It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What broke your camel's back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've notice in my brief time here that there are true skeptics and true beleivers. The purpose of this thread is to discuss that one thing that pushed you over the edge of belief/disbelief that aliens visit this planet.

For some it is a sighting, for others an abduction account, and for others a piece of information they found that caused them to start believing. For me it was a sighting of a large disc shaped craft during my childhood. Whats yours?

[edit on 6-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
For me, it was The Disclosure Project. This video actually convinced some of my friends, too.

I find the longer I live, the more my views change -- and aliens are no exception. I've gone from being a skeptic, to a true believer, back to a skeptic again. I do not know if aliens are real or not, or if the purported UFOs are man made, extra-terrestrial, or pure fantasy.

One thing I can't stop harping on is if UFOs are what people say they are (technologies so advanced we don't even understand the physics involved), why is there not a single shred of physical evidence? Not even a UFO hubcap has fallen down to earth for us to study.

But I guess that's where the conspiracy part comes in

I think the subject is interesting, regardless of what you believe UFOs are -- because there seems to be clear evidence that "something" is going on, out there. Personally I want to believe it's aliens -- but I need more evidence to take them seriously.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think for me it was when I watched zeitgeist for the first time, I actually stood up in my room, hands on head and went Whoa, always was a skeptic, but that video made me take up the cause as it were

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The initial sighting over the stepping stones at Dovedale of two white type ufo orbs dancing in front of me and my friend. No beer/drugs.......... just a couple of guys who met something so beautiful and out of this world.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

I actually still have never seen that movie although it has been recommended to me. I've never seen it at a video store either. Where can i get my hands on it?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I used to believe aliens where visiting the planet but the more I learnt about top secret proto-type aircreft the more I realised that UFOs are not flown by an alien intelligence but an intelligence agency.

"Still, I'd love to be proven wrong!"

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I'm pretty sure you can watch the entire movie and the second one on google video.

For me it was a mix of things from seeing a ghost and a few UFO's to just reading and educating myself. If you do enough research you can't help but believe and wonder about some things and with this age of information there's a lot of it available.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I actually believed in visiting alien UFOs (casually speaking) before I really looked into it online. Once I looked into it online and saw how laughable the subject was, I pretty much reserved judgment until a time came where I saw some sort of actual evidence that would clear the air. And no, I don't know what that actual evidence will be, only that I will know it when I see it so don't ask.

That was the tipping point for me. Things like folks actually defending some of the more outrageous characters out there cause me to pause a moment, and consider with whom I am sharing company. Further observations caused me to quickly rethink my original position (which was nothing more than a casual opinion) and take a step back and observe. After years and years of in-depth observation of the overall community, its major and minor players, and many other things that affect general opinion concerning the subject I have not been swayed yet.

So yeah, I guess I'm one of those skeptics that most love to hate. But I can't wait for someone or something to change my mind, trust me. Underneath my skeptic's hat I'm wearing now is a full fledged tin foil hat (I'm also wearing tin foil undergarments for fertility reasons.....but never you mind those). I just can't wait for the day I can strip down and let my tinfoil breathe............

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I NEVER believed in UFOs. Or anything weird going on that may involve secret earth-made craft at the very least - for a loooong time.
I had an uncle that did, and I was happy to go along with everyone that he just wanted to believe in a fantasy, or that it was all hallucination or something.
Until I saw one of those famed black triangles with two friends, who both also saw it. So I knew I wasn't hallucinating at least. It was rather high up and traveled from horizon to horizon at an impossible speed.
Then a third person in the same town saw one hovering very near to above her house and nearly had a heart attack...
So that was something. But I still believe this could be something we've created but is not told to the general public.

Then I saw a red sphere that hovered for a very long time when I was out walking. I thought it was a part of a radio tower or something, but couldn't see the tower, and it was bright and distracting. I didn't really think too much and got used to it as I walked, but then when I stood still to adjust my MP3 player, I looked up to notice it had started moving. I decided to watch it. I saw it go to the east for miles. Then suddenly disappear and re-appear back near where it was, but not quite. I watched it curve up and westward for awhile, then hover again. Then come back down....hover again.
On my way back, heading south now, it appeared right in front of me out of nowhere after about 5 min of walking. It was just very odd. But again, there may be an explanation.

Then my boyfriend saw an eerie one over the mountains in BC. This is where I finally started to really wonder.
It hovered between 2 peaks. It was spinning. A small object detached from it with a single green light on it, and went down into the mountain range, disappeared, came back up, and re-attached/entered, or whatever. It was hard to tell if it went 'in' or attached. Either way, the green light went out.
The larger main craft had 3 colours of lights alternating on it, or maybe that was what made it appear to be spinning in the first place. This thing was spherical or upright...oval/eg shaped ish....
Then the main craft, which had been hovering there for maybe 15 minutes finally began to rise, and then traveled at a high speed horizontally, and then disappeared when it hit heavy cloud.

If anything can't be explained as earthly here, I can only say, that one was it....it was just really eerie for some reason. I'd rather see another black triangle lol At least you can think, oh, just the latest model of the stealth bomber with anti-gravity features!

[edit on 14-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Phoenix lights and NASA footage. also just other too of reliable resources to ignore. i also enjoy UFO hunters stories

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Kaytag,walk with me for a moment here please.How many coins and paper bills of money do you think are lost by humans in the united states every SINGLE DAY?

How many do you think are picked up within literally SECONDS OF HITTING THE GROUND?

Honestly now!

The value of the item dictates the likelyhood of its recovery and also of the DISCLOSURE OF ITS DISCOVERY.

If I am walking to the movie theater with my friend and we have arranged our budget surrounding our outing to a mutually agreed upon understanding AND THEN I FIND A FIFTY DOLLAR BILL ON THE GROUND AND MY FRIEND IS UNAWARE OF MY FIND,I can maintain our agreement,pocket the fifty dollars to be used only by myself and according to todays societal norms not feel like a thief or feel guilty ,OR,I can tell my friend about my find and share the fifty dollars with him therby creatin double the possible realities stemming from my find.But to do the latter I would have to have a humanitarian conscience and mindset,and because these are learned concepts WE CAN SEE WHERE THE CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE,AT A GRASSROOTS LEVEL WHEN WE ARE CHILDREN.Society must change immediatly.

You see the only advantage there is in non-disclosure is that it prevents possible realities from occuring,thats all,but that is an incredibly omnipotent power to weild.Are you seeing my point yet?WE ALL WEILD THIS POWER EVERY DAY AND EACH OF US CAN CREATE THE PHYSICAL REALITY WE CHOOSE.Or we can GIVE THAT INCREDIBLE POWER AWAY TO OUR GOVERNMENTS OR THE POWERMONGERS OF THE WORLD.

But then we are left with the question of "DO WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO ABBROGATE OUR OWN PERSONAL GLOBAL RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY BY GIVING UP OR AWAY OUR VOTE to our own small regional government that only has jurisdiction within our borders BUT TAKES ACTIONS ALL AROUND THE PLANET AFFECTING LITERALLY BILLIONS OF HUMAN BEINGS.??

You see we need the website so we dont have to give away our single greatest power that each of us posseses.

We will always be faced with the same TRUTH ,and that truth is that we cannot in good conscience continue to operate within our current borders as a species.

All borders must fall,we must have a united ,global ,DEMOCRACY ON OUR PLANET AND THERE IS NO REASON TO WAIT TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with a thyroid dissease after my thyroid was attacked by a virus in 1996. I was put on medication that I would have to take the rest of my life. In 2002 I was 17 and me and a friend were riding bikes in the country in rural north dakota around dusk, a huge spotlight shone down on us like a police helicopter and we looked up and a huge triangle shaped vessel was over us by about 150-200 feet, The light felt hot but not burning hot, we were so scared and I went in to the doctor three weeks later for my monthly thyroid test and to my doctor, parents and my own surprise my thyroid is functioning at 100% percent after it had been "dead" for 6 1/2 years. Who or why this happened I don't know, all I know is that it happened and I am thankful. Since that I believe 100% and have a hard time believing them to be malevolent.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Edit: I realized after posting your thyroid, having been due to a virus attack, is probably a very different situation than mine. What kind of virus? That's interesting, I've never heard of that...is it possible many cases of low thyroid were actually due to this, unknowingly?

I have low thyroid....and saw a triangle...why didn't it fix meee!!!??? lol
That's freaking cool, if it DID have something to do with your encounter!
I have no idea what to believe; I do know that I have got my thyroid back up to function with some intensive natural health measures and l-tyrosine supplements. Sure you didn't get healthy, unwittingly? lol...

I just ask because I've heard so many rumours about the triangle crafts being man-made/secret projects and whatnot; where there's smoke there's fire right?
Unless we're all having smoke blown up our...noses....

That said, I don't have any faith or expectation in humankind to create a giant ship that flies around and heals people....
I'm sure if it could be done, the people with the resources for it still wouldn't bother.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I dont know for sure what type of virus attacked my thyroid I was only 11 or 12. I don't know if my encounter had anything to do with it, its just all to coincidental if it didn't. My friend that was with me doesn't remember anything from that period of time.

Either way, what ever happened solidified my belief in extra terrestrial.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe the projects talked about in the montauk series of books exists. Whether the project exists exactly as bielek said, it does not matter. I believe those projects exist, and that if there are aliens they are working with the governments behind the scenes. By the way all the mind control stuff bielek talked about is true, fact.

So thats my story of what reinforced my life that these things exist.

new topics

join