It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.3 magnitude earthquake in Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
en.wikinews.org...

Gioacchino Giuliani, a researcher at a Gran Sasso physics institute in Italy, claims that he predicted the powerful earthquake that struck the country on Monday, but was dismissed by the authorities as a scaremonger. According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS) the moment magnitude 6.3 earthquake struck Central Italy at 3:32 a.m. local time on April 6. So far, over 150 people have been killed with over 1,500 injured and tens of thousands of buildings damaged or destroyed. A magnitude 5.1 aftershock struck the same region just under 24 hours later. Giuliani claims to have predicted the quake by monitoring radon gas emissions. Last month, cars with loudspeakers drove around the area, broadcasting the researcher's warning that a quake would soon strike. He was then reported to the authorities for making false alarms, and was obliged to remove his findings from the Internet.

Has anyone else heard about this quake in Italy. I feel bad for all the people that lost their homes, they deserve better - this guy told everyone it was going to happen. Do you think the technology to properly detect earthquakes is being suppressed? Any ideas why? To me, it seems that it would save a lot of money on reconstruction to have more seismologists adopt this method, and have some early warning systems set up around the world. But I have seriously come to believe that most governments just get off on watching their people suffer... I can't believe they didn't take this guy seriously, he is using a scientific method to detect earthquakes, I know that a lot of nutjobs claim they can foresee disasters like this happening, but this is way different, he is an educated guy, he has a patented device, and earthquakes actually happen when he detects them... What more proof do you need?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yep...

Yer about a day late & a dollar short...

Huge earthquake strikes Italian heart
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh sorry. I looked through alternative news and current events, and didn't see this posted. Sorry again. Mods can delete this if they want.

new topics

join