It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travelers - Where are They?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your reccommendations for reading. I really appreciate it. Great subject to ponder.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoebeflakes
If the theory of parallel universes if correct than there has to be at least one world where time travel is never discovered regardless of it being theoretically possible. Maybe that's us!

So what we need to do is just find a way to visit a parallel universe and have our fun over there

Party in Universe B! Everyone into the quantum tunnel!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

For years now,My nbiggest wish EVER and I plan to do it too,is as soon as I achieve tiem travel,I will go to 2009 for ex,or sooner,or multiple years and meet myself- the dude sitting here right nwo and typing this message.
I woudl definitely go straight away to MYSELF and meet up,because the 2009 version of me-which is NOW, is hoping for years now to meet up with my futureself,and he can visually look any age,cause time is irrelevant to him(me).

Now i made a thread just nwo about why I'm not experiencing my future-self,maybe because timetravel can only be experienced first-hand,through your OWN eyes,not meeting up with a time traveller,cause that is not directly your expeirence,even if it is a future-self.
So Ill have to wait to personally being able to travel in time,and then I can indeed meet my other self,the past-self. but sadly,cant meet my future-self(he would have had a different future than me from the point when we met,because HE would change the timeline and I would have a different future than him).

thoughts on this theory?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Where are the time travelers?

My guess is that they can either only travel through existing portals, or alternately there are thousands of time machines with asphyxiated travelers floating in interstellar space.

Heres why: Relative velocity.
Do we live in a geo-centric universe? Nope. So If I leave my time, and jump to a different one (without existing portal), then you have to bear in mind that the planet, and the solar-system, and even the galaxy have moved.

Unless we can track the delta-vee of everything (including galaxy-super-clusters, etc), we cannot guarantee that we land on solid ground.
Who knows, maybe the universe is moving at some rate too? Spin? Twist?

And on the invisibility matter I have to link you to the IPU

"Like all religions, the Faith of the IPU is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them."

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Time travel is real , but the travellers are bound to God's rules .

e.g Tsunami , Banda Aceh . - the small Christian minority

left town the day before , to seek higher ground - saved by

time traveller !

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Maybe "these" times are like some sort of "No Fly Zone".
Airspace is restricted, why not time and space?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You can not time travel, because time does not exist. There is no time, there is only the "now"

Yesterday just simply does not exist, tomororow, does not exist. Only the now!

Time is something that we humans made up to make life easier, to have a referance point as to when we should do certain things.

Could be possible there are parallel dimensions which have their now just ahead of ours. So when you travel to those dimensions you are not time traveling but dimensional travelling. This explains why we have absolutely no leads as to being visited by time travelers, because they are not in our dimension anymore.

Also i think that everyone accesses those dimensions by every choice you make. What if yesterday you decided to tell a woman you love her, and she tells you she loves you too? Then i think you'll shift in dimensions because there would also be a possibility of deciding you wont tell her..

I'm straying a little off-topic now but in short, time doesnt exist so you cant travel it. But there may very well be other parallel dimensions which have their "now"-time just a little away from our "now"-time. And then you dont time travel, you dimensional travel

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I personally think time travel is possible but not how they show it on TV and movies!
It would be hard to comprehend at our stage in the circle of life!

[edit on 1-12-2009 by Wolf ]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
they are to busy killing all the mad scientists and country s leaders to save us from killing the human race off...
if you had a time machine would you go back and kill hitler\stalin ?...
that's why all these scientist are now dieing mysteriously...
the future people kill them before they can trigger an end game for planet earth...
its just to dangerous for them to go and reveal themselves before they get rid of all the nutjobs....

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
All any of us can offer to this thread is conjecture and personal belief.

Maybe time travellers can only view and not intercede , thus preventing a paradox from occuring, who knows ?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
they are to busy killing all the mad scientists and country s leaders to save us from killing the human race off...
if you had a time machine would you go back and kill hitler\stalin ?...
that's why all these scientist are now dieing mysteriously...
the future people kill them before they can trigger an end game for planet earth...
its just to dangerous for them to go and reveal themselves before they get rid of all the nutjobs....

If those leaders and mad scientists will trigger an "end-game" for planet Earth, there would be no future. So how can people from the future come back to avoid something from happening? Like i said, if it happends there is no future and no time travellers to stop it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The furture could be among us already. Maybe the reason we don't know is because they are hiding so they don't change timelines so they don't make a mistake which could wipe us out, create a parodox. Time travel is a danger in many ways, a mistake could destroy all of us.

TwistedReality

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
You can not time travel, because time does not exist. There is no time, there is only the "now"

Yesterday just simply does not exist, tomororow, does not exist. Only the now!

Time is something that we humans made up to make life easier, to have a referance point as to when we should do certain things.

Could be possible there are parallel dimensions which have their now just ahead of ours. So when you travel to those dimensions you are not time traveling but dimensional travelling. This explains why we have absolutely no leads as to being visited by time travelers, because they are not in our dimension anymore.

Also i think that everyone accesses those dimensions by every choice you make. What if yesterday you decided to tell a woman you love her, and she tells you she loves you too? Then i think you'll shift in dimensions because there would also be a possibility of deciding you wont tell her..

I'm straying a little off-topic now but in short, time doesnt exist so you cant travel it. But there may very well be other parallel dimensions which have their "now"-time just a little away from our "now"-time. And then you dont time travel, you dimensional travel

Time was here, time was here before us. It is because of time we age and die. How do we grow with out time? If they was no time there would be nothing. Without time the universe would be halted, frozen before it began.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valeri

For years now,My nbiggest wish EVER and I plan to do it too,is as soon as I achieve tiem travel,I will go to 2009 for ex,or sooner,or multiple years and meet myself- the dude sitting here right nwo and typing this message.
I woudl definitely go straight away to MYSELF and meet up,because the 2009 version of me-which is NOW, is hoping for years now to meet up with my futureself,and he can visually look any age,cause time is irrelevant to him(me).

Now i made a thread just nwo about why I'm not experiencing my future-self,maybe because timetravel can only be experienced first-hand,through your OWN eyes,not meeting up with a time traveller,cause that is not directly your expeirence,even if it is a future-self.
So Ill have to wait to personally being able to travel in time,and then I can indeed meet my other self,the past-self. but sadly,cant meet my future-self(he would have had a different future than me from the point when we met,because HE would change the timeline and I would have a different future than him).

thoughts on this theory?

I wouldent. For all you know meeting youself can cause an explosion.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I could give you an interesting link, but I bet I would be banned because it belongs to "another" conspiracy forum.

If you wanna see it, I can provide the link by PM.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
It's possible.

Some of theory goes that time travelers could not arrive in a time before time machines had been invented....

Yes -- this is true.

One theoretical time machine imagined by physicists uses wormholes (which, at the moment, are not proven to exist -- but they theoretically can exist). The time machine would be created like this:

One end of the wormhole is "moved" at a speed that is a significant fraction of the speed of light. Then that end of the wormhole is moved back again to the original place at a slower speed. Time dilation (caused by moving the end at close to the speed of light) causes the end of the wormhole that has been moved to age less than the stationary end. THEREFORE, a person entering the "stationary" end (that wasn't moved) would then exit the "moved" or "accelerated" and end at an early time, because the "moved" end is younger due to the acceleration and time dilation.

BUT...as elfie said in his/her post, time travelers can only go back to a time that occurred after the creation of the time machine itself. If the time machine was made in 2009, then no future users of that machine can go back to a point earlier than 2009.

Also, in a time machine created using this method, you would not be able to "dial up" the number of years you want to travel -- That amount is "set" when the machine is made.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
You can not time travel, because time does not exist. There is no time, there is only the "now"...

Some physicists believe that is not something that "happens" to space, but rather space is something that "happens" to time.

That is, all of time and all of the past and future history of universe already exists somewhere, and our universe's existence just "views" a small portion of that time through a window called "perception"

An analogy would be: sitting on a train watching the landscape go by out a window -- The landscape is "time", the train is "the universe", and the window is "what we can perceive"...
...The WHOLE landscape exists at one time whether we look at it or not, but on that train we can only perceive small bits of it through the window as we pass it by.

[edit on 12/8/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, I'll provide a search for Google so you can see what I'm talking about by yourself.

Search this on Google:

"A time traveler just visited us? This is the resume I made for you"

Regards.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
All the probabilities they "jump" into inevitably fail or get folded into another line for correction.

Therefore, the line we are in is forever time traveller free. They always get split out.

(waiting for people's brains to implode on that one.)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Let me provide some extract:

We look basically like Homo sapiens. There are a few minor physiological differences, like body temperature, heart rate, and blood pH, but I think those are still within only a few standard deviations of a normal Homo sapiens.

As for physical appearance, most of us look African, since the widespread space colonization was mainly done by African powers.

People like me from the reservations on Mars or on the Moon are the exception to that. Most of the people living on the reservations are of American or Chinese descent. The Vishniac Reservation that I come from is for Americans, so I basically look like a white American.

On a more minor level, most of us on the American reservations are very attractive by 21st century American standards. You can probably guess what almost 9,000 years of 21st century American style sexual selection means for human appearance in your future.

Sometimes of your people say our eyes are a little bit bigger compared to yours, but I haven't really seen any noticeable difference between my eyes and yours.

Those of us who are operatives in your time period are mostly recruited from the American reservations because that's where almost all of the English speakers live in my time. They want people who can communicate in English in your society with the least amount of additional training.

Since most of our operatives in your time period are of white American descent, some of you have incorrectly assumed that we all look like this, when actually we're a very small minority of my species. That's why a lot of your people mistakenly refer to us as "Nordics".

-----

Additionally I also learned that you get "wisdom teeth" and we don't.
I am posing as a human here on Earth in your time, yes.

Yes, there are meditation techniques that help us to practice our psychic abilities. The majority of Christians where I come from have these books in their Bibles: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, Samuel, Kings, Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations of Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Matthew's Gospel, Mark's Gospel, Luke's Gospel, John's Gospel,
Acts of the Apostles, Letter to the Romans, First Letter to the Corinthians, Second Letter to the Corinthians, Letter to the Galatians, Letter to the Ephesians, Letter to the Philippians, Letter to the Colossians, First Letter to the Thessalonians, Second Letter to the Thessalonians, First Letter to Timothy, Second Letter to Timothy, Letter to Titus, Letter to Philemon, Letter to the Hebrews, James' Letter, Peter's First Letter, Peter's Second Letter, John's First Letter, John's Second Letter, John's
Third Letter, Jude's Letter, and John's Apocalypse.

The Olympian Catholic Church and Kinshasan Catholic Church both have these additional books: Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach, Baruch, Jeremiah's Letter, Azariah's Prayer, Susanna, Daniel Against Bel and the Dragon, First Maccabees, and Second Maccabees.

A few minority groups add Jubilees and Enoch.
We still have the text of books from the Bibles of historical sects that are now extinct (Eastern Orthodox Churches, Russian Orthodox Church, Assyrian Church, Gnosticism, Dajjalism), but nobody accepts those books as canonical any more.

A lot of our foods aren't that different from your foods, but I'm still learning about the differences. A few days ago I learned that here it was considered strange to have spaghetti on a sandwich. Everyone does that where I come from though.

Anything with rooibos in it is really popular on Mars.

Time travel makes concepts like "before" and "after" more difficult to address concretely, but I'd probably be answering your intended question by saying that this time travel conflict is our first conflict with the Greys.

There are planets with intelligent life, but we don't know how many yet. We've only explored a small part of our galaxy.

There are other humanoid species, if what you mean by humanoid is cephalized, bipedal, bilaterally symmetric.

The Nommos living in the Sirius system are such a species, though they have a lot in common with fish and amphibians too.

If the Greys succeed, we won't exist.

It is somewhat more complicated than your 21st century science can describe right now, but basically there is a second dimension of time, which resolves things like time travel paradoxes. This also allows multiple timelines to coexist at the same time, up to a point. Gradually all the timelines get woven together into a single timeline. The time travel conflict with the Greys is about making certain that our timeline, and not the Greys' timeline, is the dominant timeline when they all get woven together.

We don't try to change the past. The Greys are trying to change our past while we are trying to ensure that our past happens as recorded.
Trying to make changes in the past that would affect our present for the better is considered too risky. The outcome would be unpredictable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join