It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript of letter purportedly sent by NY gunman

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Transcript of letter purportedly sent by NY gunman

www.google.com

Text of letter sent to Syracuse, N.Y., TV station News 10 Now from a man identifying himself as Jiverly Wong, the gunman who killed 13 people, then himself, at the American Civic Association in Binghamton. The letter was handwritten in all capital letters on two sheets of paper. It was postmarked Friday, April 3, the day of the shootings.

Date March 18 2009

Dear NEW TEN NOW

I am Jiverly Wong Shooting the people.

The first I want to say sorry I know a little English. I hope you understand all of this. Of course you need to know why I shooting? Because undercover cop gave me a lot of ass during eighteen years I got seven years and eight month delivery to grocery in the California came back New York on the August 2007.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wbng.com

Related ATS Discussion Threads:

Official: Hostages held after 'multiple' shootings Binghamton, New York

ed:add link

[edit on 4/6/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why did Jiverly Wong storm the civic center, murder 13 before killing himself

This article sheds some light on the mental state of the man
who shocked the country last Friday.

He seems to blame the police for all of this in a rambling delusional letter.

The letter arrived today and was mailed on the day of the shooting.

www.google.com

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is very interesting, as i was wondering how i could find out more about this individual. Obviously his mental state was far beyond rational thinking, but one must ask himself , how long was his personality like this ?.

Could this be far more deeper than just a singled isolated incident. The excuse given that he had an issue with a cop and so it triggered this rampage, well its far too convenient.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
wow

if this is the letter for why he killed the peeps..

wow!!

i dont know what to say really, his english is better than mine

i dunno man thats one freaky arsed letter .. the part that got me..

"have nice day"

well f'k me someone was about about to not have nice day heh inculding him

boy this world never seems to shock me anymore

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

An undercover cop that follows him around 24/7 trying to drive him nuts? That sounds like there's folks in the background causing the chaos.. not just some random Chinese guy shooting up a bunch of folks.

And I doubt that was an undercover New York City cop if he chased a Chinese dude that doesn't even speak english around 24/7 for years and years until he did this stuff, this sounds more like illuminati stuff.

No wonder folks are going crazy.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Certainly a very troubled individual.

That language barrier likely provided quite the frustration on top of what was already clearly an unstable mind to begin with.

I am curious though to find out what interactions he actually did have with police. You don't get that angry with something unless it directly affected you at some point.
At which point his mental instability likely connected dots that weren't there to be connected.

Definitely a paranoid and unstable individual.

The overall difficulty we have to face is, if we are to monitor for signs of mental instability in our citizens, how can it be done without infringing on privacy and other freedoms?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

It seems that the language barrier could have led him to jump to some conclusions, maybe had some dealings with the police and couldn't get them to understand what he was saying.

It was not an easy read trying to understand what he wrote, I can only imagine how much worse it must have been in the 90's.

That text message deal could easily have been someone messing with his head, (texting back :we are the police). It's not beyond some people in this country to make fun of and antagonize poeple who can't speak and understand English very well.

You would think though that being in the country for so long, someone would have had to be aware of Wong's instability

It's just a shame that anyone could come to the rationailty that killing innocent people in some way gets back at the police, apparently this guy seemed to think so.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
i smell a rat. This sounds way to conveinent and helpful to again attempt to ban guns, he did it cause of the police? Give me a break.

These are attempts to push the public into giving up their gun rights.

Even if this might be true and he did write this, then who knows maybe he was brainwashed by somebody somewhere.

people forget about manson and Jim Jones, etc. They forget that the CIA has done this to numerous people.

I wonder if somebody helped him get the guns then slipped him some drugs and then would do this repeatedly over years until he cracked.

But I also think he was just a nut and that might be all there can be to it.

Let's leave our options open and see how this pans out, I guess.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That 'bad' english just stinks to high heavens. I'm not an expert but the mistakes in it don't seem to me like I would expect from someone who doesn't speak english well. Maybe someone who has experience with this kind of thing might shed some light on this. Of course you have to take into account that maybe he wrote something and then used automatic spell checker that made it strange.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Why did Jiverly Wong storm the civic center, murder 13 before killing himself

This article sheds some light on the mental state of the man
who shocked the country last Friday.

He seems to blame the police for all of this in a rambling delusional letter.

The letter arrived today and was mailed on the day of the shooting.

www.google.com

So he blames the police but instead chose to shoot and kill innocent people who were taking a test to become legal citizens of the U.S., but killed himself as soon as he heard the police sirens? Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
That 'bad' english just stinks to high heavens. I'm not an expert but the mistakes in it don't seem to me like I would expect from someone who doesn't speak english well. Maybe someone who has experience with this kind of thing might shed some light on this. Of course you have to take into account that maybe he wrote something and then used automatic spell checker that made it strange.

I find it strange too. He used the word "domineer" which is a word you don't hear often.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Let talk about when I live in California. Such as...cop used 24 hours the technique of ultramodern and camera for burn the chemical in my house. For switch the channel time...For adjust the fan. For made me unbreathable. For made me vomit. For connect the music into my ear.

What the hell does this part mean?

Is it possible this person was... influenced into doing what he did through chemical means? Was he drugged by police officers? Could it be possible that he was a test-subject for something?

The whole letter is weird. I can't say for sure if it's real, but if the guy wasn't just plain nuts, there might be something to this.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah and 'massage' instead of 'message'. That one really seemed strange.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i didnt want to say this befor but after reading about the english bit about it...

reading it just totaly made me think of team america :/

anyone els get that creepy feeling or just me?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Let talk about when I live in California. Such as...cop used 24 hours the technique of ultramodern and camera for burn the chemical in my house. For switch the channel time...For adjust the fan. For made me unbreathable. For made me vomit. For connect the music into my ear.

Is it possible this person was... influenced into doing what he did through chemical means? Was he drugged by police officers? Could it be possible that he was a test-subject for something?

The whole letter is weird. I can't say for sure if it's real, but if the guy wasn't just plain nuts, there might be something to this.

I think in that part he is claiming that cops were somehow using some kind of technology to burn the chemicals in his home, switch his tv channels, and adjusted the fan. He claims these actions caused him to have difficulties with breathing, made him vomit, and hear music despite being unable to locate its source.

He sounds like the classic psycho.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Possible poor imitation of Borat for make benefit glorious gun-grabbing agenda!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
ok, I will say right now, I did not read the ENTIRE article, just the main post...
The reasopn I didnt read it all, is because I dont believe it.
I will tell you why...
Look at his spelling...His spelling is almost spot on ...but his sentence structure is so out of whack, that it looks like it was done intentionally, just enough to where we can understand it, but think that he is a loon.

HOW can you spell so great in english, and not be able to form a sentence right? he spells past elementary status, thus he should be able to put proper sentences together.

SORRY DEMS, IM NOT BUYING IT>
better work on Plan B.

Edit To Fix grammar errors.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Just on a quick read of this, I would guess that it was composed using a combination of rudimentary English skills and automated translation software - hence the sometimes 'sophisticated' wording, used awkwardly in context.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

If you really wanna buy that story, go ahead, but I dont think that is the case.
I think if he was really bothered by something that much, he wouldnt use a language that is foreign to him to get a such a meaningful point across.
Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Dunno - I agree with the use of the word "purportedly" in the thread title. Seems unlikely that this letter, if real, is any kind of "manifesto", but rather is just what it appears to be - a semi-coherent rant to a news station. Likely, any other writings, if they exist, are being kept out of the public view. Probably more significant is what, if anything, was revealed to or observed by individuals, rather than written.

I agree with the previous posters that the writing shows an established or developed paranoid mindset. The determinable significance of that fact alone, however, given unestablished validity and context, is virtually nil.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join