time spent there is truly memorable and productive.

peace

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for the good wishes.

I certainly anticipate both preparations and event. Hopefully, it will be productive, but at any rate, it will be memorable!

new topics

join