It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why call them UFOs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
UFO means what it is, but it commonly associated with alien craft as the evidence just seems to keep piling for them to be what they are.

I personally think because of these "visitors" we have the micro-chip. Roswell, Treaty, exchange, and then violia! microchip.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lastxdance

What evidence, please? After years of interest in this topic I still haven't seen evidence of alien space craft. Just things people couldn't identify, so they identified them. Or hoaxes. Either way, the "evidence" is missing.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would put my entire life savings on the fact that there are those things out there. An astronaut came into my 5th Grade class once to teach us about NASA and he said. "You've all seen Star Wars right? Star Trek? Well we're far beyond all that." He said no one not one person would dare say that to us. Of course we didn't take him seriously but who really knows?

Answer: The Illuminati know everything.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastxdance
I would put my entire life savings on the fact that there are those things out there. An astronaut came into my 5th Grade class once to teach us about NASA and he said. "You've all seen Star Wars right? Star Trek? Well we're far beyond all that." He said no one not one person would dare say that to us. Of course we didn't take him seriously but who really knows?

Answer: The Illuminati know everything.

So, you have no evidence, just faith. That's fine, but it's not a strong arguing point.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
No, but I do have faith in Jesus. I can't give you any evidence as I've never experienced that before, I'm simply interested in the subject. I may have seen a UFO here or there, but I certainly can't claim they were starships from the Zeta Reticuli system. However there are too many things happening to too many people at the same time for no one not to question if they are what they are assumed to be.

I don't think they are extra-terrestrial.

I'm sure they are extra-dimensional in a sense. But that part I base on my Christian faith.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

"I'm sure they are extra-dimensional in a sense. But that part I base on my Christian faith."

Nobody can give any credible evidence, that's the problem. And faith is not something you can prove anything with, so that's a non-starter.

BTW, why do you accept the "Christian" version of the creation of the Universe and discount the others? Prejudiced against the Maya perhaps? Are you anti-Rapa-Nui? Disrespectful of Vishnu?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
E T WORKS = 666 (I think that aliens and UFOs are the fallen angels that were cast out. What better way to try to lure us away from knowing the Creator than by coming down in a UFO?

No no I think that the Creator has a sense of humor (if he gave us his qualities laughter must be one) so he created all the civilizations that predict the end as a subtle hint of his time line for human history. The Mayan Calendar might be significant in that sense, and they were extremely precise. Plus he made languages and words specifically in a precise no mistake manner. For example:

Gematria: Peoples of ancient languages such as those used to write the Bible (Hebrew and Greek) also used the letters of their alphabets as numbers. Gematria is a system for calculating the numerical values of letters, words, and phrases of these duel purpose alphabets. An English Gematria system has been developed based on the very ancient Sumerian alpha/numberic system which used 6 as its base. By using the English alphabet and increasing the value of each letter by 6, we have a similar system as the ancient Sumerian civilization's system. This English Gematria is a strong evidence that backs up established Biblical doctrine, and helps us gain insight into Bible interpretations by looking for words and phrases with the same values.

EARTH SLAVE = 666 (Rev 3:10, 6:10, 8:13, 11:10, 12:12, 13:8, 12, 14, 14:6, 17:8)

PAY TAXES = 666

S S NUMBER = 666

ONE WORLD AD = 666

ONE E-WORLD = 666

NWO DRAGON = 666 (Rev 13:4)

PART IRON = 666 (Dan 2:41-42)

SECOND ROME = 666 (Dan 7:7-8, 19-26)

AAA BUSINESS = 666 (A is the letter for 6, so AAA is 666. In corporate business AAA is the best credit rating. In computer security, AAA stands for Authentication, Authorization & Accounting.)

SKULL - BONE = 666 (Lk 8:17)

ONE POWER = 666 (Dan 11:38-39)

DIGITAL ID CHIP = 666

CRYSTAL ID = 666

MONDEX CHIP = 666

VERISHIELD = 666

AI SYSTEM = 666 (Artificial Intelligence or AI. Rev 13:14-15: "And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth ... saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast .... And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.")

BIO-IMPLANT = 666 (Rev 13:16: "... he causeth all ... to receive a mark IN their right hand, or IN their foreheads.")

SCRIPTURES = 888

GOD'S PERFECT BIBLE = 888 (Jam 1:25; Ps 19:7)

LAW OF LIBERTY = 888 (Jam 1:25, 2:12)

GOD'S WORD: KJV = 888 (Ps 12:6-7)

THE SWORD LAW = 888 (Heb 4:12; Eph 6:17)

THE LIVE WATER = 888 (Eph 5:26; John 3:5, 4:10, 13:3-11, 17:17; Isa 55:10-11)

THE TRINITY = 888 (1 Jn 5:7)

MESSIAH JESUS = 888 (Anything with reference to jesus is 888)

THE KING JESUS = 888 (1 Tim 6:15; Rev 17:14, 19:16)

THE LION OF JUDAH = 888 (Rev 5:5)

MORNING STAR = 888 (Rev 22:16)

DIVINE PRESENCE = 888

OMNIPRESENT = 888

KING OF THE SABBATH = 888 (Matt 12:8)

BIBLICAL PROPHET = 888 (Deut 18:15; Acts 3:19-23)

COMING TRUTH = 888 (Jn 14:1-6)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

If you want to revert to religion, have fun with that. Religion is just philosophy without the redeeming characteristics. Ufology is seriously lacking in proof. If you can show where that's wrong I'd love to see it.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong just giving insight on UFOs from a religious standpoint since no one ever wants to go that route. It's either they came from Nibiru or Area 51 or they are extra-terrestrials. Or maybe all of them ha ha. Since it is Unidentified I can try to identify it like others are doing. Its obvious people are ready to accept there's a higher intelligence out there, but not God. Look up the subject of ELS sequences in the Bible and Torah and compare it to the skeptic's findings. You'll find it is a highly controlled experiment using a control text and the Holy Bible or Torah. The differences should speak for themselves in the strings of sentences.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'm not interested in the BuyBull, thanks. Just another set of tall tales with a leavening of reality (a small leavening). UFOs are another matter. Without evidence they lack all connection to reality.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I apologize for getting off topic a bit. I myself go by the listen to other peoples' ideals even if they are not your own thing, but isn't that being a little closed minded? I mean there are BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS of stars out there, why wouldn't at least one other planet like ours (if any) have life on it? At the same time, we might not ever know if they're not near our level of development. Yet these strange craft keep appearing out of thin air and doing the same as they leave, with maneuvers far exceeding our technological capabilities. That would seem to suggest two or three things that would stand out from other explanations using strictly a scientific viewpoint. 1) The governments of our planet have perfected anti-gravity propulsion, and it is highly experimental and classified technology. 2) They are some sort of beings from another place, time, dimension etc. 3) All of these witnesses that have nothing to do with each other are suffering from an undiagnosed human condition.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

"Yet these strange craft keep appearing out of thin air and doing the same as they leave, with maneuvers far exceeding our technological capabilities."

First, show that those things people see are "strange craft".

Second, show that those "strange craft" come from another planet.

Nobody's got past step the first yet. But that doesn't matter, we can ignore the need for evidence, right?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastxdance

Gematria: Peoples of ancient languages such as those used to write the Bible (Hebrew and Greek) also used the letters of their alphabets as numbers. Gematria is a system for calculating the numerical values of letters, words, and phrases of these duel purpose alphabets. An English Gematria system has been developed based on the very ancient Sumerian alpha/numberic system which used 6 as its base. By using the English alphabet and increasing the value of each letter by 6, we have a similar system as the ancient Sumerian civilization's system. This English Gematria is a strong evidence that backs up established Biblical doctrine, and helps us gain insight into Bible interpretations by looking for words and phrases with the same values.

EARTH SLAVE = 666 (Rev 3:10, 6:10, 8:13, 11:10, 12:12, 13:8, 12, 14, 14:6, 17:8)

PAY TAXES = 666

SCRIPTURES = 888

GOD'S PERFECT BIBLE = 888 (Jam 1:25; Ps 19:7)

AFAIK the Babylonians used the same system as the Sumerians and it was base sixty:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's one of the reasons minutes and hours are divided into 60 parts.

All of us do sexagesimal numbers when we tell the time. I think 666 is sexagesimal would be something like 0.11.6, like converting from seconds to minutess and displayed like a time (H:M:S).

There is no need to convert our alphabet's numerical values to sexagesimal because they're below the base, just like you don't need to convert 1 or 0 to binary.

I don't understand why they've multiplied the alphabetical numbers by six (e.g. a = 1 = 1x6 ... h = 8 = 8x6 etc.). It makes no sense. I can't see that it's in any way related to the Sumerians.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That wikipedia page is a wikipedia page for one. Stated in that paragraph is the ALPHA-NUMERIC interval of 6 for letters and numbers.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I was just stating some supplemental evidence for my off post topics.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I was just stating some supplemental evidence for my off topic posts.

I also need to type another line so its not just one so this is it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Nobody can give any credible evidence, that's the problem. And faith is not something you can prove anything with, so that's a non-starter.

Ouch, credible evidence? Do you know what I'm getting at? Is it you who makes it "credible" or is it the evidence by itself?

I have a feeling you're playing an epistemological game here.

Have fun,

N

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Nichiren]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

Credible evidence, following scientific principles of investigation.

See, that wasn't hard. (Well, here it seems to be impossible.)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It's a UFO, any other classification is personal opinion. I personally believe that they could be alien and terrestrial.

As for the TV show names, it's all advertising, quick, concise, informative. IAC isn't engrained in society as much as UFO, it's easily identifiable.

EMM

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join