It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with Americans today and the world...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

I really wish that I wouldn't have had to read 3/4's of the way through your post in order for you to tell me what you were writing about.

That said, are you telling us that everything is right in the U.K.?

I wish that you didn't have to read through that far too, but some people (see above) are small minded and it is going to take a long time to open their minds. The intention is to hopefully shock enough people into doing something.

As for everything being 'right' in the UK, I'll be one of the first to tell you that things are not right here in the UK.

I will also be one of the first to tell you that things here and everywhere will get better once we start taking responsility for ourselves. Once we start to take back our Sovereignty, and that critical mass is reached, you'll start to see a massive change in the way we live our lives. Even a massive change in the way that the government funcitons...

By peaceful actions, we can turn the tide against those in government.

Stop thinking of them as being 'in power' and start to see them for what they are - deceivers.

Lawful Rebellion - I cannot stress enough, that this is how we all get our world back... how we all make this place a better one.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Then explain to us what you mean by lawful rebellion.

The only articles I'm viewing about lawful rebellion relate to affidavits being served on the Queen under a clause in the Magna Carta (1215). And given that the United Kingdom didn't even exist in the year 1215 & that England and Scotland as separate countries ceased to be in 1707 with the Acts of Union, I honestly don't have a clue what you're going on about.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thank you for posting.

I make no judgment about you personally, so please do not take offense by what I say.

Many of the assertions you have put forth in your post will likely be considered naive by a good many readers here. I am curious as to what your chronological age might be, because I recall having a similar worldview at a much earlier time in my life.
You are very optimistic, I must say. In some ways it is refreshing, if somewhat nostalgic.

The problem, however, is not that the politicians are stupid, or that they are corrupt, neither is the case. Politicians are very intelligent (despite Bush and his 'comments') and they are not corrupt, but they are working toward their own agendas - which looks like corruption to you and I. Politicians are in fact just greedy, selfish, egotitst which is something else.

It is my studied opinion that politicians can be both stupid and corrupt, as well as working toward their (or others) agendas. It not only looks like corruption, it is indeed criminal. I agree completely with your last assertion.

The real problem with American Politics today are Americans. That's right, American men and women who "think" that they know what they are talking about.

I agree with that statement in part, but for different reasons. There are a good many Americans that do know what's going on and do know what they are talking about. There are a good many more that fit neatly into your appraisement.

The simple fact is that Americans are egotists, and arrogant.

You would do well to refrain from sweeping generalizations. It does not support your argument.

I do tar all Americans with the same brush here however, which is unfair, as some have begun to wake up.

Amen to that!

Yanks, Yanks, Yanks. Always bleating on about how they are the greatest country on earth... about how they can take on the world and win... about how they won World War II (when it was the inventors that really won the war)... and so on and so forth. To all of that I say rubbish.

I can sympathize with you on the sentiment, but lets just ignore those ridiculous people. Shall we?

The American comunity is based on the British community. The structure and function of governance is the same. There is a Head of State (President/Queen), branches of Government, and so on.

Not quite. Firstly, community is not the word you are searching for I think. The American parliamentary system of government has been influenced by the British system. Our Common Law is a direct descendant of British Common Law. Also, our representative system is also from the British system. Many ideas were indeed borrowed or copied outright from the British.

Both communities have something key in common, and all of you seem to have been so dumb, that even with the facts staring you in the face, you missed it completely.

It wouldn't be the first time. Do continue.

So, once more, we Brits must lead the way and bring you back to reality.

Insert "Rule Britannia" audio here

This FACT is so fundamental that you should have seen it long ago. This FACT is so fundamental that your eyes should open a little when you learn it. (remember, breathe) Ready?

Ready

The Head of State here in the United Kingdom is the Queen. She is the Sovereign of the nation, and borows her authority from the peoples of the United Kingdom.

A-HA!
Not quite. The Queen is THE Sovereign. Period. Her mandate is from God himself, not the people. Note the Oath taken by your representatives: ""I, NAME, do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God." See: Royal Prerogative -- Divine Right of Kings - Queen as the Head of the Church.

If at any time, the peoples of these islands do not think that the Queen is doing a good job, they can withdraw their authority from the Queen.

Fantastic idea. I wonder if anyone has tried it yet. Perhaps there is a history book somewhere that tells the tale.

That means that the President, borrows his authority from the peoples of the various States of America. Meaning that they can lawfully withdraw their Sovereignty at any time, and equally enter into Lawful Rebellion.

Not quite. The President is elected (sometimes) by an electoral college - being an elected body itself from the masses. His authority rests with his office and the rules governing his position - namely the Constitution and the laws and regulations pursuant to it. Before we rush to 'Lawful Rebellion ( an oxymoron if ever I heard one) we have legal remedies, as they do in your country, i am sure. The procedure is called Impeachment and involves the representatives of the People - the Congress. Curious that your Monarch cannot be Impeached. Ah well....

Still feeling angry? Or are you going to clam down, and learn more? If you learn more, I promise that life will become more fun, you will make a difference and life might actually start to look good again!

I feel quite relaxed now. Thank you. You offer good advice, friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

You don't live on land owned by the government. You live on land... the Government have you conned into thinking that they own the land.

This is a large and cumbersome subject that cannot be easily broken down into an easy to swallow pill. But, you can read about it, and take it in at your own pace.

As for the land, in the Legal world, no one can own land. I used to think that the people that bought houses on the land owned the land, or that the gov't owned the land... Legally, you own property ON the land.

As for the 'laws':

The Statutes (ACTS) passed by government are "given the force of law with the consent of those governed". That's what Blacks Law dictionary states, and it is used by lawyers all over the world... So at what time did you give your consent to be bound by Statutes.

Also, look up the definition of Statute. You will see that it is a "CONTRACT", and is not law. Law is what you inherantly know to be right and wrong...

Not causing loss or harm.

If for example you don't wear a seatbelt in your car (which is a contravention of the Highway Code in the UK), what harm or loss have you caused? In otherwords what LAW have you broken?

Watch the videos on the tpuc.org site. They can explain a lot more than me, and a lot more efficiently.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sooooo

All this talk of educating... yet, what are you saying?

That America is mostly based on British society and law etc, etc

Duh

based on AND Improved... everything comes from somewhere, both our languages are based on Latin so what?

In terms of arrogance and all the rest, YOU sound arrogant... Leading the way and how ignorant we all are and plagiarism... rofl

WE One upped the old empire

Big deal, get over it, stop glorying the fact that it looks like our empire might come to an end TOO... you have no great insight, every nation on Earth as walked the road to dominion and failed wooop for you

Here's the thing

It sucks for YOU worse than us...

A united globe would be great... what everyone is opposed to is the USA leading it where they have failed.

And frankly and admittedly with allot of work to be done, we were indeed the best choice, inevitably our demographic will best match the worlds, we have the resources and

admittedly a pretty good system, slightly different in some key ways but built off of the old British system... and it works and it's far from perfect but a pinnacle of world systems... it's good.. when the public chooses to USE it...

But really our decline means another dark ages... it does we all know it in here

and it sucks... because mostly for petty reasons many world leaders oppose the USA... and because of the way G W went about things

so

now we will be "just another country" too

How is that Good for England?

If rather than lead, where you have great protection from and influence over us, how is that better than absorbed into Europe or a Fifth place role in a giant democratic alliance that includes nations maybe even like India that out number you 15 to One

what fate does all this leave You...

I just ask myself this when so many Brits Glory that the USA is flapping here now...

As a global presence and influence where is the UK today without your English speaking friends in OZ and the USA

Arrogance

Was Plagiarized from the British, that is for sure and NEVER given voice and accent and overall demeanor has an American even approached the incredible portrayal of arrogance that a British Man is Taught from birth

I could not do snobbery, judgment, arrogance, or insult better than even a British child

Harrumph

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Hey Smack.

I did find it amusing that you asked for my chronological age...

However, I tend to disregard that these days, it makes me think I'm old.

In fact, I have a saying that I'm quite well known for:

"When I turn five, I'll think about growing up!".

In short, I have no intention whatsoever of growing old, and 'serious'. Life is far too short.

In response to your "insert Rule Britannia here" comment, that was a tongue in cheek remark.
The irritation is that sarcasm doesn't come over too well on the internet.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by The Lass

Have a good look through the site, and read the articles there. Watch the videos.

You should pick it up.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yes the "Rule Britannia" comment was a bit of fun. I know you "chaps" enjoy a good laugh across the "pond" as much as we "yanks'.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Yanks, Yanks, Yanks. Always bleating on about how they are the greatest country on earth... about how they can take on the world and win... about how they won World War II (when it was the inventors that really won the war)... and so on and so forth. To all of that I say rubbish.

The simple fact is that at no time, have I suggested that any one nation is better than another. In fact, if you re-read what I have put, you'll see that I've suggested that Britain got a few things wrong...

The one thing that was right though wasn't what "Britain" got right, but what we all get right when we are born... We are born knowing what is right and wrong.

Knowing what is right and wrong is where Common Law comes from. This is what we should all strive to return to. Forget the crap that comes spouting forth from D.C. or Westminster, etc.

Remove yourself from those systems. Send a message to those people that you are no longer going to be a slave to their money making schemes. Free yourself from their bonds.

Let the old system die the death it deserves. Be free.

I hope you can acheive this someday.

Best wishes in whatever you decide.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It's got nothing to do with Britain or the United Kingdom.

Neither even existed in the year 1215 when the King signed Magna Carta. The USA wasn't even discovered by Europeans until 200+ years later, quite what relevance the poor Americans have to this issue is totally beyond me. What on earth is the thread title about, apart from an open invitation for a transatlantic flamefest ?

You should edit all your posts and replace British with English.

Then add on a rider that the folks serving affidavits on the Queen removing their loyalty are as mad as hatters.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Oh, I know this...

Some of my closest friends are American. I've certainly fallen foul of a few of their practical jokes in the past.

You know, if we all smiled a little more that might help issues too. But as others here have already shown, they seem to have practiced frowning more than they have smiling. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm out of here for the night. It's late, I'm tired and my bed awaits.

Good night all. Have a great one!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Lass

Ah, well its just a shame that people still believe that Cornwall is just a county of England...

By British I'm talking about the peoples of the British Isles. It is a long subject, and getting complicated as I'm getting tired.

So I am going to leave this debate here.

Read about what I have touched upon. Hopefully I haven't disuaded you from learning something wonderful.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

While I generally agree with you on most all of your points... I would like to point out that there is no reason to be so mean about it.

You can typically convince more people with kind, well constructed words, than insults.

But, anyways... I Digress.

Yes, we ARE in a common law society, and that means that you can withdrawal your representation from the government.

Our governments, after all... are Corporations, in which we are all shareholders.

We pay taxes, and that is WHY we have the power.

If the majority stopped paying taxes, the government would have no logistical ability to coerce our consent, force our hand, whatever.

This is all voluntary.

After all, that is what the States did during their revolt from the crown...

They stopped paying taxes to their "Government" and started paying taxes to their OWN government.

A nation is nothing more than a collection of people paying taxes to the same place.

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah, just read that Britain wants to archive all emails for a year. They got their own problems.

On a side note, American shares the same problems as any other country. All the countries of the world are egoists. A methodology to turn people from egoism to altruism is what is needed, and to do that you need spirituality. Thought I'd throw that out there

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I just do not see any sense in this...if I became sovereign from the government (hypothetically speaking) then if I was to go murder someone no one could do anything legally about it...and I could not do anything legally to protect myself from others. Also, any government programs I could not participate in-school for instance. I would not have any legal identification and therefore no qualifications for almost any type of work. And I am still confused about the land (the property if you would rather call it that).

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
America has a problem with its politics, and most intelligent people realised this a long time ago.

The problem, however, is not that the politicians are stupid, or that they are corrupt, neither is the case. Politicians are very intelligent (despite Bush and his 'comments') and they are not corrupt, but they are working toward their own agendas - which looks like corruption to you and I. Politicians are in fact just greedy, selfish, egotitst which is something else.

Which means they are corrupt. It looks like you got it all figured out there, Red Coat. I welcome you to come on over to this side of the pond, where we can crown you as our new queen! And you can solve the worlds problems with a wisp of your magical wand!
Im not angry, I just get tired of hearing the pot calling the kettle black, thats all.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Funny stuff, Eddie Izzard types are so comical.
Eighty-four lines pointing out how superior you are.

You’re the only one that figured out memes.

Relax and breathe, don’t go all hooligan and start destroying a soccer stadium.

If a politician is furthering their own monetary and personal agenda that IS corruption.

Your comment about ww2 is quite silly and ironic considering you state “ Learn about
History”

What invention specifically? The Wheel?

You must mean The inventors of American military strategy at the time.

You know like daylight bombing so we could actually see the target. As opposed to night time bombing where you don’t hit the target but at least you don’t lose any planes.

America had vast natural resources and the industrial complex to turn those resources into weapons. In numbers great enough to overwhelm our adversaries and keep Briton supplied.

Patton said it best. “ Monty is a prima Donna “ must be a UK defect.

The words you chose and the context that you used them, well, makes your op trollish.
If it wasn’t for the labeling and ww2 comment you might have made a little sense.

No ill-will is meant.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
right lets have it then, im an english citizen although im not as smug and arrogant as the guy who made this thread ill gladly listen to whatever you have to say if you can 100% offer me a way or not paying taxes,rent,water rates,council tax it seems abit to good to be true

firstly can you explain to me step by step because im a little bit confused due to the fact that im clearly not as educated as you, so your saying you can just walk away from society and not have the law after you? you say you have done it and it is amusing to boot i think your words were?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The only way he has gotten away with this so far is that he hasn't been a big enough fish to go after. I don't care what affidavits you sign when you cost them enough, cause enough trouble or anything else you will have a view with bars. Your own palace as it were.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

ROFL! I love that pic.
2nd line..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join