It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann fears 'politically correct re-education camps for young people'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Bachmann fears 'politically correct re-education camps for young people'

minnesotaindependent.com

U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann says she fears the Obama administration will create “re-education camps for young people, where young people have to go and get trained in a philosophy that the government puts forward and then they have to go to work in some of these politically correct forums.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
interesting comments by a representative ... i think she feels the same as some of the ATSer's on this site ... i'm neutral ... interesting though ...

here is a quote from her and an audio clip about the subject ...

It’s under the guise of — quote — volunteerism. But it’s not volunteers at all. It’s paying people to do work on behalf of government. …

I believe that there is a very strong chance that we will see that young people will be put into mandatory service. And the real concerns is that there are provisions for what I would call re-education camps for young people, where young people have to go and get trained in a philosophy that the government puts forward and then they have to go to work in some of these politically correct forums.

*(some bs in beginning about the lady running again)

factcheck.org 'debunks' this claim here

what are your thoughts?

minnesotaindependent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

factcheck.org 'debunks' this claim here

It is true that the mandatory service study was removed from H.R. 1388, and placed in H.R. 1444, which was introduced in the House on March 11th, then referred to subcommittee. It is also true that the committee has yet to take any action on this bill. It may die in committee, but then again, it is possible that it will be sent back to the floor for debate and a vote. At this point, no one knows what will happen to HR 1444.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
She's a loon...

Nothing more need be say.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
She's dancing the line on the Crazy-Hot scale:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Bachmann is bananas!!!!

But before I get to that, let's examine what the act actually entails (taken directly from FactCheck.org) and its positive reprocussions:

The act also aims to increase volunteer and public service opportunities, including opportunities for retirees and the Baby Boom generation, and to "support institutions of higher education that engage students in community service activities." It calls for giving students who complete an approved full-time national service job an "educational award having a value equal to the maximum amount of a Federal Pell Grant." AmeriCorps says this would increase the amount its members receive upon completion of service from $4,725 to $5,350, which they can use to pay for school or pay back student loans.

Well, for those of us who might like to serve our country in a peaceful way (say we're not the Army type...) this is a fair way to pay for college. And not to mention, as one of the younger generations, what are we going to do with you Baby Boomers anyway! Psychologically speaking, due to medical advances and increased life expectancy, as well as increased lay-offs due to age, it is becoming almost "stressful" to grow old without feeling "useful"-I can't help but shout from the rooftops how constructive this is.

But here is the kicker-and the end-all to mandatory public service theories:

Some Internet postings claim the bill says the government must come up with plans for a “mandatory service requirement for all able young people,” but that phrase is nowhere to be found in either the House-passed bill or the Senate version.

***snip***

All of that language is now gone. To be clear, the original bill didn't call for a mandatory public service program, but called for the exploration of whether one could be established. But the entire section on creating a "Congressional Commission on Civic Service" was stripped from the bill.

So I say no worries. In fact, I'm starting to get excited about this.

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
She's a loon...

Nothing more need be say.

Yep, she is like Ron Paul gone wild...

Definitely not the brightest bulb in the congress

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The politicians just get crazier and crazier! Isn't it amazing how they can take something good and make it look like it's the work of the "Devil!" Hell, it will show our youngest citizens how to care for each other and shape their minds to be more kind in nature. How can that be wrong?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It just truly amazes me how some of these nuts get elected into some of the highest political positions in our country.

Michele Bachmann: "Not All Cultures Are Equal"

Rep. Michele Bachmann caught the national spotlight recently when she told MSNBC's Chris Mathews that Barack Obama "may have anti-American views."

Although Bachmann's statement may have come as a surprise to people outside her home district in central Minnesota, she has a history of making statements that are inflammatory, controversial, questionably informed and that require further explanation. Until now, the most famous of those was her assertion that there was a plan already in place to partition Iraq and give half of it to Iran. She later said her comments had been "misconstrued" but did not elaborate.

Prompted by a question on the rioting in France and Europe at the time, Bachmann said "not all cultures are equal, not all values are equal," letting it be known that she thought that people of the Muslim faith had an inferior culture to that of the United States and the West.

She held forth on the European unrest, referring to a generation of unassimilated Muslim French youth addicted to cable television, led in her imagination by al Jazeera to wreak havoc.

Here's the video of her saying that "Not all culures are equal".

Bachmann: "Not All Cultures Are Equal"

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

She's right, but she's completely missing the point. We already have these. They're called 'public schools.'

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I find ti funny how since a politician says it they must be a loon.

Anyays, I pretty much actually agree with Bachmann. Anyone who read HR1388 would be scared ******* about the contents in the bill.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Anyays, I pretty much actually agree with Bachmann. Anyone who read HR1388 would be scared ******* about the contents in the bill.

Come on now, the lady is trying to capitalize on fear and outrage

I don't know a single Obama supporter who would support this alleged future, its a nutty claim.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

I don't know a single Obama supporter who would support this alleged future, its a nutty claim.

Okay, I kind of support Obama myself.

I support his actions which I agree with and I disagree vehemently with the ones I disagree with.

Bachmann is pretty much on the spot here and I couldn't agree more. The bill called for adding values of community service into the educational curriculum (whatever that means). They plan to expand the mericorp and they plan to expand all of these other things.

The bill doesn't talk about community service. It's not community service. HR1388 is about national service. Read it for yourself. I hope this bill doesn't go through. People will feel that it's good for them to volunteer and then they'll be like "I didn't sign up for this! What a load of BS!"

Now, regardless of whether she is capitalizing on our fear and outrage, just try to understand the context of what she says and research her claims for yourself.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Okay, I kind of support Obama myself.

I support his actions which I agree with and I disagree vehemently with the ones I disagree with.

Bachmann is pretty much on the spot here and I couldn't agree more. The bill called for adding values of community service into the educational curriculum (whatever that means). They plan to expand the mericorp and they plan to expand all of these other things.

The bill doesn't talk about community service. It's not community service. HR1388 is about national service. Read it for yourself. I hope this bill doesn't go through. People will feel that it's good for them to volunteer and then they'll be like "I didn't sign up for this! What a load of BS!"

Now, regardless of whether she is capitalizing on our fear and outrage, just try to understand the context of what she says and research her claims for yourself.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Frankidealist35]

Well I am sort of pissed at him myself...

I just think Bachman is trying to paint a picture that panders to fear and doubt, which is what tyrants do to solidify rule and prominence.

Anyhow Obama goes to far pushing on Americas ideals and he will be out... The guy is calculated, he wants another go - the picture painted by Bachman is equivalent with political suicide on steroids.

Anyhow I think Bachman is trying capitalize on the PAUL built tea parties more so than anyone. She just wants the GOP back in - I don't trust her she is trying to drag people to this alleged "truth" - thing is you don't need to drag anyone to the real truth...

She has off motive for days IMO,

JEB/ BACHMAN 2012!!!

new topics

top topics

join