It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the fellow dog lovers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If you look to your left you will see my pooch Aeromuss. When I got him I was told he was a Johnson Breed, American pit bull. Now I have researched and never have found anything about the breed. I really could care less what breed he is as he is not registered with the AKC or anything. Was just wandering if anyone else has any information or at least heard of this breed of American Pit Bulls.

Another pic

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Hey Ant,

I don't mean to convey that I know what breed your dog is but are you sure it's an American Pitt Bull ...

... and not an American Bulldog:

They're quite similar.

Edit: The AB picture is almost identical to the one in your avy.

[edit on 6 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I was told that he was an American Pit. I have just been trying to find out if this Johnson breed is a legitimate breed of dog is all. I believe he is nothing more than an American Bulldog.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

I believe he is nothing more than an American Bulldog.

You don't have to say it like that.

American Bulldogs are an exceptional breed. They are kind, affectionate, loyal, protective, gentle, well you know, you have one.

I absolutely love that breed.

I have an English Bulldog because I'm lazy and I enjoy obstinance and snoring.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
double post removed

[edit on 6-4-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Whatever he is, he's beautiful!

I used to have one of those balls on a rope and hung it on my tree, but my dogs wouldn't have nothing to do with it. I ended up putting it in my birdcage. The birds had fun with it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Sorry it came out the wrong way. I meant to say it as I believe he is only an American Bulldog. That is fine with me he could be a mangy mutt and I would still love him. I have been around several pit bulls and ABs and they are my favorite breed of dog for the reasons you listed.

Me pops had an American English pit when I was born. Throw the markings of your dog onto a pit and that's what it looked like. No under bit though

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Well thank you Vir and SDog if I forgot to mention it. He only plays with it if I am close I had to get someone else to take the picture. He stay under me bum.

He actually is kind of a rescued dog. The people that breed this supposed breed of dog put any of the puppies to sleep if they don't meet their criteria.
I know. To think I almost missed out on this beautiful animal and all the other people who have missed out on ones like him.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
reply to post by virraszto

Well thank you Vir and SDog if I forgot to mention it. He only plays with it if I am close I had to get someone else to take the picture. He stay under me bum.

He actually is kind of a rescued dog. The people that breed this supposed breed of dog put any of the puppies to sleep if they don't meet their criteria.
I know. To think I almost missed out on this beautiful animal and all the other people who have missed out on ones like him.
another great reason to never buy from irrisponsible and heartless breeders.

What ever breed your dowgy is, he's a beaut. When I got my dog in January, they said he was a Staffordhire Bull Terrier, but he's blatently more like an American Bulldog (maybe staff x with one, as he's a fair bit smaller) I'll plonk a picture up a bit later when I get in
(just because people should never really need an excuse to post pictures of their pets)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Great dog.
Great Face!
Looks like you've got an awesome buddy.
I've got two dogs right now. I've had as many as three at a time.
I'd Keep more, if I could afford it, and had the space.
Got any more pics? Let's check him out!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Your dog looks as if he has a lot of character and a wonderful nature.

My baby was also 'rescued'. She was born with a genetic disorder ( something to do with a dominant white gene). Apparently this is common in boxers, dalmations and even a breed of cats. And yes, the breeders also put them down shortly after birth. I was lucky, my Emma went unnoticed! Only found out her condition when she went for her first visit to the Vet, who suggested having her put down. I refused and am happy to say that she is probably the best dog we have ever had. She is completely deaf and has one eye smaller than the other, but she is such an awesome gal.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thanks all for the compliments I have some resizing to do but will bet more pics up later today. I agree about not buying from irresponsible breeders. I feel they should be tired down and have the dogs they abuse have their way with them

Downinafrica
on letting her live and I am sure that her being def is only a mild hindrance.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Its absolutely no hinderance at all. I have taught her sign language of which she picked up pretty quick. Other than that she reads our body language and facial expressions - like any other dog. In fact she has no idea that shes any different.

Would love to see more pics.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
your dog appears to be a PUREBRED American bulldog.
we were the proud owners of one for 12 years before he got cancer and past away.
My ex-husbands cousin breeds them and ships them all over the world.
look up Razor's Edge American bulldogs and you will find that his dogs have sired many.
Our Raydar was the pup of Sultan and Vogue, both blue ribbon show dogs.
I see no pit features in your dog at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Nor have I was only told that he was an American Pit Bull. The head for one is a dead giveaway. But thanks all for opinions and compliments will have a few more picks up in a moment.

First snow

More with the ball

Zoomed in on a Chihuahua

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, it resembles a Johnson. A "Johnson" does not refer to a "Pit" in any way. A "Johnson" is the larger form of the American bull dog. When the American bulldog (a smaller version) breed was almost extinct in the 1940's D. Johnson and Mildred L. Johnson revitalized the breed in a larger form. I suspect the person who provide the dog most likely meant yours is a Pit x American Johnson. I only say this as your dogs ears seem slightly smaller like an uncropped Pit's and it's muzzle seems only slightly less square and smashed than a pure Jonson's American. Who cares what it is, that is one fine looking animal! Just my op....

~Hyp

[edit on 7-4-2009 by HypnoAsp]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HypnoAsp

Thank you. I agree could care less what he is. He's my buddy that's all that matters. And also thank you that is the most information I have ever scene about the "Johnson" breed. Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh wait...

I thought this thread was about someone something else...

Cute pics Ant.

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

:shk: But thanks anyway Carrot

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Anytime

That's what I'm here for.

- Carrot

new topics