It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shoots Himself During Watchmen Movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Man Shoots Himself During Watchmen Movie

www.kmtr.com

A man shot himself to death in a Eugene movie theater just after midnight Monday morning.

Police say about 10 patrons were in an auditorium at Regal Cinemas watching the movie “Watchmen.” About midway through the film some of the moviegoers told the manager they heard a “popping” noise like a gunshot. A 24-year-old man was found in the rear of the auditorium with a gunshot wound to the head.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.roguegovernment.com

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Police-officers were relayed information about the aftermath of the man's shooting. He died before they arrived to the cinema. The patron closest to the man was two rows away from him.

I'll try to find out more about the shooter's background. Hopefully, we won't find out that he left behind any poor children or had a family, who could have helped him overcome his depression or whatever condition, in which he found himself before he laid himself out.

www.kmtr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am not one to try and dictate what anyone should do with their existence here, God only knows I've not treated my body like a temple, but THIS is truly selfish..

I say this not only as a human being, but also a former cinema center usher.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I am not one to try and dictate what anyone should do with their existence here, God only knows I've not treated my body like a temple, but THIS is truly selfish..

I say this not only as a human being, but also a former cinema center usher.

My first job too
if only people knew what you had to clean up after each session....

Suicide is mostly seen as selfish as you say, but after losing someone very close to me this way, I have learned to treat his suicide as a death like any other death from illness. To me his dying from 'depression' was a definitive outcome like dying from cancer. Once you come out of the anger the grief is there regardless whether you lost them that way or any other way. You just miss them.

Depression is a serious illness like an other disease. It really isnt treated with enough care, openess and understanding towards those around us who suffer it. Its kinda a Taboo topic, but it is an illness all the same.

Sad for the patrons and staff seeing that trauma but sad for the very unwell man who did this.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well I only see it as selfish due to the spectacle he caused. If he had done it in his home, I could see the point.

Not to be morbid or anything, I'm just a believer that one should be able to do what they please with their bodies. I had the misfortune of recently actually experience someone kill themselves. He jumped off of a Holiday Inn and landed about 50 feet in front of me..

Do I hate him because he killed himself? Certainly not!
Do I despise him for making me see that? Hell yes.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
:shk: I've never seen anyone kill themself in real-life, but I know what depression does to people. When someone is extremely depressed like that guy, I doubt other peoples' feelings matter to that person.

We're glad he didn't shoot anyone else or take anyone with him, at that time. I imagine that his bullet could have gone straight through his head (if he was using a different gun) and hit whoever was near him.

Violent & depressed people like that bring other people down in 1 way or another, anyway. I wish I could have helped him find a reason to feel better about himself, but I don't know enough about him, yet. I shouldn't judge anyone, like that.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

That would be tough to see, and I'm sorry to hear about the jumper,
You're right it is horrible to experience, but as N & H says, they can't reason at the time enough to think about you

I had another good mate at uni OD accidently infront on me and die right at my feet, the trauma of seeing someone die was there, but I came to view it also as him being an addict and unwell, and as grizzly and unexpected as if I had seen him hit by a car.

Anyway this reflection is a bummer...I'm clearing outa this thread OP
sorry

[edit on 6-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I'm just glad you survived & you can help others, who may not know how to deal with death like that. Anyway, back to the story about that shooter: I've been told that story was released to get more publicity for the producers & anyone else, who invested in that movie-production.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Perhaps The Watchmen is really that bad of a movie.

I have no respect for those that choose to end their existence in this life. Absolutely none. I think that if someone chooses to end their life they should have at least the common courtesy to climb into a dumpster before ending it all so that the cleanup would be easier.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

join