It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Checkpoint Operation in Tennessee Violated Posse Comitatus, Fourth Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Massive Checkpoint Operation in Tennessee Violated Posse Comitatus, Fourth Amendment

www.infowars.com

On April 3, [...] the decision of the Tennessee Governor’s office to call off an illegal seat belt checkpoint operation that was scheduled to be conducted by the Whiteville police with DHS and military participation on April 4. - Earlier today on the Alex Jones Show, Tennessee Representative Johhny Shaw admitted he was unaware of the planned operation. He also said Governor Phil Bredesen did not know the DHS and military planned to collaborate with local police in Shaw’s district in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.

www.infowars.com... .mp3

Shaw’s admission state government was unaware of the scheduled checkpoint is more evidence the feds are contacting local police agencies directly without going through the state or informing them of operations that are in violation of the law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Checkpoints should be reserved for guilty people. We haven't done half as many bad things as the government has done to us. We're not slaves, and we shouldn't be treated as if we live in a prison.

They have no right to touch us or our possessions, no matter how many ridiculous fiat-law enforcers think we ought to be screened & scanned by their minions.

www.infowars.com

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The sad thing this is my state and this has got to be the most stuppid this thing i've ever heard" we feel it is for the safety of the people. what kind of crap are they feading these people in law inforcement. there is no excuse these people doing this know the law in the constitution, and know posse comitatus there is no excuse. they keep this up and sombody might windup getting hirt.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by crawgator406

I know what you mean. They have no authority to control our movements. The taxpayers paid for those roads, not to be treated like illegal-immigrants (which have enough trouble getting past their own Nazi-like police officers in their homelands).

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Like usual people are misinterpreting the Posse Comitatus Act as there are plenty of loop holes in the current version to allow something like this. The Airforce base likely has some sort of local agreement for helping out with local law enforcement operations.
Plus they aren't giving us all of the facts here to begin with so we cannot make a proper judgment call at this time.
I want some more sources before we get this next round of fear-mongering going.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
Like usual people are misinterpreting the Posse Comitatus Act as there are plenty of loop holes in the current version to allow something like this. The Airforce base likely has some sort of local agreement for helping out with local law enforcement operations.
Plus they aren't giving us all of the facts here to begin with so we cannot make a proper judgment call at this time.
I want some more sources before we get this next round of fear-mongering going.

I was going to say that, but this is the federal Air Force, not the Air National Guard or any force under the state governor. Therefore, it's a violation of Posse Comitatus, sadly.

Like usual, you're misinterpreting the Posse Comitatus Act.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by News And History

Checkpoints should be reserved for guilty people. We haven't done half as many bad things as the government has done to us. We're not slaves, and we shouldn't be treated as if we live in a prison.

They have no right to touch us or our possessions, no matter how many ridiculous fiat-law enforcers think we ought to be screened & scanned by their minions.

www.infowars.com

What a ridiculous statement "Checkpoints should be reserved for guilty people"

Can you explain how would that work?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
ok so! Now that this has been exposed, what is going to happen? Are they going to continue in this constitutional vioaltion? or are they backing out? i hope some officials head is gunna roll for this..

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Didn't they bury posse along time ago? If it's buried then they can't brake it.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The purpose of he checkpoints is to check for seatbelt violations. Everytime they find one, they write a ticket, generating money for the state. The use of the military is probably free for the state, and thus all the revenue goes into the state coffers. A lot of states are doing this bnow. If an officer passes you, sees that you are not wearing your seatbelt, then he has the right to pull you over, and right a ticket.
But the use of the military in checkpoints is a violation ot the posse commitatusn act. This needs to be reviewed by the courts, immediately.

top topics

join