It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Caskets Arriving at Dover -- What Bush Doesn't Want Reported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here's a link to an excellent resource concerning the coffin photos and articles. (It's halfway down the page.)

www.poynter.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It is time to retaire from this post, thanks for everything EastCoastKid, and I think that Cool hand does not like you to much.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It is time to retaire from this post, thanks for everything EastCoastKid, and I think that Cool hand does not like you to much.

Ya think?

and you're most welcome, marg. I wish you and your Marine all the best.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will be looking for your post, and ocurs cool hand,s too.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNNs Take on this

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
He's definitely serious comic relief! I'll give him that.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, 100 percent political campaint for bush, I mean the comments.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Seattle Times was berated for publishing photos of the caskets of returning servicemebers.

My thumbs up to the Seattle times, one of the few independantly owned newpapers left in America.

Let those photos be published nationwide so all these apethetic Americans can see the bodies of the heros returned, then look at Iraq, and ask themselves: are the live of our kids really worth THIS?

Vietnam sure as # wasnt, and niether is Iraq. People wont get it until they do see the ciffins being unloaded, someones relative, that these are thier fellow Americans dying for a war that truly is still unjustified for a nation of people who arent ready for feudalism, let alone "democracy".

A thousand curses and vile oaths upon Bush. But then again, he is a skull and bonesman, we all know what THEY like to do with coffins, he doesnt want the media there cuz he doesnt want them to see the big woody he pops when he sees a coffin.

And who the hell cares what Coolhand thinks?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
East Coast Kid and Coolhand, your repeated personal slurs and insults toward each other in this thread have been overlooked for the last time. If you want to have at each other, do it via U2U or the mudpit. It is possible to discuss topics without personal derrogatory comments. This is the last verbal warning and if you think I'm frigging kidding just try me! ENOUGH!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
You are insufferable. When are you going to back up your warped rhetoric and go volunteer for Iraq duty? Or are you just the pathetic armchair warrior you come across as?

Why would I want to go back there? I already did my time there, chances are I will be going back soon enough.

But, if you sign up I will be more than happy to go with you.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Check out Drudges new feed.
www.drudgereport.com...

Most of the photos are the remains of the Space Shuttle Columbias Crew.

And this was sent out by NASA

April 23, 2004
Bob Jacobs
Headquarters, Washington
(Phone: 202/358-1600)

NOTE TO EDITORS: n04-059

COLUMBIA CREW MISTAKENLY IDENTIFIED AS IRAQI WAR CASUALTIES

Many news organizations across the country are mistakenly identifying the flag-draped caskets of the
Space Shuttle Columbia's crew as those of war casualties from Iraq.

Editors are being asked to confirm that the images used in news reports are in fact those of
American casualties and not those of the NASA astronauts who were killed Feb.1, 2003, in the
Columbia tragedy.

An initial review of the images featured on the Internet site www.thememoryhole.org shows that more
than 18 rows of images from Dover Air Force Base in Delaware are actually photographs of honors
rendered to Columbia's seven astronauts.

News organizations across the world have been publishing and distributing images featured on the web
site.

-end-

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I see no problem with releasing the pictures of flag covered caskets. The US voting population needs to see that bush has done nothing to decrease the number of youg american soliders that are being killed everyday in Iraq. The administration is SCARED that if the voting population were to see the sheer numbers soliders being killed, there would be no chance for re-election. It's a lot different to look at 250 flag covered caskets then to just look a the number 250. There's politics involved here and anyone that thinks that there ain't need to read up on bush a little more. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
mORE AND MORE PEOPLE WILL DIE IN THIS WAR.

And what do we have to show for thiewr deaths?

Some 200k military personell died in WW2. But for that war, we have something to show for thier sacrifice.

Japan and Germany were utterly defeated and destroyed. And we still stood.

60 thousand died in nam. What do we have to show for that?

NOTHING.

Im not sure how many died in Korea. ALOT. What do we have to show for that?

Well take a look for yourselves. Was the divided korea and continued drain on US tresources worth the cost in lives? We still have North Korea running its mouth threatening us. So.........

What have u to say, eh?

Our death toll in Iraq (which more than likely is being undereported, to hide the number of suicides and acts of insanity behind the lines) is rising, closing in on 100 offically.

What do we have to show for it? Iraq is no closer to being resolved than it was 2 years ago. The idea of democracy in Iraq is a joke.

Not too mention, how many other coalistion casualities have been suffered? Do our few remnaining allies feel like this whole bull# war was worth the cost? It dont look that way.

Most Americans, William, you are absolutely correct, will not have thier attention turned from American Idol, Everyone Loves Raymond, or whatever sports game is on TV. But there are a few who will, and thats all u really need, a few people to see, and start squaking and raising up a huge bitch over the whole thing. The rest eventually will have no choice but to listen.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I could go off how i dont think yall have any respect for the dead service men who died fighting for our country but i wont in good taste not to start a flame war. But There is a certain degreee a country must honor its dead. I know i would hate to be a family who lost there dad/husband fighting a war to have to see the casket he is in on the tv.I have a friend who lost there dad in a flight mission in Korea bout a year ago and that girl is still disturbed by any kind of mission. I can only imagine the heart break she would have to go through if shes watching tv and a news flash or soemthing came on that showed her dad in a flag clad box waitin to be buried. That would devistate me. Ive grown up in a military town and made friends with alot kids whose parents serve in the armed forces. ANd from theere perspective there is nothing yall can say that would make me change my position on this.

OH and the idea that bush is doin this were it wont hurt his image?? Like SO stated you think that the american populas would actually remember the images the next day. Yea a few of the informed ones but not the masses who act like sheeps. But that shouldnt even be the point your argueing that it should be allowed to show a acurate number of the dead in the war. It would be just acction that wourl desenseify the american people. It would also make the bodies of brave service men tools for ratings and presidential approval numbers. We should not make a mockery of these people who fight fro your freedoms. NO MATTER WHAT.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join