It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus Predicts The Destruction of New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Read Here: www.qsl.net...

I personally believe this guy could be right. What do you think?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I believe it.

New York City is the centre of finance for the United States and the world.

If New York would be destroyed, America will slowly crumble.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I believe it.

New York City is the centre of finance for the United States and the world.

If New York would be destroyed, America will slowly crumble.

Illmatic67, your exactly right. If new york was destroyed, the whole of America fall in about a year or less.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
this has also been used to show that he predicted the 9/11 attacks on New York. Those same quatrains as a matter of fact.

2 cents !!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have read nostradamus preditions and just like the bible it have to much for independad interpretation, the new versions of it has been modify to fit into modern days, I will not trust it to much.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ummm that is a false Quatrain.

"Here is the �Hoax-tradamus� prophecy Reuters did not check:

In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city...
In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
While the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
Third big war will begin when the big city is burning.

Nostradamus: written in 1564

Let me advise you all, and the press at large, that you can always smell a rat in Nostradamus prophecy when the prediction has no indexed volume and quatrain number. Even in his own day, Nostradamus had to counter the publication of false books of prophecy attributed to his name. He protected himself and us by indexing every prediction for verification.

The first two lines of this clever fraud mangle real lines of Nostradamus coming from Century 10, Quatrain 72. Then the fraud�s next two lines are stolen outright and out of context from the real lines of Century 6 Quatrain 97. Finally, there are no documented prophecies that even come close to what Reuters spread all over the planet as words written by Nostradamus from the year 1564.

THE REAL PROPHECIES ABOUT THE ATTACK ON NEW YORK

Rather than fawn and frighten people with a fraud, I ask those of you in the press to disseminate the following two prophecies. These are REAL prophecies that some scholars of Nostradamus in the past have placed before you as warnings of future attacks on New York. In my case I have been placing these prophecies before the media for over 15 years. Here are the real and indexed predictions translated directly from the earliest editions of Nostradamus� original Renaissance French work, �Les Propheties� (first printed in serialized form between 1555 and 1568).

www.wovoca.com...

I thought that was common knowledge.
Mostly cause Nostradamus dieed BEFORE this "quatrain" was written

physician and astrologer Nostradamus (1503-1566)

""In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
while the fortress endures,
the great leader will succumb,
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

Nostradamus 1654

www.snopes.com...

Plus a lot of people thought that the 45 degrees was a reference to the lat and long of New York City...it is not

Latitude
Longitude
40�47' N
73�58' W

en.wikipedia.org...

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
nostradamus predictions lack detial. The predictions can mean many things, its not to after the event that we suddenly seem to make sense of his work.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Let me add one more thing nostradamus was very unhappy with the politics of his time most of his predictions were mingle with predictions for the fall of the political houses of his time.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is he predicting the destruction of just manhattan or all the boroughs too?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't place any stock in Nostradamus, but New York is the logical place to destroy if you want to attack Western Civilization.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Great! I live in New York and work down where the Twin Towers used to be.

Where should I move to now???

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by subzero360

People people ...this quatrain IS FALSE Nossie NEVER wrote it. Go to the snopes link, heck go to the Nostradamus repository

www.nostradamus-repository.org...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
One of the big arguments against nostradamus predicting stuff in this age is ;

What would we have seen if we had looked at them in the 18th century? We would have adepted the open-to-interpretation ambigious phrasing to our own situation.

I find it too ambigious to take seriously

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I havent read the link yet but will now.

Babylon is spoken of in Jermaiah and Issaiah and of course Revelations. This land is not the ancient area of babylon that is now Iraqi as the Bible actually describes it as a nation, with tilled land, many rivers and goes on to list many many attributes that describe America and in particular it lists New York as having a deep sea port and surrounded by rivers.

Anyway that point is? This end time nation is destined for total destruction. Whether by natural disaster or by an enemy it will be removed from the world scene, and will become a by word...people will hiss when they pass this nation.

Pretty heavy #. Very very heavy #. Anyone who reads this will think im an Antiamerican nut, which isnt true, but when the read ALL the things quoted, America is THE only nation in HISTORY to meet all the requirements. Basically in short, a nation that will be THE richest of ALL time and will be a total whore, economically, culturally and spirtually.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by subzero360

Arizona.....or Canada would be safe bets if you ask me...I'm moving to NYC for the summer....well I'll be living in Westchester but working in the city from the end of May till the end of August...hope nothing happens....

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Canada would be best bet, its a lovely place

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Arizona or Canada would be safe bets.....

There's just one problem with Arizona being a safe bet...the largest group of nuclear power plants, in America, is about 40 miles west of Phoenix.
joey from Phoenix

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Nostradamus... ah, Nostradamus...

He predicted the end of the world in one way or another to occur about once every three years, starting in his own lifetime and running up to the present. If we're gonna listen to him, we'd all better watch out for the "Tyrant of Fire" that will "fall from the sky" about... oh, five years ago.

There have been real prophets, and there have been real mediums. Nostradamus was not one of them. He may have gotten lucky a few times, but any of us could do just as well.

In fact, here's a quatrain of my own:

In the Year of the Small Rabbit,
The Men of East and West shall on the field of battle meet.
Blood shed, souls shorn, death shall reign.
Mekka lekka hi, mekka hiney ho.

There... give me a few weeks, and that'll come true.

Write your own! It's fun!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I agree Xenographer.

Rather buy a bible.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
Nostradamus... ah, Nostradamus...

He predicted the end of the world in one way or another to occur about once every three years, starting in his own lifetime and running up to the present. If we're gonna listen to him, we'd all better watch out for the "Tyrant of Fire" that will "fall from the sky" about... oh, five years ago.

There have been real prophets, and there have been real mediums. Nostradamus was not one of them. He may have gotten lucky a few times, but any of us could do just as well.

In fact, here's a quatrain of my own:

In the Year of the Small Rabbit,
The Men of East and West shall on the field of battle meet.
Blood shed, souls shorn, death shall reign.
Mekka lekka hi, mekka hiney ho.

There... give me a few weeks, and that'll come true.

Write your own! It's fun!

lol...good point. All "prophecies" are up for interpretation.

top topics

join